The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Substitute Personal Statement Deadline question?

Durham originally says on the website that you need to submit the substitute ps within 3 days of your application getting acknowledged, however yesterday I called through their phone service and got told that the deadline doesn’t matter- send whenever.

Does this mean that even if I send it 1-2 weeks later, Durham wouldn’t have already viewed my application by then, looked at my original ps and automatically rejected me due to an unsuitable og ps? How would they know I was meant to provide an alternative personal statement?
bumpppp
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous
Durham originally says on the website that you need to submit the substitute ps within 3 days of your application getting acknowledged, however yesterday I called through their phone service and got told that the deadline doesn’t matter- send whenever.

Does this mean that even if I send it 1-2 weeks later, Durham wouldn’t have already viewed my application by then, looked at my original ps and automatically rejected me due to an unsuitable og ps? How would they know I was meant to provide an alternative personal statement?

They wouldn't, it's dependant on you sending it through before they review your application.

The person on the phone was just saying there's no hard deadline after which they disregard a substitute PS. So long as it's with them by at the point at which they review the app, they consider it.

Quick Reply

Latest