The Student Room Group

Anthropology Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from St Andrews, Durham, LSE or Bristol. I've only heard from Manchester, and I'm starting to seriously panic :/
Original post by Madison.
Is anyone else still waiting to hear from St Andrews, Durham, LSE or Bristol. I've only heard from Manchester, and I'm starting to seriously panic :/

I got a rejection from Bristol, but I'm still waiting on LSE too
Original post by flume
Has anyone else heard from UCL yet?
Wonder how long they're going to take... -_-

I've heard, AAB offer, but my essay was sent in december, so i dunno when the next batch will come back
Reply 523
After my panic last night, Bristol offer this evening. I honestly could put the Cheshire cat to shame!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Megin
I am! It's this Wednesday, 12pm-5pm :smile:
Did you go to the general open day before? I did but there wasn't much on anthropology, I remember. Looking forward to this, though!

Yeah I went to the general one last year but since I got my offer I thought it'd be worth going to have another look at it :smile: I agree there wasn't much on anthropology but hopefully this one will be more focussed on it :smile: Where else have you applied?
Reply 525

Yeah I'm waiting on LSE too :sadnod:
Reply 526
Original post by backonthemotorway
Yeah I went to the general one last year but since I got my offer I thought it'd be worth going to have another look at it :smile: I agree there wasn't much on anthropology but hopefully this one will be more focussed on it :smile: Where else have you applied?

Yeah, it'll be nice to learn a little bit more about the course and just get a general feel for the place.

I've applied to Goldsmiths, Manchester, Aberdeen, Queen's Belfast and Oxford Brookes. Offers from all but Manchester (rejection, sadly!), so probably firming Goldsmiths and insurance-ing (what an awkward phrase!) Aberdeen. How about you? :smile:
Reply 527
Durham offer :biggrin:
Just got an offer from UCL! I submitted my essay on 6th Feb in the second batch so I think everyone else should be hearing soon too :smile:

Congrats! I got my offer last month as well, which college have you applied for?
Reply 529
Original post by whiteviolet

Congrats! I got my offer last month as well, which college have you applied for?

You too!! Hatfield :smile: I haven't heard from a college yet though, yourself?
Reply 530
Just got an offer from UCL! I submitted my essay on 6th Feb in the second batch so I think everyone else should be hearing soon too :smile:

Wow congratulations! So this is it then, reply should be sometime soon! Thanks for posting that up because I've been waiting to hear about responses. Fingers crossed I get a positive one :tongue:

Congratulations, I have an offer for Arch & Anth at Durham :smile:

Congratulations! Still waiting to hear back from UCL for Arch & Anth, I had my interview on Wednesday and they said that I should hear within three weeks.
You too!! Hatfield :smile: I haven't heard from a college yet though, yourself?

Josephine Butlers, they sent me a invitation son after to go on an induction day on 21st March. They'll probably send you one soon too :smile:
Reply 533

Ahh congratulations! What was the offer?

I don't think I'm going to get an offer so it's just waiting for a rejection now D: Had my heart set on UCL but now I think it's going to end up as a decision between Manchester and Goldsmiths...
Has anyone been to any Goldsmiths open days? What's it like there? :smile:
Reply 534
Original post by flume

I don't think I'm going to get an offer so it's just waiting for a rejection now D: Had my heart set on UCL but now I think it's going to end up as a decision between Manchester and Goldsmiths...

Went to both Goldsmiths days! I really liked it there, but it depends what you're looking for in a university, I think. The campus is a campus but it's very small when you compare it to Manchester - and a lot of department offices are housed in residential roads around the campus. So it has quite a small, intimate feel. Also the main road, tube station and majority of halls are within 5 minutes walking distance.

The anthropology staff and students seem really close knit though, got an opportunity to meet and talk to some and they all seemed really passionate about the subject and what they're teaching.
Reply 535
Guys in case anyone is waiting on LSE for a reply, I got one today. Although I was unsuccessful. Heartbroken </3
Reply 536
Original post by Sabz.94
Guys in case anyone is waiting on LSE for a reply, I got one today. Although I was unsuccessful. Heartbroken </3

Ah I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: If it's any consolation at least you know now...rather than getting your hopes toyed with till the deadline :frown: Where else have you applied?
Reply 537
Original post by G.E
Ah I'm really sorry to hear that :frown: If it's any consolation at least you know now...rather than getting your hopes toyed with till the deadline :frown: Where else have you applied?

Aw thanks :smile: Yeah I'm glad I know now rather than waiting and finding out at the last minute... I've also applied UCL, SOAS, Goldmith's and Brunel. I have offers from the last three but waiting on UCL now.. What about you?
Reply 538
Unconditional from Queen's Belfast (:

But I'm really just waiting for Edinburgh and the others scot unis...sometime next week hopefully! :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by flume

AAB. You never know until they reply though, I thought the essay I sent was awful but it seems to have turned out ok. Good luck to you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending