The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Loughborough 2012 Freshers + FAQ/Info

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ms93
Thank you! Same to you if you are applying. Nope not yet :frown: If I get an offer then I'm going to visit it :smile:
Have you been?

I am a 3rd year (of 4) so just ask on this forum if you have any questions; there are loads of helpful current students on here :smile:

So in answer to your question yes I have been :biggrin: but like you I didn't visit until I had my offer.

I hope you will like it :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Reply 81
Original post by dudleyian
I am a 3rd year (of 4) so just ask on this forum if you have any questions; there are loads of helpful current students on here :smile:

So in answer to your question yes I have been :biggrin: but like you I didn't visit until I had my offer.

I hope you will like it :smile:

If you don't mind saying, what would you say is the best thing and worst thing about the university itself, and then the town as well :smile:
got an offer for history and english yay
Reply 83
how much of a chance do I have to get into loughborough uni, doing a sports science course. I am currently doin a btec exteneded diploma in sports development, fitness and coaching. i am expected DDD (distinction) will i be considered the same as the people with a levels? thanks
I'm a first year at Loughborough. Incredible place for sports and everything but social life consists of 99.9% clubbing and getting drunk. The majority of the people here are way too immature for me but I made some great friends. Studies are also incredibly easy - they go very slow with the material, it's about the same as A levels (at least for my course)

Overall, I'd reccomend.
Original post by Dragonfly07
I'm a first year at Loughborough. Incredible place for sports and everything but social life consists of 99.9% clubbing and getting drunk. The majority of the people here are way too immature for me but I made some great friends. Studies are also incredibly easy - they go very slow with the material, it's about the same as A levels (at least for my course)

Overall, I'd reccomend.

its said that the first year of uni is easier than A2 but the second of uni is crazyy
Reply 86
Anyone taking mechanical engineering? :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by lekha2611
Anyone taking mechanical engineering? :smile:

I've applied for it. Really hoping I get an offer. Want Loughborough as my insurance
Original post by ms93
If you don't mind saying, what would you say is the best thing and worst thing about the university itself, and then the town as well :smile:

Best thing is the campus & facilities; everything you need in one place including a great union. Pro-active lifestyle so most people exercise/do sport regularly even if like me they aren't particularly talented at sport. You never look out of place going for jogs around the town!

The hall system is brilliant here and its very easy to make like-minded friends. The vast majority of people I've met here have been great.

Worst is a difficult one; as there isn't anything that springs to mind that you wouldn't get at other universities of a similar ilk, and that isn't to do with my specific course.

The town is good; admittedly the big-city nightlife here in Sheffield is obviously better in terms of what Loughborough can offer; but it's cheap, cheerful, a good laugh and at the end of the day more than adequate for a university town :smile:

Hope that helps :smile: keep the questions coming in!
Reply 89
Hiya I was just wondering if students get like part time jobs at the leicester high cross centre?
Reply 90
Original post by emillie
I have an offer for Psychology! :smile:

I seriously dislike you right now :mad:(not really im being a jealous cow) but WELL DONE!:biggrin:

you applying for a three year or the 4 year course

im applying to, waiting for my bastard college to send of the *****ng ucas app ! (i apologise for the expletives!)
Reply 91
Original post by LozB167
I've applied for it. Really hoping I get an offer. Want Loughborough as my insurance

Same! It's really nice there too :smile:
Good luck with your application :smile: have you visited the university yet either of you?

Yes I visited it :biggrin: its lovely! Nice and campusy. Accommodation isn't too shabby either and it's a sporty uni so the facilities aren't half bad!
Best thing is the campus & facilities; everything you need in one place including a great union. Pro-active lifestyle so most people exercise/do sport regularly even if like me they aren't particularly talented at sport. You never look out of place going for jogs around the town!

The hall system is brilliant here and its very easy to make like-minded friends. The vast majority of people I've met here have been great.

Worst is a difficult one; as there isn't anything that springs to mind that you wouldn't get at other universities of a similar ilk, and that isn't to do with my specific course.

The town is good; admittedly the big-city nightlife here in Sheffield is obviously better in terms of what Loughborough can offer; but it's cheap, cheerful, a good laugh and at the end of the day more than adequate for a university town :smile:

Hope that helps :smile: keep the questions coming in!

Best and worst accommodation? I liked the look of Elvyen (sp?) but apparently its pretty stuck up D:
Anyone going for Aeronautical Engineering or (Aero)Systems Engineering in Loughborough and have you got an offer if so what are they thanks :smile:
Reply 95
Anybody else for Accounting and Financial Management
Reply 96
Anyone have an offer yet?
Reply 97
Original post by WillKail
Anyone applying for Product Design?

I've applied for product design engineering!
Reply 98
I have an offer for English and Drama joint honours! Anyone else?
Original post by Georgiana1605
Best and worst accommodation? I liked the look of Elvyen (sp?) but apparently its pretty stuck up D:

Er yeah that hall is usually full of "rah's" etc :tongue: ditto Rigg-Rutt, and Falk Egg is the worst in my view in terms of facilities.

I'd go for something inbetween such as Harry French, Bill Mo, Faraday, Telford, Cayley etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending