The Student Room Group

NHS Bursary & Maintenance Grant

So I am eligible for an Income Assessed NHS Bursary.

I was half way through applying for Student Finance & I read this in the guidance notes:

If you are eligible to apply for an income assessed bursary or award, the only element of student finance you are eligible to apply for is the non-income assessed part of the Maintenance Loan and this will be at a reduced rate.

Now I only wanted to apply for the Maintenance Grant so according to the above, I won't be eligible for it?
So should I carry on applying for Student Finance or not?

I rang them up & they didn't really make any sense :s-smilie:.
Reply 1
Original post by thekooks

I was half way through applying for Student Finance & I read this in the guidance notes:

If you are eligible to apply for an income assessed bursary or award, the only element of student finance you are eligible to apply for is the non-income assessed part of the Maintenance Loan and this will be at a reduced rate.

Now I only wanted to apply for the Maintenance Grant so according to the above, I won't be eligible for it?

No you cant apply for a maintainance grant as you get the NHS bursary instead.
Original post by thekooks

You aren't eligible for the maintenance grant, only the non-means tested loan. Don't continue with your Student Finance application if you don't want that loan.
Reply 3
Original post by PhoenixFortune
You aren't eligible for the maintenance grant, only the non-means tested loan. Don't continue with your Student Finance application if you don't want that loan.

That's what I thought but needed confirmation lol thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by jelly1000
No you cant apply for a maintainance grant as you get the NHS bursary instead.

Ok thank you for your reply :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending