The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough 2012 Freshers + FAQ/Info

Scroll to see replies

acknowledgement came exactly a week after ucas form sent off. I know its hard to be patient but try your best:smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
anyone know if the uni will be open during christmas break for a visit? :smile:
Original post by Superwoman
anyone know if the uni will be open during christmas break for a visit? :smile:

Some parts will be but not in a way that I'd think was really worth looking around. They run campus tours every Wednesday during term time which would give you a better chance to visit, see here :smile:
Reply 183
Applied for International Relations. Has anyone else?
(edited 12 years ago)
Offer for MEng civil engineering :smile:
Reply 185
Has anyone got an offer for chemistry?
Has anybody got any offers for Visual Communication yet?
Reply 187
Original post by winning11
yep history with IR

you going to the open day on the 14th december? :biggrin:

Im going to the visit day on wednesday :smile:
Original post by kiran145
Im going to the visit day on wednesday :smile:

cool! let me know how you find it, I'm not going (thought I missed it) anymore I'm ill :frown:
Original post by Pn94
Applied for International Relations. Has anyone else?

I have :smile: Have you got an offer?
Reply 190
Original post by mike22ramsey
I have :smile: Have you got an offer?

Nope, just an acknowledgement yesterday. Yourself?
Original post by Pn94
Nope, just an acknowledgement yesterday. Yourself?

Got an acknowledgement last Monday, wish they'd hurry up with a decision haha. Where else have you applied?
Reply 192
Original post by mike22ramsey
Got an acknowledgement last Monday, wish they'd hurry up with a decision haha. Where else have you applied?

I know the feeling mate. And Aston, Birmingham, Oxford Brookes and Liverpool (for International Politics and Policy). You?
ive been waiting since the 10th of november, andi stilll have no reply so relax people, they can take time sometimes
Reply 194
Got an offer for Accounting and Finance :biggrin:
Reply 195
Offer for electronic and electrical engineering :smile:
Reply 196
Can I have some opinions on this..

I got a conditional offer of DDM in the BTEC and grade B in one A-Level for engineering. The entry requirements on the website only require DDM but I chose to do the A-Level as well. Is it fair that they also require a grade B in that even though I meet the BTEC requirements? I'm doing the A-Level in one year so I feel this is a bit harsh when other can get in with just the BTEC. It might be fair what they are asking for, I just wanted opinions..:smile:
Original post by Crowbar
Can I have some opinions on this..

I got a conditional offer of DDM in the BTEC and grade B in one A-Level for engineering. The entry requirements on the website only require DDM but I chose to do the A-Level as well. Is it fair that they also require a grade B in that even though I meet the BTEC requirements? I'm doing the A-Level in one year so I feel this is a bit harsh when other can get in with just the BTEC. It might be fair what they are asking for, I just wanted opinions..:smile:

They can ignore what they say on the website if they want, and give any offers they like. I'm not hugely surprised, as it stops you simply ignoring the A level and getting an E grade or something.
Reply 198
Original post by Potally_Tissed
They can ignore what they say on the website if they want, and give any offers they like. I'm not hugely surprised, as it stops you simply ignoring the A level and getting an E grade or something.

What would happen if I got DDD or higher and a grade C though? It's not easy doing the A-Level in one year.
Original post by Crowbar
What would happen if I got DDD or higher and a grade C though? It's not easy doing the A-Level in one year.

Up to the uni. You would have missed the offer and they'd have no obligation to take you, though it's possible they would anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending