The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Had a drop in Southampton once and my clutch went. Did halfway there and all the way back in second gear. This thread is brilliant for reminding me of bad bike moments :tongue:

I still consider myself a Londoner, although I haven't been for over 3 years ago. At least I'm in Rochester and not Chatham.
Reply 781
Original post by Mandrake45
Had a drop in Southampton once and my clutch went. Did halfway there and all the way back in second gear. This thread is brilliant for reminding me of bad bike moments :tongue:

I still consider myself a Londoner, although I haven't been for over 3 years ago. At least I'm in Rochester and not Chatham.

Glad it's reminding you :biggrin: The soc has the entire list of errors and mistakes i've made over the years.

See i consider myself a surrey lass. despite being 100 miles away. Although the amount of time i've spent in essex recently, i should probably be considered welsh! :tongue:
Heh. The bad moments always tend to stick better than the good ones.

First thing I'm doing when I get wheels is taking at least one refresher course, I've been out of the game too long.

Also, TOWIE is a a lot easier to pronounce than TOWIW. :biggrin:
Reply 783
Heh. The bad moments always tend to stick better than the good ones.

First thing I'm doing when I get wheels is taking at least one refresher course, I've been out of the game too long.

Also, TOWIE is a a lot easier to pronounce than TOWIW. :biggrin:

Lol... but one involves miniskirts, and hte other chainsaws. One is infinitely more fun :biggrin:

(and wales likes to keep things unpronounceable :biggrin:)
Reply 785
And it won't let me rep you!
Original post by Bathwiggle
(and wales likes to keep things unpronounceable :biggrin:)

This is true. My family have a bungalow in Aberangell so I learnt Welsh pronunciation early but it still seems odd.
Reply 787
I dunno what I'm working next week yet, so you're gonna have to fix it and then I'll see. But I don't even have a bike, so
As mentioned before, I can only do the 2nd or the 4th next week but happy to do either one as I now have fuel money to do things.

The route Wiggles, Si and I did to Loomies was good fun so I vote we do it again. We should also let little kids know that Wiggles is coming well before we get there. Having said that, the responses we got back from them after we waved were absolutely priceless; that was the kind of moment my vlogging would have been perfect for.
I'm ashamed at how long it took me to work out who 'Wiggles' was. Couple of days I think.
Reply 790
Original post by LandyJon
As mentioned before, I can only do the 2nd or the 4th next week but happy to do either one as I now have fuel money to do things.

The route Wiggles, Si and I did to Loomies was good fun so I vote we do it again. We should also let little kids know that Wiggles is coming well before we get there. Having said that, the responses we got back from them after we waved were absolutely priceless; that was the kind of moment my vlogging would have been perfect for.

What about the week after sweetie?

I'm ashamed at how long it took me to work out who 'Wiggles' was. Couple of days I think.

I also get called BW and other obscure names depending on who's online.

And Duck is chilledice and Sweetie is Landyjon. and Josh is crazyjoyce.
What about the week after sweetie?

So far, I've no extra shifts so it's the usual Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. I thought you weren't available then?
Reply 792
So far, I've no extra shifts so it's the usual Wednesday, Friday and Saturday evenings. I thought you weren't available then?

I can re-arrange for the monday to thursday having spoken to charly, and just do the things i'm meant to do the week before.

Meet up: awaiting on boris and lantana what about the 8th 9th or 11th august.

riderz
oi you

Group meet up in august on the 8th, 9th or 11th august, so you can't say we didn't invite you

Josh... i'm thick can you explain to me the difference between two stroke and 4 stroke bikes. love you :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
too many customers at work! How dare they call a call centre..
Reply 794
Original post by Chilledice

Awww, enjoy work, i'm going to play on my bike to charlys, then we're both heading to billericay. :biggrin:
Awww, enjoy work, i'm going to play on my bike to charlys, then we're both heading to billericay. :biggrin:

Well I'm going to speak to old ladies!
Reply 796
Well I'm going to speak to old ladies!

I don't have to speak to charly. And she gave me a tent :biggrin: I love my charly :biggrin:
I can re-arrange for the monday to thursday having spoken to charly, and just do the things i'm meant to do the week before.

Meet up: awaiting on boris and lantana what about the 8th 9th or 11th august.

Sweet. Will do any of those.

That's just rude.
Reply 798
We should also let little kids know that Wiggles is coming well before we get there. Having said that, the responses we got back from them after we waved were absolutely priceless; that was the kind of moment my vlogging would have been perfect for.

I wasn't even reving it. And you lot should always wave at small children, it makes them smile.
Oh man last night was FUN. I found the New Forest Bike Night, talked to people, then went and played in the New Forest. Though there are some ****ing idiots on the roads at that time - I got overtaken (I was doing 50) in the New Forest by 7 bikers and a car. That's not only really dangerous in general, but the New Forest is full of wildlife that wanders into the road regularly - I had to stop three times for deer and once for a horse. The speed they were going, they wouldn't have stopped.

Latest

Trending

Trending