The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by sontai
Hi, i have also applied to do pg dip in adult nursing. i applied to kingston but havnt heard from them yet. i havnt heardn aything from middlesex or city yet either!! i recieved an email fom bucks today saying i have been invited for an interview in march! im so nervous! im not a shy person but get really nervous at interviews! lol. i am also thinking of going to the student experience day on the 3rd of march. do you or anyone here know what kind of maths test it will be and what the interview will be like? good luck with everything! :smile:

Hey im applying for pgdip in mental health nursing!
I have been made an offer from kingston following an interview in early january! I was really suprised how quickly they got back to me (was interview on the friday and called on the monday with an offer). My interview is on march 7th for Bucks Just been emailed about it now! That is my favourite uni that I've been to so far!
I also have an interview for university of West London next friday!
I'm also attending the applicant day on 3rd of march (well hopefully ~ I just emailed askign to book on it) xx
Reply 1581
Original post by jadey21
Hiya, I had my northumbria interview on Friday and the staff are lovely! It was really relaxed and they put you at ease, nice day actually :smile: good luck!!

:smile:

hey..thanks. what happened at it and approx how long does it last??
Reply 1582
Original post by sontai
Hi guys, i've just read your threads. I also applied to bucks new uni but for adult nursing. my interview is in march and i am already really nervous! lol..how did your interview go? what was the tests like and what kind of questions did they ask in the interview? any help will be really appreciated! thanks and good luck! :smile:

hey, i didnt go to the interview, as it was short notice and I could not arrange child care. But I was given a new date for the interview in March too, the 29th, how about you? I know another girl from here, I think Jesse-dee, who went to the interview. I am sure she will be able to help you. You can also practise the maths test on move on or bbc skills wise. I am so very nervous too, although I have about 2 months time to prepare.
Reply 1583
Original post by janbal

Original post by janbal
hey, i didnt go to the interview, as it was short notice and I could not arrange child care. But I was given a new date for the interview in March too, the 29th, how about you? I know another girl from here, I think Jesse-dee, who went to the interview. I am sure she will be able to help you. You can also practise the maths test on move on or bbc skills wise. I am so very nervous too, although I have about 2 months time to prepare.

hey, my interview is on march 7th..i just visited the bbc skills website, seems quite helpful so thanks for that! x
Reply 1584
Original post by Emmense

Original post by Emmense
Hey im applying for pgdip in mental health nursing!
I have been made an offer from kingston following an interview in early january! I was really suprised how quickly they got back to me (was interview on the friday and called on the monday with an offer). My interview is on march 7th for Bucks Just been emailed about it now! That is my favourite uni that I've been to so far!
I also have an interview for university of West London next friday!
I'm also attending the applicant day on 3rd of march (well hopefully ~ I just emailed askign to book on it) xx

hi, my interview is also on march the 7th! im nervous just thinking about it! how was the kingston interview? what kind of q's did they ask and how was the tests? x
Original post by Emmense
Hey I think I may be going to that too! I have however just been invited to an interview on 7th March!
Have you had an interview there ?
It's my favourite university!
So worried as I'm applying for a postgraduate diploma I have to do an extended CV and it seems so complicated! Where else have you applied? x

I had an interview last week. (With less than 2 days notice) I've applied to Kingston and UWL. I'm not doing pgd though so not sure if the interview process is different. But it was really chilled, I was so nervous as it was my first choice and had no prep time but they really try and loosen you up before they send you into the interview. Such lovely staff :smile:
Original post by sontai
Hi, i have also applied to do pg dip in adult nursing. i applied to kingston but havnt heard from them yet. i havnt heardn aything from middlesex or city yet either!! i recieved an email fom bucks today saying i have been invited for an interview in march! im so nervous! im not a shy person but get really nervous at interviews! lol. i am also thinking of going to the student experience day on the 3rd of march. do you or anyone here know what kind of maths test it will be and what the interview will be like? good luck with everything! :smile:

do not worry about the math test. You get given a help sheet to look at during the test so even if you are rubbish at maths, every question can be applied to one of the examples in the help sheet.
Original post by emmieaston
Yes and mine, im predicted ABD and their asking for 240 points? i dont understandd! xx

Email the admissions office with your ucas number and course code and ask them why they rejected your application, they will send you a letter back :smile: xx
i've just got a conditional offer from Manchester Uni for Children's nursing soooooo Happy!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1589
Original post by Skinroll
I got a conditional offer from Surrey for Childrens Nursing this afternoon - 2 offers in one day :biggrin:

The interview is fine, they were really relaxed and friendly. The literacy was a couple of short questions, one long one and correcting errors in a letter.

Good luck

Thanks Skinroll :smile: did they give you a few health topics to choose from or could you write about any?

thanks for the advise v.helpful :smile:
Original post by Lydia7288
That's good, I wouldn't worry about the assessment. It's quite simple tbh. x

aw thanks xx i'm gonna brush up on my fractions just incase. i hate maths xx
anyone got offers from huddersfield or bradfordd?? some of my friends who are applying for different courses at hudds and hav got conditionals hav been invited to applicant days!!!
Reply 1592
Original post by emmieaston
Yes and mine, im predicted ABD and their asking for 240 points? i dont understandd! xx

LJMU rejected me pre-interview also, and I got the predicted grades! I e-mailed them and they told me 'because I don't have the grades' even though I did.
I think they just had better offers.
Original post by emmacymru
Has anyone here applied for Mental Health nursing? Got two interviews this week, want to know what to expect :smile: thanks guys! xx

Hey, I've applied for mental health nursing too! :smile: where have you applied? x
Original post by JAM1994
I have an interview at Bourenmouth on Weds 1st! Anyone got any advice or what to expect??? Thanks =D

I have an interview on the 7th and I've never felt so nervous about anything! Would you be able to let me know how it goes please and what the group activity and interview is like? hope it goes well for you, good luck! x
Has anyone had their selection day at UWE yet? If they have, what do you do in the day? It says a group activity, but what is that? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Lauren-Maree
I've not heard anything back yetbut I'm September 2012 intake so I might not hear from them for a while, are you April intake?
Hope it all goes well for you! Keep me informed :') xxx

Hiya, yeah im september intake too :smile: - they said 2 week its been 2 weeks tomz .. what did they say to you? im so nervous!! xxxx
Reply 1597
Original post by CMarie
Thanks Skinroll :smile: did they give you a few health topics to choose from or could you write about any?

thanks for the advise v.helpful :smile:

No choice, they gave a slightly controversial statement and you had to discuss it in a short essay.
Reply 1598
Heya everyone, i have an interview for nursing at the University of Liverpool and i was just wondering if anyone has had an interview here yet?
Thanks =)
Has anyone had an interview for uclan adult nursing? had one 2 week ago tomorrow ( wednesday ) they said theyd get back to me in 2 weeks and still havent heard anything :frown: how long did yours take? xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending