The Student Room Group

AQA PHED 3 24/06/11 Revision thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i think therell probs be group success or leadership cause they werent in last years paper or the specimen paper...
Original post by kirstyy123
i think therell probs be group success or leadership cause they werent in last years paper or the specimen paper...

i think i know you :smile:
hhaa xx
Reply 42
yeah epoc would be an alright one
just had a few hours of one to one with my teachers and talking about the exam, aggression is a biggie that hasn't come up and also you could link in hooliganism, violence and deviance in for a nice 14marker which i would love
i don't like OBLA and lactate threshold side of energy systems
also drugs could be one for a section A 14marker in conjunction with an energy systems one

as far as section C is concerned rational recreation and pre industrialisation you could link for one and theres always one on olympics my teacher thinks

aslo mechanics has yet to come up on a paper and its new to this spec so chances are it will come up i think.

Whats Self efficacy again? haha
Reply 43
Original post by chris gann
SLIDING FILAMENT THEORY…

1) Tropomyosin on Actin filament (thin) blocks access to the Actin-Myosin binding site
2) Sarcoplasmic Reticulum releases Ca2+ ions
3) Troponin (high affinity for Ca2+ ions) binds to the Ca2+, which pulls Tropomyosin away; exposing binding site
4) Myosin binds to Actin forming an Actin-Myosin complex
5) Power Stroke; cross-bridge pulls Actin towards M line
6) ATP is hydrolysed on cross-bridge; energy released breaks cross-bridge. Myosin reattaches to Actin
7) H zone narrows
8) Z lines are closer together

M line??? i do biology aswell and i've never heard of a m-line where is it in relation to sliding filament theory :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by *meme*

Original post by *meme*
yeah epoc would be an alright one
just had a few hours of one to one with my teachers and talking about the exam, aggression is a biggie that hasn't come up and also you could link in hooliganism, violence and deviance in for a nice 14marker which i would love
i don't like OBLA and lactate threshold side of energy systems
also drugs could be one for a section A 14marker in conjunction with an energy systems one

as far as section C is concerned rational recreation and pre industrialisation you could link for one and theres always one on olympics my teacher thinks

aslo mechanics has yet to come up on a paper and its new to this spec so chances are it will come up i think.

Whats Self efficacy again? haha

Self efficacy is situation-specific self confidence and your belief in your ability to cope :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by *meme*
M line??? i do biology aswell and i've never heard of a m-line where is it in relation to sliding filament theory :smile:

it's the in the middle of the h zone (where actin in not present)

this image shows it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:s-smilie:arcomere.svg
Reply 46

They're easy too :P
Reply 47
Original post by chris gann
it's the in the middle of the h zone (where actin in not present)

this image shows it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:s-smilie:arcomere.svg

ahhh right cheers, i know what it is i just didn't know there was a name for it as its not in the nelson thornes books :smile:
Anybody know the overall marks you need for each grade? For all other sections put together I have 198 UMS marks. What do I need to get for a C and the same for a B?

Have had a google and cant find it, thanks.
Reply 49
should find it all here
Reply 50
Original post by psychhelpp!
Anybody know the overall marks you need for each grade? For all other sections put together I have 198 UMS marks. What do I need to get for a C and the same for a B?

Have had a google and cant find it, thanks.

Forgot to quote you, see above post! :smile:
Ok so from that I need 42 UMS marks, 198 + 42 = 240. How many marks is 42 UMS marks, or is that in standard marks?

Stupid questions I know, my bad :smile:
Reply 52
ino they are easy but im struggling to get the marks for leadership and self confidence questions

any help?

also i have a pdf doc with some aqa questions that are quite good that i can put up here if anyone can tell me how to?
Reply 53
Original post by *meme*
ino they are easy but im struggling to get the marks for leadership and self confidence questions

any help?

also i have a pdf doc with some aqa questions that are quite good that i can put up here if anyone can tell me how to?

Leadership:

Just remember the characteristics of what makes a good leader (Good communication, motivation, charisma, good organisation, good decision making, empathy etc.)

And the types of leader (prescribed/emergent)

And the leadership styles (Autocratic, democratic and laissez faire)

Self Confidence:

I remember the definition by remembering 3 key words: BELIEF ABILITY SUCCEED (BAS!)

This turns into: self confidence is your belief in your ability to succeed

And the 4 different things that give you self efficacy: Performance accomplishments, Vicarious Experience, Verbal Persuasion and Emotional Arousal.

I remember these by the 4 saying: "I've done this before"(Performance accomplishments) "If you can do it, so can I"(Vicarious experience) "Go on, you can do it!"(Verbal persuasion) and "This feels good!"(Emotional Arousal)

To improve self-efficacy (situational self-confidence) you can improve/do any of the above four i.e. get positive external feedback, manipulate performance so a win is inevitable, enjoy the feelings of arousal (reversal theory) and watch someone of similar ability suceed.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 54
So theres two exams to look at? What came up as the 14 markers in the recent spec or is thats been said what about June 10?
Reply 55
Original post by AmiB
Leadership:

Just remember the characteristics of what makes a good leader (Good communication, motivation, charisma, good organisation, good decision making, empathy etc.)

And the types of leader (prescribed/emergent)

And the leadership styles (Autocratic, democratic and laissez faire)

Self Confidence:

I remember the definition by remembering 3 key words: BELIEF ABILITY SUCCEED (BAS!)

This turns into: self confidence is your belief in your ability to succeed

And the 4 different things that give you self efficacy: Performance accomplishments, Vicarious Experience, Verbal Persuasion and Emotional Arousal.

I remember these by the 4 saying: "I've done this before"(Performance accomplishments) "If you can do it, so can I"(Vicarious experience) "Go on, you can do it!"(Verbal persuasion) and "This feels good!"(Emotional Arousal)

To improve self-efficacy (situational self-confidence) you can improve/do any of the above four i.e. get positive external feedback, manipulate performance so a win is inevitable, enjoy the feelings of arousal (reversal theory) and watch someone of similar ability suceed.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you What about Chelladurai the book blabs for ages on it do i need to know everything?
Reply 56
Todays the day, good luck guys :smile: x
Reply 57
Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 58
How was it for you all then? :biggrin:
Reply 59
Went really well I think :smile: Banded questions could have been better but I still managed to answer them well enough :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending