The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy entry 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by Spence_LJS
Sent off my Manchester questionnaire yesterday... eek. Still had a week to go but I wanted to get rid of it!

Did they acknowledge the receipt of your completed questionnaire, or are we just supposed to assume they got it okay? :smile:

I sent my Manchester one off a few weeks ago and got no confirmation that they had looked at it until they gave me my offer! Good luck X
Original post by Spence_LJS
Sent off my Manchester questionnaire yesterday... eek. Still had a week to go but I wanted to get rid of it!

Did they acknowledge the receipt of your completed questionnaire, or are we just supposed to assume they got it okay? :smile:

They did, it might take a few days though, she took three days to send an email confirming it back :smile:
Got impatient and emailed Reading- they just sent me one back confirming i've been shortlisted and they sent my questionnaire yesterday :smile: Happy days!
Original post by abi.tanner
i still need to send off my manchester met questionnaire - i've had it for almost 3 weeks now and im really feeling that my answers aren't great so i won't send it till thursday after i've seen the local SLT.

I checked the email and it just said to get it back as soon as possible - did anyone have a date that it HAD to be handed in by?

i thhink i remember it saying it was the UCAS deadline...
(edited 12 years ago)
Just got a cute newsletter from Manchester too, they seem very persuasive :tongue:
Reply 1385
Original post by juliewho
Just got a cute newsletter from Manchester too, they seem very persuasive :tongue:

Me too, but as soon as I saw University of Manchester in my inbox, I was like **** that was quick!
Original post by emilyarg
I sent my Manchester one off a few weeks ago and got no confirmation that they had looked at it until they gave me my offer! Good luck X

Do you havean offer from Manchester University?
Got impatient and emailed Reading- they just sent me one back confirming i've been shortlisted and they sent my questionnaire yesterday :smile: Happy days!

Yayy! I knew you would be! I think I am going to do the same with Sheffield because I am annoying like that :P
Original post by annaheidi
Yayy! I knew you would be! I think I am going to do the same with Sheffield because I am annoying like that :P

Do it! I was worried about sounding rude but the lady who emailed back was perfectly friendly so :smile:
Also, Manchester are waiting until Feb for offers so Emilyarg might have one from MMU :smile:
Do it! I was worried about sounding rude but the lady who emailed back was perfectly friendly so :smile:
Also, Manchester are waiting until Feb for offers so Emilyarg might have one from MMU :smile:

Just sent it so fingers crossed they will get back to be and be like yeah we would love to interview you.... if not I will cry :P
I was thinking that too about Emilyarg.
Typical of me to pick to unis that take ages to get back to you :P
Just sent it so fingers crossed they will get back to be and be like yeah we would love to interview you.... if not I will cry :P

Hi!

Im doing my Manchester q's now.... Will there be a interview for Manchester?
Thought that they were just sending a written 'interview' out??

Thanks!! Michaela

Awh, hopefully you'll be on a list somewhere for the next lot of interviews! Same, wishing that I picked MMU :tongue:
Original post by dibdobmichaela
Hi!

Im doing my Manchester q's now.... Will there be a interview for Manchester?
Thought that they were just sending a written 'interview' out??

Thanks!! Michaela

Hey sorry to confuse you we were talking about 2 unis in one post. with the interview I was talking about Sheffield. Manchester just send out written interviews nothing more.
Awh, hopefully you'll be on a list somewhere for the next lot of interviews! Same, wishing that I picked MMU :tongue:

I wish I had applied to city instead of leeds met... i just could not have afford the london lifestyle, plus i dont really know how they work the process do they interview?
Man I think it is a little sad that I am now checking this thread more than my Facebook or twitter!
However I am not checking it as much as my email that is for sure :P
I wish I had applied to city instead of leeds met... i just could not have afford the london lifestyle, plus i dont really know how they work the process do they interview?

I love London, but only in short bursts, and i've only been to the touristy parts so i'm not sure living there would be too much fun. I'm not sure actually, I never really considered any of the London uni's at all, I just went "oh, in London - no" :tongue:
I love London, but only in short bursts, and i've only been to the touristy parts so i'm not sure living there would be too much fun. I'm not sure actually, I never really considered any of the London uni's at all, I just went "oh, in London - no" :tongue:

I went to look at it and really liked it, especially the part where you can go and work abroad... but yeah the money is a biggg problem! Halls were £170 a week!
I went to look at it and really liked it, especially the part where you can go and work abroad... but yeah the money is a biggg problem! Halls were £170 a week!

Wow :| i'll be entitled to full bursary and I know you get more living in London, but that sort of cost would eat up all the extra within seconds. I'd rather spend less on accom and have more money for nice food or some other luxury :tongue:
Hi everyone! Its so good to see so many applying for SLT! :smile: when i tell people in my college im applying for speech and language therapy they're all just like 'whats that??' :confused:

So Ive had replies form University of Manchester & MMU, both sent me written interview/questionnaire. Done UoM interview, still working on the MMU one that ive had for a month!! But my local PCT isn't letting me have a shadowing/observation session with a SLT! so i have to do a video session :frown: anyone else have/had this problem?
Reply 1399
Original post by Electric_Rainbow
Hi everyone! Its so good to see so many applying for SLT! :smile: when i tell people in my college im applying for speech and language therapy they're all just like 'whats that??' :confused:

So Ive had replies form University of Manchester & MMU, both sent me written interview/questionnaire. Done UoM interview, still working on the MMU one that ive had for a month!! But my local PCT isn't letting me have a shadowing/observation session with a SLT! so i have to do a video session :frown: anyone else have/had this problem?

I just kept on asking around and I got to do some shadowing in the end. If not i also tried local schools, and places like the Stroke association they are alway willing to help out.

Where eles have you applied???

Quick Reply

Latest