The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miahrose
I'm just under 14 stone & about 5'4 - I want to get down to about 10 stone, over time.

I desperately want to join something like Slimming World but I just don't have the cash! I think it could really work for me, plus the clearly set out food & meal plans would help me SO much.

Anyone have any ideas for low-cal meals? I really want to kick this up the backside before September, haha, and after trying (succeeding for a while but then failing miserably over exam time), I feel rather deflated. :frown:

Breakfasts: wholemeal toast with baked beans or spaghetti hoops, cereal with semi skimmed milk and a banana, yoghurt and fruit etc

lunch: sandwich made with wholemeal bread and chicken/ham slices, lettuce, low fat mayo, mustard, a piece of fruit and a handful of nuts.
a bowl of soup and piece of wholemeal bread, piece of fruit and cereal bar

dinner: baked potato with baked beans/tuna and low fat mayo/vegetarian chilli and salad
grilled or baked chicken breast/boiled or baked potato and vegetables
wholemeal pasta with chicken pieces (optional) a tomatoey sauce and low fat cream cheese
rice (wholemeal or otherwise) with pesto and chicken/salmon/tuna

hope I helped!
I hate the phrase "feed a cold, starve a fever". My cold is hungry.

And boyfriend's just come over, being his usual clingy self which I REALLY wasn't in the mood for because I'm ill, so snapped at him, he stormed out, so now I need comfort food :frown:. Bad, bad times.
Reply 382
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Hey :smile: I'm Jessie.

I'm aiming to get fit as well as burn fat (I know you can't target fat loss, but my problem areas are my stomach and hips!)

I'm 5'3", 130 lbs, giving me a BMI of 23.0. My main goal is to be able to run 5K, and to go from there!

I've been going to body pump...it burns :p: Great fun!!
Original post by blahhh
I've been going to body pump...it burns :p: Great fun!!

haha is it tough?
Reply 384
haha is it tough?

You definately feel it! :p: It can be as tough as you want it to be really, choose your weights etc

I just like the fact the woman stands there and shouts...makes me actually do it, sometimes I get a bit lax in the gym and dont push myself enough :smile:

I'm aiming to get fit as well as burn fat (I know you can't target fat loss, but my problem areas are my stomach and hips!)

I'm 5'3", 130 lbs, giving me a BMI of 23.0. My main goal is to be able to run 5K, and to go from there!

I can run about 1.5 miles at the moment, so I'm about half way ish. I'm also going to take up swimming and do a class of some kind at the gym- can anyone recommend any? I'm veering towards body pump/aerobics/spin- anyone tried these? are they good?

You can see where I want to improve below, and I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks :smile:

Underwear pics. Now this is what I'm talking about! :cool:

Good luck with your fitness goals!
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Underwear pics. Now this is what I'm talking about! :cool:

Good luck with your fitness goals!

I just decided that it was pointless if people couldn't see what i was talking about! lol
Original post by blahhh
You definately feel it! :p: It can be as tough as you want it to be really, choose your weights etc

I just like the fact the woman stands there and shouts...makes me actually do it, sometimes I get a bit lax in the gym and dont push myself enough :smile:

I think I'm going to go with body pump :smile: What kind of things does it involve?
Sorry for the 20Q's, I just don't want to do something, hate it, and then never bother with exercise again, because that's what I'm like :tongue:
Original post by sweet_disposition
That depends on how long you're going for? If its just a couple of weeks, I think I'd try to eat healthy but don't worry too much about exercise and stuff, and don't deprive yourself too much because you're on holiday and should be enjoying yourself! Just go in their with a relaxed mind set, cos as long as you've lost weight prior to that in a healthy way you're not gonna come back having put it all back on. Thats how I see it anyways!

Thanks :smile: It's just for a week so I suppose it won't hurt to treat myself, I'll just watch the icecream and stick to the ice lollies lol :tongue: I'll still be eating normally during the day as we're in basic self catered accommodation, it'll just be evening meals at restaurants/tavernas so hopefully it won't do too much damage. :smile:

I can run about 1.5 miles at the moment, so I'm about half way ish. I'm also going to take up swimming and do a class of some kind at the gym- can anyone recommend any? I'm veering towards body pump/aerobics/spin- anyone tried these? are they good?

You can see where I want to improve below, and I would really appreciate any advice! Thanks :smile:

Your hips are very like mine! Although I am 70lbs heavier but still same hips my whole body's just on a bigger scale to yours.. just saying!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Your hips are very like mine! Although I am 70lbs heavier but still same hips my whole body's just on a bigger scale to yours.. just saying!

They annoy me! If I wear a tight top/dress, I have a shelf-like figure! :frown: lol
Reply 391
I think I'm going to go with body pump :smile: What kind of things does it involve?
Sorry for the 20Q's, I just don't want to do something, hate it, and then never bother with exercise again, because that's what I'm like :tongue:

Its using hand weights and also a bar, mixture of movements and with an aerobic step to lay on...also some press ups/ abs/ shoulders :smile: The woman that does mine is really good, shouts out for you to do deeper movements etc...makes me actually do it! :biggrin:

You can try it! No one will force you to go again, give it a go and if its not for you try something else :smile:
I see I've missed a lot! :redface:
I'm from the old thread, pleased to see a new one though!

Height: 5'2
Start Weight: 141
Current Weight: 133
Goal Weight: 104

Need to get back into things, but summer is really distracting! :frown:
Original post by blahhh
Its using hand weights and also a bar, mixture of movements and with an aerobic step to lay on...also some press ups/ abs/ shoulders :smile: The woman that does mine is really good, shouts out for you to do deeper movements etc...makes me actually do it! :biggrin:

You can try it! No one will force you to go again, give it a go and if its not for you try something else :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Reply 394
What about underwear pics? :fuhrer: :frown:

Ah I don't have any 'before' underwear pics. And I'm too shy to post current underwear pics :colondollar:. Maybe in a month or so.
Original post by Lu-x
Ah I don't have any 'before' underwear pics. And I'm too shy to post current underwear pics :colondollar:. Maybe in a month or so.

That's a real shame :frown:
Reply 396
That's a real shame :frown:

Perv much :colone:

Despite losing over 40lb so far, I still have very little body confidence. I've been fat basically all my life. I think it's gonna take time.
I never used to eat breakfast, and then ended up snacking on rubbish mid-morning...Now I'm a bit lost!

Can anyone recommend any good breakfasts? and snacks?

:smile:
Original post by Shockolate

Original post by Shockolate
Thanks :smile: It's just for a week so I suppose it won't hurt to treat myself, I'll just watch the icecream and stick to the ice lollies lol :tongue: I'll still be eating normally during the day as we're in basic self catered accommodation, it'll just be evening meals at restaurants/tavernas so hopefully it won't do too much damage. :smile:

You'll be fine! As long as you have more will power than me when it comes to evening meals at restaurants, I'd be temped by desert :P
OMG, just discovered an eat natural bar contains 8 grams of saturated fat D: I thought eat natural tended to mean eat healthy!! Or am I overreacting?

Latest