Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bathwiggle
x x x

The hot chocolate is AMAZING! Sooo tasty. Thank you very much :biggrin:

crazyjoyce

Lantana

Boristhethird

omicronlyrae

Genuine pleasure meeting you all today. I think we should consider making it a bit more regular.
Reply 1181
Original post by Chilledice
why did no one tell me how bad my jacket smelt? :frown:

They were too busy laughing at the ugly bike :sadnod:
Original post by Juno
They were too busy laughing at the ugly bike :sadnod:

quite possibly.
Reply 1183

quite possibly.

Hehe you're the smelly man on the ugly bike!
Original post by LandyJon
The hot chocolate is AMAZING! Sooo tasty. Thank you very much :biggrin:

Told you :tongue:

Essex air ambulance run 11th september, i've not decided if we're doing the boring route, or if i'll find a fun version to get us to harwich

Cos i didn't get close enough to smell it?
Reply 1185
her: next ride out josh can take you if i haven't got my pegs done :biggrin:
me: yay!
does he have an ugly bike
her: he has a ninja

ninja :emog:

I only smell wiggles clothes :lol:

You like Tabitha?

Genuine pleasure meeting you all today. I think we should consider making it a bit more regular.

Shame I'm several hundred miles away most of the year

xx

You home now?
Reply 1187
Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana
You like Tabitha?

I like the shiny blue colour :smile:

And Wiggles has gone to bed coz she's boring
Original post by Juno
I like the shiny blue colour :smile:

And Wiggles has gone to bed coz she's boring

1. How do you know?
2. We tired her out :teehee:
3. She has done 4-500miles today
Reply 1189
Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana
1. How do you know?

"i'm gonna have to head to bed
i'm exhausted"

secretly, means boring :smile:

Because nobody noticed?
Original post by Juno
"i'm gonna have to head to bed
i'm exhausted"

secretly, means boring :smile:

I thought you were going to say something more exciting like 'I'm stalking her' :frown:
Reply 1192
Original post by Lantana

Original post by Lantana
I thought you were going to say something more exciting like 'I'm stalking her' :frown:

Probably that too. But then I have a stalker too so it wouldn't be easy to hide
Original post by Lantana
1. How do you know?

It's you, you're a bad influence on me!

453 miles today. Made it to colchester about 10:30, have stopped for 30min at my parents for a hot chocolate to defrost.
It's you, you're a bad influence on me!

453 miles today. Made it to colchester about 10:30, have stopped for 30min at my parents for a hot chocolate to defrost.

:angel:
Original post by Lantana
:angel:

I'll believe you, thousands wouldn't! :love:
Right, explain this one to me folks.

I filled up three times yesterday; the first tank got me to Solstice (did 120 odd miles at an average of 80mph or so, didn't hit reserve), second tank did 140 (this was the tankful we did our ride on. Again, didn't hit reserve) but my third tank only did 119 miles before hitting reserve (average again of about 85mph). Bear in mind, when I went up to Wales, I did 155 miles before having to fill up and that was at the same sort of speeds.
Right, explain this one to me folks.

I filled up three times yesterday; the first tank got me to Solstice (did 120 odd miles at an average of 80mph or so, didn't hit reserve), second tank did 140 (this was the tankful we did our ride on. Again, didn't hit reserve) but my third tank only did 119 miles before hitting reserve (average again of about 85mph). Bear in mind, when I went up to Wales, I did 155 miles before having to fill up and that was at the same sort of speeds.

So first one, constant speed, very little braking and accelerating?

Second, sedate pace at a lower speed, very little heavy accelerating.

Third, caning it home, once i start hitting 85+ my mpg hits the floor. Althouh 119 miles is dire, only get that when doing just in town riding.

I did 130 miles to 10 litres before filling up, but kept fighting to keep it below a ton.

Wales was far smoother riding, as we didn't have traffic.

oh and dee's bike (i can't find any other pics at the moment.)

(edited 12 years ago)
Looks at pics...

Is jealous of what looks like good fun...

Up for a meet mid/late sep which is good for uni/work people and not good for college people...

Also, had my first experience of motorbikes today when the "Shuttle bus" from here to town turned out to be 2 motorbikes but we were too lazy to walk and too rude to turn down the free ride... I have never been so terrfied in my life as this moment. WEaring flip flops, swimming shorts and a tshirt as well as a tiny helmet which looked like a baseball cap but happened to be solid...

This guy launches off the pavement and instantly starts flying down the middle of the road at full pelt. The entire ride was only about 2 minutes but involved almost being t-boned by a large car and crushed to death between an oncoming truck and a bus we were overtaking... Epic lean angles from this guy on every corner and i somehow survived to the end. Getting my stupidly jazzy suit made now though so will look like Clarkson from that episode of Topgear tomorrow afternoon...
So first one, constant speed, very little braking and accelerating?

Second, sedate pace at a lower speed, very little heavy accelerating.

Third, caning it home, once i start hitting 85+ my mpg hits the floor. Althouh 119 miles is dire, only get that when doing just in town riding.

I did 130 miles to 10 litres before filling up, but kept fighting to keep it below a ton.

Wales was far smoother riding, as we didn't have traffic.

oh and dee's bike (i can't find any other pics at the moment.)

Thing is though, journey 1 and 3 were exactly the same route done at pretty much the same speeds so I'm stumped as to how I manage to lose 20 odd miles in a tank.

I have no idea which BMW that is so as a guess, I'm going to say the R1200R. How come you didn't fancy the marigolds and 1940s dress up?

Latest

Trending

Trending