The Student Room Group

Why are some guys virgins until into their early 20's if they are attractive?

Scroll to see replies

They are probably lacking in social skills for whatever reason. Chatting someone up/escalating things beyond a friendship is far harder for guys then gals. If a girl wants to lose her virginity all she has to do is go out one night to a club or bar and talk to a guy. A guy has to be either extremely good looking - i'm talking about a Brad Pitt lookin' mutha fukker here OR have good social skills/ above average personality.

Those of you saying that they are 'waiting for the right person' or whatever is BS in the vast majority of cases. They are guys hence they want sex, guys aren't as emotionally driven as women and so sex isn't seen as anything special to them.

This is of course talking about having sex with attractive women either looks wise or personality wise.
Reply 81
Original post by TheInformer

Those of you saying that they are 'waiting for the right person' or whatever is BS in the vast majority of cases. They are guys hence they want sex, guys aren't as emotionally driven as women and so sex isn't seen as anything special to them.

Too over-simplified.
Original post by gintoki
What are you on about? I was just saying I was bullied by women, not that I'm hot or something like that :toofunny:

oooh sorry, I was a bit too eager to point out what I thought would happen haha

my bad
Original post by Legionkid
Too over-simplified.

In what way?

I don't think it is. In the long run almost everything us men do is to do with sex - making money, working out, being succesful etc, it's biologically programmed in us.
They are probably lacking in social skills for whatever reason. Chatting someone up/escalating things beyond a friendship is far harder for guys then gals.

if a guy is good looking enough (and i'm talking at least a 7/10) then social skills shouldn't matter in getting laid
In what way?

I don't think it is. In the long run almost everything us men do is to do with sex - making money, working out, being succesful etc, it's biologically programmed in us.

Something that really annoys me are people who believe that they are a spokesperson for their entire gender.
Original post by TheBlackMonster
if a guy is good looking enough (and i'm talking at least a 7/10) then social skills shouldn't matter in getting laid

You'd be surprised.

The thing is good looks will open the door but it's your personality that seals the deal.
Reply 87
lack of confidence, & just happen to have never had the opportunity.
Original post by LipstickKisses
Something that really annoys me are people who believe that they are a spokesperson for their entire gender.

Obviously it's not the entire gender... I type fast and don't always get the semantics right. However I still feel it applies to a majority of men.
Reply 89
tbh they might have been hurt when younger and now they know they are better looking they look for girls that have done the same and dnt want to settle for second best

just means its something more they are looking for that special instant grip

(tbh sex isnt the end all best but its fun)

plus if they didnt get attention when younger maybe they like the attention more and teh fact they stay virgins they know some girls wanna be there first as well makes them feel all teh wanted more
Original post by yanaid

plus if they didnt get attention when younger maybe they like the attention more and teh fact they stay virgins they know some girls wanna be there first as well makes them feel all teh wanted more

Girls surely will get more turned off by this past the age of 20 - why would they want some fumble-y mess in the bedroom rather than a seasoned vet?

It is basically social suicide for a guy to admit he hasn't had sex past a certain age and if he tells girls this then he gets what he deserves for being so unaware of how stuff like this works.
You'd be surprised.

The thing is good looks will open the door but it's your personality that seals the deal.

if it's in a party or clubbing atmosphere then I disagree. however, if they wanted to get into a serious relationship then I agree.

looks count for a lot more than you think, sadly. I wish it weren't that way but it is.
Reply 92
theres nothing wrong with a guy being like this.... sometimes guys are just after a nice girl and dont necessarily want a girl whos slept with over 20 guys by the age of 21.
Reply 93

You'd be surprised.

thats really beautiful! wot a lovely way to put it x :smile: wot a nice guy u r haha
Original post by KL1094
thats really beautiful! wot a lovely way to put it x :smile: wot a nice guy u r haha

What can I say? I'm a charming bastard.
It is basically social suicide for a guy to admit he hasn't had sex past a certain age and if he tells girls this then he gets what he deserves for being so unaware of how stuff like this works.

I would not be put off if a guy in his early/mid 20's admitted this to me. In fact I would prefer it. And if he is an attractive virgin then who cares??
Original post by firework123
I would not be put off if a guy in his early/mid 20's admitted this to me. In fact I would prefer it. And if he is an attractive virgin then who cares??

That would be fine if you can see it progressing to a long term relationship where both parties can be comfortable with each other. However, when a guy says this to a girl in her 20's you have no-idea how many men she's been with or if she is interested in settling down or just wants a ONS/fling that will put him in a disadvantage position because 1) Girl may not want to lead him on 2) Girl don't want guy to be attached to her 3) Girl wants ONS, doesn't want a virgin 4) Girl thinks guy is weird for being 20-Plus and never done things to a girl.

Is it harder for a guy to admit he is a virgin the older he is.
Original post by Casshern1456
That would be fine if you can see it progressing to a long term relationship where both parties can be comfortable with each other. However, when a guy says this to a girl in her 20's you have no-idea how many men she's been with or if she is interested in settling down or just wants a ONS/fling that will put him in a disadvantage position because 1) Girl may not want to lead him on 2) Girl don't want guy to be attached to her 3) Girl wants ONS, doesn't want a virgin 4) Girl thinks guy is weird for being 20-Plus and never done things to a girl.

Is it harder for a guy to admit he is a virgin the older he is.

Yeah I agree, but I suppose it depends on the girl, as if there are attractive male virgins in their early 20's, then there is no doubt many attractive female virgins of the same age.
Reply 98
Original post by firework123
Yeah I agree, but I suppose it depends on the girl, as if there are attractive male virgins in their early 20's, then there is no doubt many attractive female virgins of the same age.

I disagree, women have more opportunities to have sex than men.
I kinda wish I'd waited, though I wouldn't describe myself as good looking. But sex for the sake of sex is pointless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending