The Student Room Group

Postgrad nottingham university!!

Hi all,

I just accepted an offer from Nottingham Uni for MSC Finance & Investment. Just looking for advice from current students/residents of Nottingham regarding the uni and crime situation.

1) Is Nottingham rated good my employers for Finance?
2) Is the crime situation as bad as they say? (cannot walk around listening to your Ipod or carrying your notebook in your hand)
3) Looking to find a room in a shared house/flat for max 200 pppw (bills excluded), what would be a suitable post grad?

Thanks for your help.
Reply 1
Original post by asifkhan

2) Is the crime situation as bad as they say? (cannot walk around listening to your Ipod or carrying your notebook in your hand)

No, they exaggerate. I'm sure there are unsafe areas just like in other cities, but I lived there for a year and I never felt unsafe.
Hi all,

I just accepted an offer from Nottingham Uni for MSC Finance & Investment. Just looking for advice from current students/residents of Nottingham regarding the uni and crime situation.

3) Looking to find a room in a shared house/flat for max 200 pppw (bills excluded), what would be a suitable post grad?

Thanks for your help.

I'm doing their Executive MBA.

1) Depends on the employer, but it isn't seen as highly rated as many other redbricks these days.... too damn much emphasis on CSR.

2) It is somewhat an exaggeration tbh, while I won't leave a laptop or ipod unattended or in a car that is true for almost everywhere in Britain.

3) £200pppw ?? What are you??A millionaire?Most students get by around £250pppm with bills and they call it expensive.
Reply 3
On number 2, no it's an exaggeration. I listen to my iPod whilst walking home everyday. It's true that it's best to keep your wits about you, especially if you're walking alone at 11pm, but that's probably true for everywhere. The crime is restricted to specific parts of the city, violent crimes around the university are as rare as anywhere else in the country.
I second number 3. I am going to live in London and will pay £125 a week.....

actually less. Bills inclusive.
Reply 5
Original post by Erich Hartmann
I'm doing their Executive MBA.

1) Depends on the employer, but it isn't seen as highly rated as many other redbricks these days.... too damn much emphasis on CSR.

2) It is somewhat an exaggeration tbh, while I won't leave a laptop or ipod unattended or in a car that is true for almost everywhere in Britain.

3) £200pppw ?? What are you??A millionaire?Most students get by around £250pppm with bills and they call it expensive.

Sorry typo... I meant 200pppm.....since I just go home to sleep. Most of the time, I'd either be roaming the city, hitting the gym or find some sports to play (when I am not studying that is). Did my undergrads at Coventry and I paid something like that on rent. Not sure what the situation is in Nottingham! Any specific areas you recommend?
Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

Nottingham is like any other city, some parts on the outskirts are probably best avoided!
At BusinessBecause you can talk to other Nottingham Business School students and read interviews with their alumni. They have just published a story on Nottingham's world ranking for social responsibility and responsible corporate behaviour - have a look at http://www.businessbecause.com/how-do-mbas-go-beyond-grey-pinstripes/8966.htm :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending