The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy entry 2012

Scroll to see replies

Also does anyone know when you get told anything from UEA? Because i know other courses get told like the day after.. And people from Cambridge and Oxford get told by Christmas!
Original post by Emilyambrose
Also does anyone know when you get told anything from UEA? Because i know other courses get told like the day after.. And people from Cambridge and Oxford get told by Christmas!

they said about two weeks
Original post by Emilyambrose
Yeh I counted and I didn't see more than 20-25 either this afternoon.. hmm

so about 50 people a day maximum...
Reply 1583
Original post by creigiaugirl
so about 50 people a day maximum...

That's still at least 200 applicants being interviewed :/ do you know how many places are at UEA?
Original post by creigiaugirl
were you in the morning or afternoon session today? don't think there were many more than 20-25 people this morning...

Did they manage to do 20 minute interviews with all those people?? That'd take forever!
Original post by SalC
Dmu are waiting til after the deadline and Leeds met will be letting us know before Xmas (or so they say...) I applied on the 11/11 and only have one interview, I wouldn't worry :smile:

Gah, I haven't even had an acknowledgement from Leeds - think I might pester them today, too!

edit - so Reading just got back to me and told me not to worry as they've received 'hundreds of applications in a matter of weeks'. Hmmm... :/ -twiddles thumbs-
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Spence_LJS
Did they manage to do 20 minute interviews with all those people?? That'd take forever!

They did, but we had about 20 maximum in the afternoon,and lots of parents :tongue: They do them in batches of 3/4 people. Probably more like 15 thinking about it.

Don't worry about Reading, think how long they had ours for before the questionnares :tongue: they'll probably send yours in the next batch.
Original post by juliewho
They did, but we had about 20 maximum in the afternoon,and lots of parents :tongue: They do them in batches of 3/4 people. Probably more like 15 thinking about it.

Don't worry about Reading, think how long they had ours for before the questionnares :tongue: they'll probably send yours in the next batch.

Ah that makes sense, so there's not just one set of interviewers (that'd be a bit dumb, silly me).

Trying not to fret about Reading, but I seem to have my heart set on it lately! Will be patient :tongue:

Hope you get some positive responses back soon from your interviews :smile:
Reply 1588
oh my goodness! I have an interview at Sheffield, HOWEVER! It's next Wednesday and I'm not in the country, I'm going to my dads for Christmas! I've left a message for the lady to contact me back, do you think they'll be able to rearrange my interview date or an I going to have to book a flight back for the interview :angry:

I am so pleased yet so so worried too!!
Original post by SalC
oh my goodness! I have an interview at Sheffield, HOWEVER! It's next Wednesday and I'm not in the country, I'm going to my dads for Christmas! I've left a message for the lady to contact me back, do you think they'll be able to rearrange my interview date or an I going to have to book a flight back for the interview :angry:

I am so pleased yet so so worried too!!

Did you fill in the UCAS bit where it asks for dates when you're unavailable for interview? x
Reply 1590
Did you fill in the UCAS bit where it asks for dates when you're unavailable for interview? x

Mm I don't remember seeing that, so probably not! :frown:
Original post by SalC
Mm I don't remember seeing that, so probably not! :frown:

It wasn't highlighted very well - I almost missed it!

Anyway, you could've booked it since you submitted your app, so I wouldn't worry. They must still have interview dates available so I don't see why they wouldn't rearrange? Best of luck! Let us know x
Original post by Ellll
I've had an offer from UWIC!!! :biggrin:

OMG well done!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: at least I know someone now who's possibly going there too :biggrin: bet your so happy!
Reply 1593
It wasn't highlighted very well - I almost missed it!

Anyway, you could've booked it since you submitted your app, so I wouldn't worry. They must still have interview dates available so I don't see why they wouldn't rearrange? Best of luck! Let us know x

Oh my gosh, was so nervous but they've just put me in with the next interview in jan. phew! Now that that's sorted I can be excited!!
Original post by SalC
Oh my gosh, was so nervous but they've just put me in with the next interview in jan. phew! Now that that's sorted I can be excited!!

Phew! That's good news :biggrin: Now you have a bit longer to prepare, too. :smile:

I emailed Leeds earlier and they just replied acknowledging my app and saying they'll let me know by the 23rd... hmm. Wonder when they were going to acknowledge it under their own steam :tongue:
Hey does anyone know the interview dates for Sheffield in Jan and Feb, I'm scared they'll clash with my Jan exams if I'm lucky enough to get one! I haven't heard anything from them yet so I'm really nervous! :/ xxxx
Phew! That's good news :biggrin: Now you have a bit longer to prepare, too. :smile:

I emailed Leeds earlier and they just replied acknowledging my app and saying they'll let me know by the 23rd... hmm. Wonder when they were going to acknowledge it under their own steam :tongue:

They said they would tell me by the end of november so I would not hold them to that :P
EEEE BUZZING I JUST GOT MY SHEFFIELD INTERVIEW FOR NEXT WEDNESDAY :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: First choice so I am over the moon :smile: Anyone going to be there with me?
Original post by annaheidi
They said they would tell me by the end of november so I would not hold them to that :P

I'm just glad they've acknowledged it. I don't mind if they don't get back to me till Feb, they're my last choice :tongue:
So happy for everyone with Sheff interviews, hopefully you'll all have a better time than me! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending