The Student Room Group

How to cope with going from reasonably popular to hated/no friends?

Long story short: Very bad complex breakup (wont bother going into it, not strictly relevant) has resulted in my gf running off with (in some cases sleeping with) all my friends and turning them against me. So i sit at home over summer whilst they go out clubbing, down to the pubs, have BBQs, meet up 2-3 times a week etc etc.

I'm going to uni in October, so i can make new friends there, but im wondering how i'm supposed to cope with having a friend base of 10-15 people, going down to about 2-3 who i barely see cause of distance etc.

Also protip: Don't get a girlfriend from your friendship group, for christ sake.
Reply 1
you will get used to it after a few weeks thats always the risk when dating any girl we're all psycos lol
you can always make new friends
Original post by Anonymous
Long story short: Very bad complex breakup (wont bother going into it, not strictly relevant) has resulted in my gf running off with (in some cases sleeping with) all my friends and turning them against me. So i sit at home over summer whilst they go out clubbing, down to the pubs, have BBQs, meet up 2-3 times a week etc etc.

I'm going to uni in October, so i can make new friends there, but im wondering how i'm supposed to cope with having a friend base of 10-15 people, going down to about 2-3 who i barely see cause of distance etc.

Also protip: Don't get a girlfriend from your friendship group, for christ sake.

I went through something like this but from someone just being horrible and getting away with it because they were more popular, the key is you just have to have your own fun like what do you find fun doing? Do that, go out have your own fun, just because they aren't with you doesn't mean you can't have fun, do so yourself, trust me it gets easier and eventually you realise those who left you weren't genuine in the first place :smile:
Original post by LoveLoveLove16
trust me it gets easier and eventually you realise those who left you weren't genuine in the first place :smile:

I went through something similiar myself and i can second that, it'll get easier mate. If this experience taught me anything it's that if someone isn't 100% genuine, they can go do one, because i don't have the time or interest to be dealing with them.

You still have some friends, see them whenever possible and maybe try meet people through them etc. I'm guessing you have just done your A Levels as you're off to uni, if thats the case try getting back in touch with some people from your college?
Original post by Anonymous

ok I've come across this, its like a bunny boiler whose had their fill and wants to screw you over really badly.

Those so-called friends weren't your friends at all. She slept with them and they were willing...so much for bro code here eh? Makes you wonder what dirty tricks she used to pre-occupy their minds whilst she took them for fools.

oh well, get friends that dont want to sleep with your ex straight after she dumps you.

A chick tried to do this to a mate of mine, hsi friend group to be more precise. Not one of these guys slept with her and believe me, she was slutting around like a cat on heat. The only one that did shag her was this guy he was work mates with, from work (obviously)

That guy was a total sleazeball and desperate for anything and guess what, he aint even mentioned by my mate anymore except to say how pathetic he was/is.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending