The Student Room Group

DANG!! Girls WITHOUT makeup!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LipstickKisses
Most girls who you don't think are wearing it are, it's just subtle so it doesn't look obvious.

Aw no :frown: Damn girls
Original post by spocckka

Haha it's not a bad thing? :tongue:
I think it's really sad when I see girls who are at the point of "omg I can't be seen without makeup on!".

I personally only wear makeup for special occasions.
(edited 12 years ago)
Haha it's not a bad thing? :tongue:

I kind of think that if I'm not going to all that bother, why should they?
I kind of think that if I'm not going to all that bother, why should they?

:lolwut: Because they want to? And everyone, guy and girl should make an effort. :tongue:
I hardly ever wear makeup - I guess that's why boys and small children regularly back away from me screaming!
:lolwut: Because they want to? And everyone, guy and girl should make an effort. :tongue:

Not happening... I just don't care.
Original post by NightKings
hello, im goin to glasgow this Sep to start my course in mathematics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so are we friends now !?

Ohhh awesome! You'll love it!
Haha yeah sure why not :p:
I used to be dependent on make-up in my early teens - my skin wasn't great so I was addicted to powder foundation, and I was convinced that I had a big nose and that heavy black eyeliner would draw attention away from it (wrong on both counts, alas). It's a horrible situation to be in, and it made me feel really insecure and restricted in my activities as I couldn't swim, exercise, sleep at other people's houses etc without being worried about how I looked. Also, in retrospect it really didn't look that good...

Eventually I found out what was messing up my skin (cosmetics and face-wash, ironically) and stopped using it completely. Now my skin is nice and I'm 100% comfortable with my appearance without any make-up at all. In fact, if I was given a free lifetime supply some kind of miracle foundation/lipstick/eyeshadow that I could actually wear without ill-effects, I'd still choose to go barefaced. I may not look like a model, but I look like the best and most honest version of myself and I'm happy with that :smile:.

lmao actually crying, this is hillarious.

Edit: best part when she throws water over herself.Did she wonder what was wrong with her?
(edited 12 years ago)

Still not all. People always think i wear make up but i don't.
I always wonder what girl's are thinking when they're having to put in so much time applying layers of make-up.

As they're putting it all on are they acknowledging that actually they're quite naturally ugly and thus find the need to put on so much?

There's fine touching up here and there, which is cool to cover a few blemishes or highlight the eyes etc. but when the face's skin is fully covered by a complete layer...it's just ridiculous. They look ridiculous.

Sometimes when I see girls I genuinely question if they even look at the mirror before stepping out, most of the times they actually make themselves look worse!

Fortunately I'm pretty good in extrapolating what a girl looks like behind the mask.
Reply 193
Some boys are so... ignorant? I don't really meant that in a bad way, because I know most boys don't wear make up and aren't interested in it so its fair that they don't know much about makeup. Boys don't like the idea of makeup but then alot will go crazy over girls like Megan Fox or Kim Kardasian. Both are naturally beautiful girls but there whole red carpet image has changed because of their makeup.
I may only be able to notice this because I've had alot of experience with makeup, but if you look at Kim she often contours her nose and face, and highlights with light concealer under her eyes and down onto her cheeks. It is alot of makeup, it completely changes her face.
Most girls that you see everyday don't do this they probably spend about 5 minutes putting on some mascara. It just makes me laugh when boys say they don't like makeup and then go for the complete opposite...
I only wear no make up when I am in my house and I know that no one will see me. I'm not pretty with or without make up but make up is kind of a mask, literal and metaphorical.
I only wear mascara and perhaps eyeliner if I can be bothered. That isn't v often. :mmm:

I've never worn facial makeup because I feel like I have nothing to hide. If you don't like how I look that's cool, I'd rather that than liking me because I have a face painted like a doll.

I do believe in makeup to enhance features (mascara making your eyelashes darker and more noticeable or eyeliner to show off the shape of your eyes) but I don't feel the need to conceal anything.

Gets a lil sketchy if I have a bad spot at a party but I guess I just make sure the camera flash is on. :h:
I think girls tend to look more vulnerable when they aren't wearing make-up, which isn't always something they want to be seen as. I think it's because females are 'softer' looking than males on the whole. I know when I wear eye-liner I tend to feel more powerful.

Most girls I've seen without make-up though don't suddenly become a hideous monster. They're still pretty, just in a slightly different way.
Reply 197
I look just as pale with my makeup on as I do without it because I have to mix my own because all the ones you can buy are way too orange.

The natural look (i.e wearing makeup but it doesn't look like you're wearing any) ftw.
There is one who I know but I'd best not post her photo in case she sees it! :tongue:
Original post by Stasiaxx
Still not all. People always think i wear make up but i don't.

I bet you're stunnning.

Quick Reply

Latest