The Student Room Group

Law BA & Investment Banking

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fauni

Original post by fauni
I know someone whose doing Comp Sci at Kingston and he's secured a Summer Internship with Citi in technology. Although it's back office, I'm not exactly sure what your preference is?

Make your CV stand out and you'd probably have to get involved in a quite a lot of EC's, but you may be able secure at least an Interview. I'm not exactly sure how far you'd get with a FO role..

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply, if i decide to try and take this idea further i will take your advice into account :smile:
Reply 41

Original post by Clip
You're the first person I have encountered that refers to it as such. I just find it odd that someone with half an eye on the bar, and a barrister as a father would use such terminology.

That's fantastic for you, run with the idea :smile:
Reply 42
Don't take this the wrong way but i doubt you could get into IB. Maybe back and mid office. Even oxbridge/ lse pupils with firsts in subjects such as maths or economics struggle.
Reply 43
Original post by JuicyFruityx
Did you not read that i was in hospital, i sent of my statement late down to no fault of my own.. i had to apply to where would take me.
Yeh i did go to two good school Old Palace & Croydon High goggle them :smile: Won't taht look lovely on my cv.
Who cares if my dad helps me take advantage?! Lol get of all the help you can get in this world, not my problem if your not getting it :wink:

If you went to a good school then they would naturally expect really high grades so it may actually be detrimental.
Reply 44
Original post by mvp47

Original post by mvp47
If you went to a good school then they would naturally expect really high grades so it may actually be detrimental.

Not really as my circumstance would be seen as mitigating.
If I did get an interview i sure i could explain this if I where to be asked.
Reply 45

Do you really think you would even get an interview ?
Reply 46

Hate to break it to you but they don't really give a crap. Perhaps the only time they would allow was if your where an orphan while looking after 4 brothers and therefore got a 2.1.
Reply 47
Why do you want to go into IB, it is overrated. Sure the pay is crazy but it is stressful and you have to do very long hours and with little job security.
Reply 48
Original post by boobooboob

Do you really think you would even get an interview ?

I do think it's possible for people to get anywhere in life if they put their mind to it & they really want it.
To be honest you can tell me different if you want but i'm not really bothered.
From the start of this post I said i was just asking a question, acting like it's my life ambition.
Thanks for replying though x
Reply 49
I do think it's possible for people to get anywhere in life if they put their mind to it & they really want it.
To be honest you can tell me different if you want but i'm not really bothered.
From the start of this post I said i was just asking a question, acting like it's my life ambition.
Thanks for replying though x

What a levels will you get AAB in
Reply 50

What a levels will you get AAB in

Currently I have an:
A in law
A in psychology
B in sociology but if i can get an A in my Tuesday's exam (sociology unit 4- crime & d with theories + methods) should be able to push that up a grade
Hopefully....
Reply 51
Original post by Datbreh

Original post by Datbreh
Good luck getting into IB with your rig'd Law BA from brunnel.:borat:

thanks babe, if you could read you'd see the Brunel offer was LLB but i'll let you off
x
Currently I have an:
A in law
A in psychology
B in sociology but if i can get an A in my Tuesday's exam (sociology unit 4- crime & d with theories + methods) should be able to push that up a grade
Hopefully....

None of these are proper subjects.
Reply 53
Currently I have an:
A in law
A in psychology
Hopefully....

Are you a troll ?
Reply 54
Original post by CityTrader

Original post by CityTrader
None of these are proper subjects.

LOL okay then
Reply 55

Are you a troll ?

Yes i'm a troll *sigh*
Reply 56
Are you a troll ?

L0L.
Reply 57
Yes i'm a troll *sigh*

Kingston is not a good idea, if you can get AAB. Why that uni ?
Original post by Millz

Because she takes awful subjects at A level
Reply 59
Original post by Millz

Original post by Millz

It's my insurance choice because of my unfortunate personal circumstance I couldn't apply when everyone else did I applied really late. Had too ring up and apply after so the good uni's wouldn't accept me. What can I do I don't want to take a gap year I should get into Brunel. At the end of the day if i can get a first or 2:1 i should be-able to get a decent job in Law which is what i wanted to do anyways, not to mention i lucky enough to have my dads help, I know a lot of people have slated it on here (lol) which tbh is hypocritical because if they had the help they would grab it with both hands. I was just inquiring about banking out of interest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending