The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Priyanka456
Email. Yesterday morning. The feedback email was ridiculous btw. The way admissions dealt with things this year, i doubt they will even get 1000 applications next year.

They're terribly disorganised! I'm gonna email them today...what was in the 'feedback'?
How do I request feedback? I forgot all about it. :colone:
Original post by tomtom415
They're terribly disorganised! I'm gonna email them today...what was in the 'feedback'?

Well they simply gave me a 'rank' amongst 4000 home students (which bears no sense since I am international and we're in 2 different pools) ! And they added that they wouldnt enter any correspondence concerning feedback.
I thought the purpose of feedback was to allow you to know which part of your application let you down. But I guess Leeds gave a new definition to the word!
Original post by NutterFrutter

Email/write to them.
well that was some lovely 'useful' feedback there....

Original post by NutterFrutter

don't bother
Reply 3545
What a pathetic feed back system, I'm sure they said they could give detailed feed back out. I bet all they've done for the past 2 months is sit on their bums and done sweet FA. They could have wrote on UCAS when they rejected us what we were ranked. So stupid I'm actually laughing about how they have presented themselves through this whole admission cycle.
What can you do! :')
Reply 3546
I was rejected without getting an interview about 2 months ago, asked for feedback, and today received an email informing me that I was on the waiting list. Anyone else in the same position?
Original post by OliS1311
I was rejected without getting an interview about 2 months ago, asked for feedback, and today received an email informing me that I was on the waiting list. Anyone else in the same position?

Well done. I haven't received any feedback or anything yet. Did you have an interview?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3548
No, I unfortunately didn't get an interview. Really liked the course and the uni at the open day though; fingers crossed! Did you get an interview?
Original post by OliS1311
No, I unfortunately didn't get an interview. Really liked the course and the uni at the open day though; fingers crossed! Did you get an interview?

I didn't either. I fell in love with the place/course at the open day so would be so happy if i was put on the informal waiting list. Hopefully if my feedbacks good from them I'll reapply next year.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Baby_Duck
I didn't either. I fell in love with the place/course at the open day so would be so happy if i was put on the informal waiting list. Hopefully if my feedbacks good from them I'll reapply next year.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Sorry to disappoint, but I had an interview and got feedback yesterday which said after interview I came 318/371, and I was also told I was on the waiting list. So there were around 70 people in front of me who also didn't get an offer. So for me to get an offer, 71 people would have to not make their offer :/
Reply 3551
Hence the crossed fingers :biggrin:
Reply 3552
Does anyone know how many offers Leeds actually gave out?
I've been put on the reserve list but have already accepted another offer, so don't want to be getting my hopes up too much!
I know there are 243 places, 220 of them for home students, but it doesn't seem like Leeds have made many more offers than there are places.
On the waiting list as well - rejection without interview. Just got a blank email from them.. Doesn't really help the feeling of being screwed over by them :\
Reply 3554
I've just been sent the exact same email again about being placed on the reserve list. Has this happened to anyone else?
Writing quality individual feedback for over thousands of rejected applicants is nigh on impossible; expecting them to do that is bordering on naive.
Original post by digitalis
Writing quality individual feedback for over thousands of rejected applicants is nigh on impossible; expecting them to do that is bordering on naive.

All other universities are able to give some form of feedback. Let's take the example of Bristol, which receives nearly the same number of applications as Leeds. At least, Bristol had the decency to point out what exactly was missing in my PS.
Original post by Priyanka456
All other universities are able to give some form of feedback. Let's take the example of Bristol, which receives nearly the same number of applications as Leeds. At least, Bristol had the decency to point out what exactly was missing in my PS.

Barts doesn't. Just think about it for a second. You would have to employ a separate set of staff just to give feedback. If you think it's ten minutes per form to skim read and write an answer, think how long that would take and cost in man hours to do.

I think you got lucky with Bristol. And how exactly did they tell you what was missing? Was it 'a lack of emphasis on the role of the doctor in team working' or something suitably vague? What about 'you needed to talk more about what you learnt from your sports that applies to medicine'

You just can't provide detailed, valuable feedback for applicants. If you do need feedback, it is much better to catch someone in person who is in the know (i.e. a friendly medical student who has spent years helping out in the admissions teams............family members, friends, teachers, TSR PS helpers). It really isn't worth haranguing already stressed and busy admissions tutors, especially around this time of the year for feedback. At best, you will get a polite reply saying no. At worst, you won't hear back and they will have a junkmail filter set for 'feedback'.

Food for thought!
Found out yesterday i'm on the reserve list. I wasn't interviewed though. Obviously, it's not gonna happen, but out of interest does anyone have ANY idea how many people get put on that list? thanks!
Original post by Sophiescm
Found out yesterday i'm on the reserve list. I wasn't interviewed though. Obviously, it's not gonna happen, but out of interest does anyone have ANY idea how many people get put on that list? thanks!

Around 70, I'm on the reserve list and I came 318/361 after interview :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending