The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough 2012 Freshers + FAQ/Info

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
And the 2 minute walk to the union, 10-15 minute walk to Sainsburys.

Where you will be going at 8:30 in the morning. :wink:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 401
I was thinking of ither Rutland or Bakewell
Reply 402
I've applied for Banking, Management and Finance, is anyone else? :smile:

Im also attending the open day tomorrow!
I got an offer for Fine Art :smile: I'm almost definitely going there. Has anyone else got a Fine Art offer?
Reply 404
Original post by Becca-123
I've applied for Banking, Management and Finance, is anyone else? :smile:

Im also attending the open day tomorrow!

I am off there for Accounting and Finance! Quite similar courses, I thought the open day was pretty good for the business school if i'm honest.
Reply 405
Original post by sanjj
I am off there for Accounting and Finance! Quite similar courses, I thought the open day was pretty good for the business school if i'm honest.

I've applied for Business, Economics and Finance and went to the entry day on the 10th. Was that the same with accounting?
I have an offer for Maths which is AAB but i think Im going to end up with AAC; A in maths, A in FM and C in economics. I've noticed that they still have places on the maths course and they are likely to be under subscribed with the increase in tuition fees. So would anyone agree with me that I am likely to still get in with AAC???

I know someone will end up saying there is no point in speculating just try your hardest but I just want to know what my options are.....
Original post by ru7lan
I was thinking of ither Rutland or Bakewell

I am going for bakewell to if i get a choice
Reply 408
Original post by sanjj

Yeah I thought it was good too. Is loughborough your first choice?
Reply 409
Original post by scottb3scott
I am going for bakewell to if i get a choice

Ere a big difference between Rutland and bakewell? Since they seem rather similar, even the location is pretty much the same.
Original post by ru7lan
Ere a big difference between Rutland and bakewell? Since they seem rather similar, even the location is pretty much the same.

They're practically identical.
Reply 411
Yeah I thought it was good too. Is loughborough your first choice?

Yeah definitely is my first choice, everything looks superb there. Couldn't think of anything it is lacking!
What about yourself?
when can we start applying for accomodation?
Original post by master_blaster66
when can we start applying for accomodation?

May I think. Well, May if you have an unconditional offer, and either late May or early June if it's conditional. I think.
Reply 414
Original post by sanjj
Yeah definitely is my first choice, everything looks superb there. Couldn't think of anything it is lacking!
What about yourself?

I haven't decided yet, cant choose between Loughborough and Aston!

i was in the same dilemma, so i ended up choosing lufbra as my firm and aston as insurance :smile:

I was in the same situation when choosing a firm - but then I went to Loughborough and fell in love with the place. What swung it for me was the large green campus (Aston's small grey campus in a big city can become claustrophobic) and the fact that everyone looked genuinely happy when I walked around the place. I've never regretted my choice but know someone who went to Aston and left because it wasn't for them.
Reply 417

im in exactly same position as you atm! loved everything about loughbroough just wish it was in astons location. i could see myself loving lough for the first 2 years at a push and then after that i think i would need to get out of the 'bubble'. On the other hand astons campus is not that great, but its Birminghammmm! an exciting city lots to do and see ! and nightlife is supposed to be amazing!
Aston tbh is a slightly better course for me but both are very similar
Im still very confused, but good luck with your choice!
:biggrin:
Reply 418
Does anyone know anything about Telford Hall, thinking of applying for it, once you can apply for accommodation
Got a conditional offer from Loughborough in BEng Aeronautical Engineering... Although I'm stuck at picking a firm and insurance university to go to,
Can any of you guys give me some pros and cons of the university.

Much Appreciated!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending