The Student Room Group

GCSE Students - What subjects will you take for A-Levels?

Scroll to see replies

English, Psychology, Philosophy and Ethics, Geography
Biology, Chemistry, French and History
Original post by Didierr
Maths
Biology
Chemistry
Physics- not sure as I'm not great at it
Or Drama

drama lol I cant believe they give a levels for that! hahahahaha
Reply 1203
Original post by gideongaspard
drama lol I cant believe they give a levels for that! hahahahaha

Guessing you would advise me to take physics....
I dunno which one, physics is well respected
but dramas easy and I'm good at it!
Ive chosen to take Maths, Physics, chemistry, biology and French for now, but not sure whether it would be more beneficial for me to take Further Maths instead of french, because that's more in the forte of subjects ill most likely pursue.. but then I'm worried unis will see me as someone who is only strong in the sciences and so i wont look diverse enough...
Original post by katiepreston
Ive chosen to take Maths, Physics, chemistry, biology and French for now, but not sure whether it would be more beneficial for me to take Further Maths instead of french, because that's more in the forte of subjects ill most likely pursue.. but then I'm worried unis will see me as someone who is only strong in the sciences and so i wont look diverse enough...

I want to do exactly what you are doing!
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics w/ Business for me! Engineering at Cambridge is my goal!!
Original post by Didierr
Guessing you would advise me to take physics....
I dunno which one, physics is well respected
but dramas easy and I'm good at it!

I guess so, I know that Sciences and Maths are like the most valued skills in the working world, ESPECIALLY MATHS-leads to many careers in the working world. But always do what you like and think about the career that leads to it. Ask yourself these question: Will there be SERIOUS competition, Do I need to have qualities that set me apart from others in this field i.e. journalism. So yeah :smile:
Original post by Frankster
Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics w/ Business for me! Engineering at Cambridge is my goal!!

I want to be an engineer as well YAY for engineers but I want to go to Imperial the best for sciences!
Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics & German. I would have loved to study Geography in place of German but it clashes with my Maths so I can't. I hope I get the A or A* grade I want for GCSE Maths. I'd love to have the option open to study Further Mathematics if I do well at A level Maths. :smile:
It's really not as exciting as you all seem to think
Original post by gideongaspard
I want to be an engineer as well YAY for engineers but I want to go to Imperial the best for sciences!

ye imperial is quite good for sciences but i dunno atm im attracted by the prestige of cambridge
You guys are all so smart! most of you are taking maths and sciences! I'm too dull to take those haha!:frown:
I'm taking Psychology, Religious Studies, BTEC Health and Social care and Welsh Bacc :smile:
Hi, I think I just ruined my life ... in regards to my A-level options after a failed exam... So I don't know what to chose any more...Has this happened to anyone? what am I supposed to do right now?
Maths, Further Maths, History, Government & Politics and German for me :cool:
Reply 1215
Maths, further maths, biology, chemistry and maybe physics and spanish!!
Reply 1216
Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Business :smile:
Reply 1217
if i do a levels: biology, psychology, art and photography :smile:

if i do ib: biology (hl), psychology (hl), english (hl), maths studies, art (sl) and spanish (ab initio) and i'll include photography in CAS :smile:
Hi guys! Jumping on the bandwagon around here...

Hopefully, I'll be taking -

Geography, chemistry, maths, further maths (dear lord!) and anthropology - a new A Level my school is offering as of September 2013! :smile:

However I'm also considering physics and possibly business studies... Also I'm hoping to vary my reading and consider English lit... Bit weird, I know, what with all the sciences! I don't really want to do further maths but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to take to put myself at an advantage for studying chemistry! :P
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1219
Government & Politics, economics, maths and physics. Plan to drop government and politics after AS though because of the poor career prospects.

Quick Reply

Latest