The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well when you drop something in water, the best thing to do is to not to try and turn it on again until it is completely dry again...but you've already tried so forget that! Best thing is to put it near a radiator and leave it there for a day or two...then try again. I knocked my shaver off the shelf into the bath a few weeks ago but let it completely dry out and it still works fine. Good luck!
Reply 2
omfg this reminds me of 9 years ok when we were on the plane coming back from Turkey right - yeah, and my lil brother had got a fez hat from a Turkish market and it fell off in plane toilet and my mum had to pick it out and put it in a bag to wash it hahahahaha. it were minging and my brother cried so so much.
Reply 3
Well it is still ringing. Ringing wet. :biggrin:
The same thing happened to me, Except my phone fell in a pond. I opened it up, used a hair drier to dry it out and then it worked perfectly.
Just ring out all the water and it should be fine.
Reply 6
Godsize
The same thing happened to me, Except my phone fell in a pond. I opened it up, used a hair drier to dry it out and then it worked perfectly.
:frown: sadly iv tryed to hair dryer but not for long when i 1st took it out well iv put it in a tail and put in ner a radiater hopfully that works what do u think ? :confused:
Reply 7
Oh the dodgy puns are killing me! haha!
Put it in the airing cupboard for a few days. I spilt nail varnish over mine and it's gone a bit funny...screen is all patchy and looks weird...and the cover has disintegrated a bit...but it still works for texting! So I'm happy! :biggrin:
Reply 9
The thing is my dad dont no about my phone so im trying to hind it from him :frown:
Reply 10
I dropped my phone in my drink :redface: take it apart - i.e take the battery out etc, and leave it somewhere warm like the airing cupboard overnight :smile:
Reply 11
Hmm make sure you dry it out quickly - leave it in a very warm dry place such as an airing cupboard. If water gets into your phone the minerals in it can dissolve the bits behind your keypad, making it unusable and unable to be fixed. At least, this is what I was told when I got my phone damp in the rain years ago and the keypad stopped working. Grr.

Cxx
Reply 12
need more people to help me out here im scared :frown:
Reply 13
LiL_Sammy
need more people to help me out here im scared :frown:

Dont worry :smile: i was scared when i dropped mine in my drink - it went all crazy and wouldnt turn on :eek:

But i took it apart and left it overnight and the next day to dry out, and it works now :biggrin:
Reply 14
B_e_x
Dont worry :smile: i was scared when i dropped mine in my drink - it went all crazy and wouldnt turn on :eek:

But i took it apart and left it overnight and the next day to dry out, and it works now :biggrin:
but my keypad dont work :s-smilie: is that bad ?
See here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/t172853.html

You need to take the battery out, wash the phone out with distilled water and then leave it to dry out properly for a week.
LiL_Sammy
but my keypad dont work :s-smilie: is that bad ?

Did you open your phone and dry it out with a hairdryer?
Reply 17
put more water in it :eek: omg :confused: i won't trust that :eek:
LiL_Sammy
put more water in it :eek: omg :confused: i won't trust that :eek:

Dont put more water in for gods sakes, just do what I said and It will work.
Reply 19
B_e_x

My Friend did the same thing.. Got drunk and dropped her phone into her drink.. Although hers didnt work after that. But it is dependet aot on models I suppose. Definately leave it to dry.. Airing cupboards or maybe under a lamp to dry it out.

Latest