The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
just want to hear from Leeds so badly, they are taking forever :frown: so hope i get an interview
Reply 781
Original post by i<3NYC
just want to hear from Leeds so badly, they are taking forever :frown: so hope i get an interview

same - its actually depressing! Leeds is my first choice :frown:
Reply 782
Original post by Mish Bish
same - its actually depressing! Leeds is my first choice :frown:

Samee, its the only place i havent heard from and the place i most wanna goo :frown:
does anyone know if theyre giving out batches one day a week or continuously? :smile:
Reply 784
Hey everyone, I was one of the lucky ones and got an interview for the 9th Feb, getting pretty nervous about it now! Just wondering if any of the other people who got an invite for interview have started filling in their work experience forms? I haven't done any paid voluntary work/work experience, do i just leave it blank?

Good luck to everyone, I'm sure it won't be long until you all hear :smile:
Reply 785
Original post by beckyboo.
Samee, its the only place i havent heard from and the place i most wanna goo :frown:

still waiting to hear from 2 med schools :frown: 1 interview and 1 waiting list - so no offers or anything to celebrate yet...
which ones did you applyt too? any offers etc?
Good luck
Reply 786
still waiting to hear from 2 med schools :frown: 1 interview and 1 waiting list - so no offers or anything to celebrate yet...
which ones did you applyt too? any offers etc?
Good luck

i'm quite similar, had interviews at birmingham and newcastle, on birminghams waiting list, and i've got sheffield in a few weeks, so no hope of offers anytime soon :/
Reply 787
Original post by beckyboo.
i'm quite similar, had interviews at birmingham and newcastle, on birminghams waiting list, and i've got sheffield in a few weeks, so no hope of offers anytime soon :/

wow 3 interviews! thats amazing...
Reply 788
wow 3 interviews! thats amazing...

Thank you, i think i've been quite lucky with the universitys ive applied too, appart from leeds they've all been quite quick. At least we can both celebrate no rejections yet :biggrin:
Reply 789
Original post by joemullally
You get a bonus point for your UKCAT.
No one knows what academics you'll get but I should imagine it'l be 13 or 14 (you cant get 16 without A levels achieved.)

The extra curricular stuff is generally achievement etc, so national teams, awards, etc etc will all ad towards it.

The cut off hasn't changed for a bit but it was meant to last year and didn't.

i'm a first year, got my interview with zero awards/national teams or achievements! my extra curriculars were mostly work experience/jobs and hobbies.

good luck all :smile: feel free to ask any questions!

dunno why im on TSR again...this is procrastinating work in the extreme :P
Reply 790
Original post by xxjvie
Hey everyone, I was one of the lucky ones and got an interview for the 9th Feb, getting pretty nervous about it now! Just wondering if any of the other people who got an invite for interview have started filling in their work experience forms? I haven't done any paid voluntary work/work experience, do i just leave it blank?

Good luck to everyone, I'm sure it won't be long until you all hear :smile:

Just fill in any experience you have had that's relates to medicine and back it up with contact numbers. I would have thought. Good luck
Reply 791
Original post by JessBess
Just fill in any experience you have had that's relates to medicine and back it up with contact numbers. I would have thought. Good luck

So just ignore the whole unpaid/paid thing? Thanks
Anyone got rejections yet? I've not heard anything :/ I've got my Leicester one next month, 3 exams next week and I won't hear back from the interviews I've had until like 31st of march cos I'm on the hold list for manchester and the other one is Liverpool so I'm well and truly the most nervous person ever! :tongue:
Original post by saxophoniste
Anyone got rejections yet? I've not heard anything :/ I've got my Leicester one next month, 3 exams next week and I won't hear back from the interviews I've had until like 31st of march cos I'm on the hold list for manchester and the other one is Liverpool so I'm well and truly the most nervous person ever! :tongue:

Dude...

I got rejected from Leicester without interview...

Still not heard from anywhere else...

:cry2:
Original post by thegodofgod
Dude...

I got rejected from Leicester without interview...

Still not heard from anywhere else...

:cry2:

Where else did you apply? My friend hasn't heard from anywhere yet cos she applied to like the 4 that haven't got back to anyone! :tongue:

I'm just annoyed because I think I ruined my Liverpool one :frown:

Don't suppose anyone knows if Leeds give out their rejections in bunches too? Trying to work out it no news is good news or not :tongue:
Where else did you apply? My friend hasn't heard from anywhere yet cos she applied to like the 4 that haven't got back to anyone! :tongue:

I'm just annoyed because I think I ruined my Liverpool one :frown:

Don't suppose anyone knows if Leeds give out their rejections in bunches too? Trying to work out it no news is good news or not :tongue:

Soton - started giving out offers this week :eek:
Keele - started sending out interview invites in December :redface:
Original post by thegodofgod
Soton - started giving out offers this week :eek:
Keele - started sending out interview invites in December :redface:

Well no news is good news right? You've not been outright rejected :smile:
Well no news is good news right? You've not been outright rejected :smile:

:smile:
Reply 798
Come on Leeds! You only have 10 weeks now to sort out all the 4000 applications , choose which 600 to interview and actually interview them all AND make your decisions and tell us!!!!! :frown: Panic mode kicking in..
Reply 799
Initially I was nervous that I would not get an interview. Now I am nervous that I won't get an interview and nervous that if I am lucky enough to get one I will only have 5 or so days notice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending