The Student Room Group
School of Oriental and African Studies
London

Ask our Staff - SOAS University of London

Have a question about studying at SOAS? Our staff are here to help! :smile:
I'm pretty interested in MA in Anthropology, but my undergraduate background is Japanese Studies, does this affect my application?
School of Oriental and African Studies
London
my son just added law in ucas extra, does it still have space ?
Original post by SOAS
Have a question about studying at SOAS? Our staff are here to help! :smile:
Original post by armaniabk
I'm pretty interested in MA in Anthropology, but my undergraduate background is Japanese Studies, does this affect my application?

Hello,
I know it's been a while since you posted this question, but I just thought I would reply incase it's still helpful.

You can apply to the MA in Social Anthropology without a background in Anthropology. In fact you might find your Background in Japanese studies quite helpful. I think in terms of the application process I would advise you link your background to your current interest in Anthropology and this course specifically in your personal statement.

The course is designed both for students who are continuing their studies in Anthropology but also for those who are new to the discipline. Also, you can check out SOAS's On demand open day which also has taster lectures for the Anthropology course. It might help give you an idea of what the course is like.

- Monica (MA Social Anthropology)
Original post by Prettymum
my son just added law in ucas extra, does it still have space ?

Yes absolutely!
letter of expected graduation/when will I receive my degree certificate?

hello! im currently in my final year at soas and i am applying for a job but I need my degree certificate latest by end of july/august, i was wondering if this is possible? when do we normally receive our physical certificates?

also I need a letter of expected graduation before this, how would i get this letter? is it possible to get this letter before the end of june?

if im not able to receive my actual degree certificate before i leave for the job (as its in another country, depending on whether i get accepted with the letter of expected graduation) will i be able to request it be shipped abroad, of course paying fees if necessary?

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending