The Student Room Group

going to gigs on my own..

Scroll to see replies

Some of my best concert experiences and cinema experiences have been when I've gone alone. I haven't been by myself for a long time now though and not really in the mood to do so any longer.

Intimate, small concerts are actually perfect when you're on your own. Not sure I'd want to go to a massive stadium concert on my own though.
get a bit drunk, and stand with people who are drunk - theyre often the friendliest! And always the most fun
Original post by JCC-MGS
Tempa T is better than all of those but I hardly ever listen to Tempa T.

I think not. Tempa T is dismal and unfortunately I've just seen you're a 17 year old kid who probably spends his saturday nights playing COD and this conversation ends here.
I won tickets to a small festival last weekend and went on my own. For a few hours it was pretty lonely, but once Frank Turner came on i couldn't care less. In fact, i preferred being on my own at that point, not having to worry about losing your group or acting a bit too embarrassing...aha. I'd do it again.
Why does this question come up so ****ing often?

If you want to go to a gig but have no one to go with, who gives a ****?

Man. Some people are pathetic.
Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
I think not. Tempa T is dismal and unfortunately I've just seen you're a 17 year old kid who probably spends his saturday nights playing COD and this conversation ends here.

Excellent work detective.
Original post by katemp
none of my friends like the same music as me, and i always chicken out of going to see bands alone and then regret it afterwards!

I'm pretty sure i'll be seeing a load of bands alone at leeds festival this summer. Sigh.

leeds leeds leeds!!!
Reply 27
Original post by burgergetsbored
leeds leeds leeds!!!

YAAAAY :biggrin: I cannot wait
Reply 28
It's hard talking to people once you're in but not in the queue. Just do it..
I've done it. I guess it helped it was a 5 minute walk. I guess that is the worst part travelling. But it's fine. Have a couple of drinks if you think it helps. I wouldn't like going to seated gigs on my own though. But the time i went i ended up talking to a few people and it was quite nice. Would have maybe preferred someone there, but it was kinda nice to have no one there distracting you from the music. Just you and the music :smile: Depends what sort of performance it is though.
Reply 30
Do it! Once the music starts playing you'll enjoy it. :smile:

Besides, there's a law that says drunk people make friends.
(edited 12 years ago)
Go on your own

Why miss out yourself because some other ****er won't go with you

I go to gigs on my own all the time. I ALWAYS get chatting to other people in the queue! Remember they're there for the same thing... so you automatically have something in common.
Reply 32
I went to see Epica in March on my own and had a great time. Just ended up chatting to people next to me in the queue and in the intervals, it's not a big deal, there are always other people alone at concerts usually anyways (well depending on who you are going to see I suppose) so you don't look like a loner. And even if you do, who cares? Don't miss out on a gig just cause of that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending