The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabz.94
Yeah I guess if I got an offer I would pick UCL too. I just got an email asking for a 1000 word essay by two weeks time!! Has anyone else had the same response? :confused::confused:

Yeah Its seems like a really interest aspect of the course, unique as well. Good luck with the essay & I think quite a few people got it today!
Reply 381
Is there anyone applying to UCL for archaeology and anthropology who hasn't had any further communication from them, other than recognition of their application? I haven't heard anything, not even a questionnaire and its driving me nuts :s-smilie:
Reply 382
Original post by Sabz.94
Yep they're asking for three A's too.. Wow pressures on now to actually get the grades haha <- *nervous laugh*

Oh my God ... I'm just not thinking about it haha :eek: REPRESS!
Original post by cocci
Is there anyone applying to UCL for archaeology and anthropology who hasn't had any further communication from them, other than recognition of their application? I haven't heard anything, not even a questionnaire and its driving me nuts :s-smilie:

Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. I sent my application to them at the end of October and I received an acknowledgement the next day. Since then I haven't had anything from them.
Reply 384
Original post by LRodel
Oh my God ... I'm just not thinking about it haha :eek: REPRESS!

I know I've been trying to block it out of my mind cuz if I don't I might pass out or something. Well good luck!!
Reply 385
Original post by FiveandSix
Yeah Its seems like a really interest aspect of the course, unique as well. Good luck with the essay & I think quite a few people got it today!

Thank you I have a feeling I'm going to need it...Oh okay cool... :smile:
Has anyone applied to UEL,Oxford Brookes,Roehampton or Trinity St David's to do Anthropology? If so, have you had any response? Cheers :smile:
Reply 387
Original post by Project AKO
Has anyone applied to UEL,Oxford Brookes,Roehampton or Trinity St David's to do Anthropology? If so, have you had any response? Cheers :smile:

Nothing from Brookes yet - had replies from all of my other choices though. I haven't heard of anyone getting offers from those unis yet, though! Hopefully soon :smile: Hope everyone waiting on UCL/LSE/etc hear back soon, too!

Also... got an unconditional from Aberdeen today, which will now definitely be my conditional! :biggrin: Has anyone else applied there?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by cocci

Original post by cocci

Don't worry too much, I applied for anthropology and sent off my application in November and I just got their essay task yesterday. My friend is applying for arch and anth but she hasn't heard anything yet either so I think they're probably just starting to send things out again.
Reply 389
Original post by whiteviolet
Just got an offer from Durham and the essay task from UCL! :smile:
haha after almost 2 months of silence I'm feeling a little more relieved now. Although I have no idea what to write for the essay task!

Me neither I'm trying to start working on it but the thought of it scares me :confused: I might write a load or rubbish :frown:

By the way does anyone know what happens after the essay stage? I mean the alternative to rejection? Do we have to go for an interview? :eek:
Original post by Remy-Rae
Wow, I had no idea that more females take Anth than males. That's a steep ratio..
Also, I don't think they take timing into account. They chose the most inconvenient time for me but it can't be helped now. :smile:

There's a lot more girls than guys doing anthropology, or at least, this was the case at Edinburgh. I'd say it was probably something like 25% male, 75% female. The other social science subjects like politics, IR and economics are more popular with males as they're more of an even split then.

But I was also thinking that! Say our grades go up from, B to A and a uni hasn't replied yet should we notify them?! :tongue:

You can do if the new grade changes your predicted grade. However whether they consider this will be another matter - some universities will purposefully ignore emails about grade updates because its likely that the students doing this will be from proactive schools who are very involved with their UCAS applicants. If information was used for decision making which wasn't available from the UCAS application form it might disadvantage applicants from less privileged backgrounds whose schools would not contact universities for them.
Original post by Megin
Nothing from Brookes yet - had replies from all of my other choices though. I haven't heard of anyone getting offers from those unis yet, though! Hopefully soon :smile: Hope everyone waiting on UCL/LSE/etc hear back soon, too!

Also... got an unconditional from Aberdeen today, which will now definitely be my conditional! :biggrin: Has anyone else applied there?

Thanks I had an offer from Trinity...yaaaayyy!!! :biggrin: I think quite a few people further back in the thread have applied to Aberdeen, congrats!! Woop Woop!
Reply 392
Where are people waiting to hear back from?
I'm yet to hear from Durham..
Original post by cocci

Update - I received the questionnaire from UCL earlier this evening.

I'm still waiting to hear from Durham and Edinburgh...
Reply 394
Hi guys,

I've applied to Durham (Combined Hons in Soc Sci and Anthropology and Sociology), Manchester (Social Anthropology and Sociology), Goldsmiths (Anthropology and Sociology) and Cardiff (Social Sciences)...
Had an unconditional from Manchester but still waiting to hear back from everywhere else. I only sent my UCAS off on 12th Jan though so I suppose it could be a while. Still stressing about it though, of course!
Anyone else applied to Cardiff? I didn't go to an open day, I just liked the sound of the course so I'm a little in the dark about it.

xx
Reply 395
Original post by emmaruth
Hi guys,

I've applied to Durham (Combined Hons in Soc Sci and Anthropology and Sociology), Manchester (Social Anthropology and Sociology), Goldsmiths (Anthropology and Sociology) and Cardiff (Social Sciences)...
Had an unconditional from Manchester but still waiting to hear back from everywhere else. I only sent my UCAS off on 12th Jan though so I suppose it could be a while. Still stressing about it though, of course!
Anyone else applied to Cardiff? I didn't go to an open day, I just liked the sound of the course so I'm a little in the dark about it.

xx

Probably not that helpful but I live near Cardiff Uni and have a few friends who go there now and love it, the city is awesome!
Just received an offer from Durham for Archaeology and Anthropology :biggrin:
Original post by AquilaXenon
Just received an offer from Durham for Archaeology and Anthropology :biggrin:

Congrats! :smile:
Congrats! :smile:

Thank you :biggrin:
Reply 399
UCL want me! Wooooo! Finally some good news after four months of silence!
Only waiting on LSE now but less hopeful because I doubt I'd get offers from all
three (SOAS,UCL&LSE)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending