The Student Room Group

Are past internships good for future ones

Is it a good idea to tell the bank about the past internships / spring weeks you've had with other banks?

Also, if your first application wasn't very good, does that affect future applications you make to the same bank. EG Barcap asks you to tell them about past applications on your application form.
Reply 1
Dude? Of course it does... Experience in a bank will obviously be useful if you are applying to work in a bank.

As for past applications - I've heard it doesn't matter because they realise a lot can change in a year but not sure on that.
Oh, sorry - of course you'd tell them if you were applying to work there.

I meant if you've already done an spring break last year, but want to do another spring break at a different bank this year.
Reply 3
Well you can only so spring weeks in your first year so I assume you meant when applying for summer internships? If so, it definitely helps as the banks know your 'good enough' for one of the competitors. It also helps a lot if you got a fast track from your spring week to leverage with other banks.
Original post by The_Don_123

Original post by The_Don_123
Well you can only so spring weeks in your first year so I assume you meant when applying for summer internships? If so, it definitely helps as the banks know your 'good enough' for one of the competitors. It also helps a lot if you got a fast track from your spring week to leverage with other banks.

"to leverage with other banks" does this actually work for summer internships - i thought this would only work when your a superstar and have banks battling over you :s
we're measly undergrads no?
Reply 5
Well I've never experienced it first hand so it's just my opinion but I imagine that if you perform well in an interview/are likeable then the banks will be pretty keen to have you and not lose you to the competition. True we are just undergrads but we are supposed to be the leaders of tomorrow! I suppose this is why many banks hold intern 'poaching' events.

It's not only us that gain from internships, the banks get an early pick to who they want.

Anyway, that's just my opinion of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending