The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 1
me- got the offer for maths and cs. need CC only in any subject in phy, FM or ICT. erm well i dunno about people getting offers without having cs. sorry
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I know someone who has CCC offer for computer science at Bristol with a C in maths. She is predicted AAA though.
Reply 3
I didn't do maths, and had my offer reduced to ABB (I did Biology, ICT, History)
Reply 4
Jamie23
I didn't do maths, and had my offer reduced to ABB (I did Biology, ICT, History)

Thats cool,im in Y12 at the moment. i was going to apply to bristol for CS next year, but wasn't sure as i don't do maths. I currently do physics, computing, history and business.
Reply 5
It's all about the maths is what comsci mates tell me. As shown above, it might not be an absolute requirement to get in, but you'll sure be glad to have it once there!
Reply 6
exactly! and maths is wonderful too! atleast maths is easier than further maths. i think u need maths to understand the logical way of performing sequence of instructions for programmimg easily but dont REQUIRE it. it helps though!
Reply 7
I am the course rep for CS @ bristol and maths is def required although I know some people who didnt do Alevel maths so they had to pretty much do a level maths as an open unit in first year which was quite demanding aparently. Whilst maths is not needed so much in first year, second year is much more mathematical and you really see how/why u need maths and apply it in real world programs such as matrix multiplications etc

--------------

oh forgot to say if anyone wants to know more about the course etc feel free to pm me.

Latest

Trending

Trending