The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Mobile Phone Service Providers

So, which service providers would you recommend at the Manchester area? Good network, clear, great value etc.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Am interested in this as well, especially pay-go plans. I've got an old blackberry that's got the SIM unlocked, though it's 2G only...I might try to use that if I can since I'm over only for the fall term.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
I would assume most work well, it should be well serviced by masts and stuff.

Just stay away from 3... everyone knows how **** 3 are

I'd definately say Orange or O2 for overall coverage
Reply 3
i'd dissagree with the above, im on a three contract and have the best signal in town out of all my friends and by far the fastest internet

if your going to be going into very rural areas yeah you might have some trouble but three have been fantastic for me!
Reply 4
I can't speak for all phone networks but I've been on tmobile and o2 and they're both pretty good outside in Manchester area, but the signal suffers a lot in uni buildings
Reply 5
I was thinking about going with 3. I don't know much about the service there but from the little research I've done they're the only provider with unlimited data.
Original post by ddukatz
I was thinking about going with 3. I don't know much about the service there but from the little research I've done they're the only provider with unlimited data.

WRONG!

The answer is GiffGaff, their website can be found at here.

It offers unlimited texting at £5, unlimited internet, texting and 250 minutes at £10.

Or you could go for PAYG option where it is one of cheapest providers in UK.

Signal is good as they use O2 network.
Reply 7
Hmmm.....never heard of them. I'll check it out.
Reply 8
Ah totally forgot about GiffGaff, totally am going with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending