The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Now I have to hope the paints hard enough to resist the insects... If not I'm going to have some well ingrained bug splats as a permanent feature on the bike! :sadnod:
Original post by The Bagel Guy
That's not properly dirty! Put some effort in :biggrin:

Spoiler

I didn't even force her to!
Now I have to hope the paints hard enough to resist the insects... If not I'm going to have some well ingrained bug splats as a permanent feature on the bike! :sadnod:

that most of my bike :biggrin:
Hein Gericke sales = A dream come true!

New helmet, jacket, trousers (Or Krafty Pants?) and boots :smile:

Got a nice new leather jacket for £90 cause it had the wrong sale sticker on but the guy said he didn't mind cause it was the last on the rack :biggrin:

Has anyone ever had a sales assistant help them with checking the fitting of a helmet? The guy there was brilliant :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
If you see a pretty girl, dont wolf whistle at her. Just crash on your bike near her and hope for sympathy :lol:
Original post by LandyJon
If you see a pretty girl, dont wolf whistle at her. Just crash on your bike near her and hope for sympathy :lol:

Would it work if we pulled up, took our lid off then lay on the floor? I don't wanna scratch the paint...

please tell me you didn't do this. I have seen it happen though.
Would it work if we pulled up, took our lid off then lay on the floor? I don't wanna scratch the paint...

Probably but I was thinking of actually crashing for maximum effect.

Original post by Bathwiggle
please tell me you didn't do this. I have seen it happen though.

Noooooo. Don't worry. Saw it on the SV forum and found it funny.

I did however help with the apprehension of an illegal rider today :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)

That's tactics for you! If you can afford to keep the bikes coming you'll be a babe magnet! :biggrin:

What happened?
That's tactics for you! If you can afford to keep the bikes coming you'll be a babe magnet! :biggrin:

What happened?

I'll get a rat bike and chuck that down the road each time. No way the SV's going the same way! :redface:

I was out vlogging today and I saw a kid on a KTM with no number plate. Decided to follow him and get some video as he was riding like an utter penis. A Police car was at a junction so I started pointing towards the kid and told them it had no numberplate. They went ahead, pulled him over and I would asumme, confiscated his ****ty, tinny, little two stroke.

I thought the video was gunna show this guy getting pulled! Who's going to go on the protest then?

EDIT: Just to clarify... Are they planning on bringing in legislation to say that all servicing down to oil and filter has to be professionally done? They could never bring the loggers in, it'd be spying surely?

Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't target us, there's a lot more dangerous drivers than riders and a lot more potential for dangerous drivers to do serious damage.
(edited 12 years ago)

Noooooo. Don't worry. Saw it on the SV forum and found it funny.

Phew,, wouldn't want you eyeing up other women. Where on the sv forum. Lantana is a little bit dirty...
I thought the video was gunna show this guy getting pulled! Who's going to go on the protest then?

EDIT: Just to clarify... Are they planning on bringing in legislation to say that all servicing down to oil and filter has to be professionally done? They could never bring the loggers in, it'd be spying surely?

Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't target us, there's a lot more dangerous drivers than riders and a lot more potential for dangerous drivers to do serious damage.

Although I've got the right to film in a public place, I've got incriminating evidence so I'm keeping it quiet.

I definitely will be and we've just got our own MAG branch in Plymouth so I think I might become a member. It seems that the majority of people in our group are 30+ years old so I reckon it would be good to represent the younger generation.

I believe the current request is to have all servicing done by the manufacturer, rather than a professional service or yourself. Really don't see the point in this one.

The bit that annoys me most though is the banning of older vehicles in urban areas. I think that's the most ridiculous proposition of the lot.

Original post by Bathwiggle
Phew,, wouldn't want you eyeing up other women. Where on the sv forum. Lantana is a little bit dirty...

:lol: It was in one of the member's signatures.

This popped up in my feed on Youtube

(edited 12 years ago)

I didn't think they were banning them? Thought it was just main population centres, so big cities like London cause of pollution?

I'm no fan of any of it, apart from the headlights, mine are permanently on anyway.

The datalogger should be put in all road going vehicles or none if I'm honest. Or is that what would happen?
I didn't think they were banning them? Thought it was just main population centres, so big cities like London cause of pollution?

The datalogger should be put in all road going vehicles or none if I'm honest. Or is that what would happen?

Yep, that's how it seems to be worded in pretty much everything I've read. I don't know the extent of the possible ban but I could probably guarantee that I wouldn't be able to get into Plymouth.

Policing and maintaining half this **** would be nigh on impossible.

Not a clue regarding loggers in other vehicles.
It's all a load of crap tbh, bikers have got this far without all this **** why do we need it now?
I'll get a rat bike and chuck that down the road each time. No way the SV's going the same way! :redface:

I was out vlogging today and I saw a kid on a KTM with no number plate. Decided to follow him and get some video as he was riding like an utter penis. A Police car was at a junction so I started pointing towards the kid and told them it had no numberplate. They went ahead, pulled him over and I would asumme, confiscated his ****ty, tinny, little two stroke.

Hey all, long time no post!

Have to say I disagree about fluorescent jackets, honestly I think they work but I wear one out of personal preference. ABS - I can't see why all new bikes shouldn't have them, most of the time it doesn't kick in until that time you need it, my cbf has never activated ABS but there we go. I'm sure many will say "well I've never had a problem without it, I've rode for yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaarrrssss without it" or something equally dinosaurish which is fair enough. However if it only kicks in when needed I can't see a problem.

Have to agree with you about old bikes not being allowed in built up areas, are they going to ban old cars too? I've seen 2 year old bikes in much worse condition than some >10 year old bikes. And a biker black box - utterly pathetic. Brilliant idea if someone gets points on their licence for speeding / wheelying as a way of proving they have changed their ways, but definitely not as a preventative measure.

My worst fear is banning filtering, I would die inside if that happened.
Hey all got a little question to ask basically I'm getting bored of riding around the city or places that I know and as I have some free time before uni starts fancy riding out further afield.

One problem no sat nav or anything like that.. got a tank bag that I could use though.. how do you find your way around without getting completly lost ?
Original post by Smilingsam
Hey all got a little question to ask basically I'm getting bored of riding around the city or places that I know and as I have some free time before uni starts fancy riding out further afield.

One problem no sat nav or anything like that.. got a tank bag that I could use though.. how do you find your way around without getting completly lost ?

Satnav, a roadmap or my personal favourite... Find another biker who knows? We could always come and find you and show you where to go? :biggrin:
Original post by laser3000
Hey all, long time no post!

Have to say I disagree about fluorescent jackets, honestly I think they work but I wear one out of personal preference. ABS - I can't see why all new bikes shouldn't have them, most of the time it doesn't kick in until that time you need it, my cbf has never activated ABS but there we go. I'm sure many will say "well I've never had a problem without it, I've rode for yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeaaaaarrrssss without it" or something equally dinosaurish which is fair enough. However if it only kicks in when needed I can't see a problem.

Have to agree with you about old bikes not being allowed in built up areas, are they going to ban old cars too? I've seen 2 year old bikes in much worse condition than some >10 year old bikes. And a biker black box - utterly pathetic. Brilliant idea if someone gets points on their licence for speeding / wheelying as a way of proving they have changed their ways, but definitely not as a preventative measure.

My worst fear is banning filtering, I would die inside if that happened.

The biggest issue is taking away our choice, they want to stop us changing bikes from stock, that includes if your bike comes with bt21's you can only put bt21's on the bike. Changing the light bulb to be brighter - nope can;t do that.

Original post by Smilingsam

Where abouts are you? I have a little map thats tank bag sized, you can get it here http://www.thebestrides.co.uk/ or http://www.bestbikingroads.com/motorcycle-roads/motorbike-rides-in-united-kingdom-/united-kingdom-__134.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4683276.stm

If i go out without the map, once i've had enough i aim for the nearest big road and head south til i hit the M25 or aim for a big town i recognise.

Latest

Trending

Trending