The Student Room Group

Leeds Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by atayi1234
had my interview on the 14th and was told by the admissions dean guy there are only 400 interview this year (top 10%), there are a couple more dates in march!

good luck to everybody.

thank you - really hoping that I am called in March!
Original post by Mish Bish
thank you - really hoping that I am called in March!

I wish more everybody could be called and get that one shot to impress.
Medicine is unfair though :frown:
what are your stats?
Original post by atayi1234
I wish more everybody could be called and get that one shot to impress.
Medicine is unfair though :frown:
what are your stats?

predicted A*A*A
AS - 5A1B - EPQ A
GCSE - 7.5A*,4 A, 2B
about 18 months of work experience in all sorts of care providers, medical facilities - even worked in orphanges over summers etc

but is they dont like me I guess they dont like me:frown:

had interview with Barts, on waiting list for BSMS - and no response from Leeds or Southampton.... so basically no offers!

Leeds is my 1st choice - lets see! still pretending to be hopeful
Reply 1383
does anyone know how leeds admissions work. do they look at ukcat score first and then cut people off or do they llook at everything together, also what do people think the ukcat cut off will be ? :smile:
Original post by kimmey
does anyone know how leeds admissions work. do they look at ukcat score first and then cut people off or do they llook at everything together, also what do people think the ukcat cut off will be ? :smile:

i'm not sure what the answers are for your questions but i know they don't have a UKCAT cutoff..
Reply 1385
Original post by kimmey

I heard ukcat does not matter bellow 700, you get +1 point on your application if you have 700+.
I opened my emails and saw an email from 'University of Leeds'

Got excited for a split second...

...and it was SPAM

AAAARGHHH :angry::angry:

No other polite words I can say about it....
Reply 1387
Original post by kimmey

there's no cutoff. all those with 700+ get 1 extra point out of 46 (afaik). All those below 700 are deemed equal. No one is rejected based on ukcat.
Original post by SilverArch
I opened my emails and saw an email from 'University of Leeds'

Got excited for a split second...

...and it was SPAM

AAAARGHHH :angry::angry:

No other polite words I can say about it....

Same!!!! Have you applied for another course at Leeds too?
Reply 1389
Original post by .eXe
there's no cutoff. all those with 700+ get 1 extra point out of 46 (afaik). All those below 700 are deemed equal. No one is rejected based on ukcat.

so what are there criteria to mark you on how do you score these points ? :smile:
Original post by beckyboo.
Same!!!! Have you applied for another course at Leeds too?

I have a biology offer there :smile:
Reply 1391
Original post by kimmey
so what are there criteria to mark you on how do you score these points ? :smile:

Hmm Im not sure if it's published anywhere but I would recommend going through this thread. I am 99% sure someone has posted it here. Probably around novermber/december time period
Original post by .eXe
Hmm Im not sure if it's published anywhere but I would recommend going through this thread. I am 99% sure someone has posted it here. Probably around novermber/december time period

Original post by kimmey

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1709835

Here it is..the first post on this thread :smile:
Reply 1393
Original post by groovyangel2008
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1709835

Here it is..the first post on this thread :smile:

There we go, thank you!
Reply 1394
Although it should be added that the above criteria probably doesn't apply this year since Leeds is interviewing 200 fewer people this cycle, so it must have a stricter criteria or interview cutoff point.

Also, this is not the criteria for internationals since we do not get interviewed.
Original post by kimmey

When I applied last year the UKCAT was only used to differentiate between similar applicants after interview, i don't know if it's the same this year, probably?

I can't believe theyre only interviewing 400 this year?! good luck everyone!
Reply 1396
If everyone gets two weeks notice before their interview, and they're only interviewing in March, then the absolute latest that we will hear from them is March 17th, right?!
Original post by Escapade
If everyone gets two weeks notice before their interview, and they're only interviewing in March, then the absolute latest that we will hear from them is March 17th, right?!

I would say Friday the 16th :P
Original post by Escapade

I would say Friday the 16th :P
Original post by SilverArch
I have a biology offer there :smile:

Ahh congrats, I'll have had the same email then, definitely wasn't worth almost falling off my lab stool for ><

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending