The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough 2012 Freshers + FAQ/Info

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Naked and Famous
I get to apply for accommodation tomorrow, I would prefer it to be self catered, and I don't really mind if its ensuite or not as long as it's a reasonable size :smile: Would you recommend any?

Thank you!

Hey, how did you find out you're able to apply today? I was accepted on results day but I haven't had an email about accommodation..
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
How do I pay my room bond?
Reply 784
I was wondering where can I buy all the things I need for the kitchen in loughborough.

Does anyone know if the starter packs are any decent?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 785
Is anyone else in rutherford halls? or does anyone know much about it, is it a lively hall? lots going on?
Reply 786
I got my room through preference & paid the room bond on Friday.

Does anyone know how and when we have to pay the freshers fee & hall subs?

Original post by lizzxo
I got my room through preference & paid the room bond on Friday.

Does anyone know how and when we have to pay the freshers fee & hall subs?

You'll be able to do it when you get there :smile:
Original post by Potally_Tissed
You'll be able to do it when you get there :smile:

How much are them again??
Original post by hannahlw21
How much are them again??

It varies by hall. Somewhere in the region of £70.
Reply 790
How long does freshers last? Moving in on the 26th, and it says term starts on the 1st. Freshers surely can't only last 5 days can it? :confused:
Reply 791
Original post by NickA92
How long does freshers last? Moving in on the 26th, and it says term starts on the 1st. Freshers surely can't only last 5 days can it? :confused:

2 weeks.

Apparently those first lectures are only introductory lectures though, and the lecturers will know it's still fresher's week fortnight, :smile:.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by NickA92

About a week and a half. From whenever you get there until the freshers' ball which I believe will be Saturday 6th. The first week of term overlaps with the second half of freshers.
Reply 793
Original post by scottm
Doing IM & Computing in Harry French, any IM's in Harry French with me :3?

You would be better off looking for other Computer Science students, given that IM&C and IM&WD courses consist of about 30 students total but sit some of the key CS modules which have 200+ students.
Reply 794
Can anyone get on the freshers facebook group? Seems to have gone down for me
Original post by Razzer256
Can anyone get on the freshers facebook group? Seems to have gone down for me

It has disappeared :frown:
They've deleted it and left the official one i think :frown:
Can't even find an official general one at the moment!
im on the beng course for chemical engineering, but if i get 2.1, can i then transfer to the meng course?
Reply 799
Original post by master_blaster66
im on the beng course for chemical engineering, but if i get 2.1, can i then transfer to the meng course?

I was hoping the same thing since im also on the beng course. If you receive any new information then please tell me since im really interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending