The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Nice part of this post:
Original post by Revent
Hey guys, I want to change my application to deferred entry. Is that possible? If so, any idea how I would do it? Also, if I were to get an offer from Liverpool and I accept it, would I be legally bound to start in 2013 even if I applied somewhere else?

If you are holding an offer for deferred entry then you can NOT apply again to more places. If you wanted to reapply then you would have to decline/withdraw from that offer in order to apply.

What .exe said about the contract is partly correct. If you have firmed an offer then the university is legally bound to offer you that place, providing you meet the requirements. If you want to get out of it then you'll have to withdraw and notify the university.

If you get an offer then I suggest you use it.

Not so nice part of this post:
Discussion of specific interview questions from this cycle is not permitted. Anyone caught doing so will have their post removed and can face punishment from the moderation team. You may discuss how you felt it went, but not what was asked etc. This also applies to anyone ASKING for details on what people were asked.
Reply 581
Hey guys, I am a canadian applicant and i just got an interview offer which is on February 4th. Does anyone know how many students are called for interviews, and how many of those get offers. Thank you so much
Reply 582
Original post by mvohra1
Hey guys, I am a canadian applicant and i just got an interview offer which is on February 4th. Does anyone know how many students are called for interviews, and how many of those get offers. Thank you so much

Congratsss!! Just out of curiosity, are you applying with a university degree? or high school marks?:biggrin:
Reply 583
Original post by ns94
I have an interview on the 7th, with a tour at 12.45pm and an interview at 4.00pm, and I was just wondering what time should I get there and by what time would I have finished.

Also, if I don't have my AS level certificates yet, would that be a problem.

Thanks

I got there for the tour at 12.30 and it was more than enough time. Wear something waterproof, I got SOAKED walking between buildings and was nearly soaking for my afternoon interview. The tour takes about an hour. for the interview, I arrived 20 minutes early but there were people who arrived hours before. There's no formal checking in or anything so it doesnt really matter.

I don't know if it would be a problem, everyone had them when I went. The copies of them are important too.

hope that helps :smile: xx
Reply 584
Original post by lizzy999
Congratsss!! Just out of curiosity, are you applying with a university degree? or high school marks?:biggrin:

Hey lizzy, I am a highschool applicant i am finishing off grade 12
Reply 585
Hey guys. I have 18 points going on my GCSE's and i havent heard anything at al about an interview! im getting extremely worried lol. Is it normal for the university to take a while to get back to people if they have got through to interview?
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Discussion of specific interview questions from this cycle is not permitted. Anyone caught doing so will have their post removed and can face punishment from the moderation team. You may discuss how you felt it went, but not what was asked etc. This also applies to anyone ASKING for details on what people were asked.

However you should point out that is still ok for posters to ask questions about the last cycle. I seem to remember you from the Keele Applicants 2011, was that you?
Original post by planetconwy1
However you should point out that is still ok for posters to ask questions about the last cycle. I seem to remember you from the Keele Applicants 2011, was that you?

I did mention in the first line that I was referring to questions from this cycle :h:

And yeah that's me :yep:

Enjoying Liverpool/medicine? :smile:
I did mention in the first line that I was referring to questions from this cycle :h:

And yeah that's me :yep:

Enjoying Liverpool/medicine? :smile:

Haha, I thought it was :smile:

I am sort of, I think the anatomy & physiology is a bit boring, so I'm finding it hard to motivate myself. The Clinical Skills and Communication Skills is really good though!

What about you?
Reply 589
Just wondered, has anyone received an interview invitation with a score of 15 or 16 in their GCSE scoring? I wanted to apply but realised that there seemed to be so many people with 17 or 18 that it probably wouldnt be worth it.
Reply 590
Original post by fuzzycat
Just wondered, has anyone received an interview invitation with a score of 15 or 16 in their GCSE scoring? I wanted to apply but realised that there seemed to be so many people with 17 or 18 that it probably wouldnt be worth it.

Not yet, but I don't really mind about the GCSE points, only if you're above you're all good
Reply 591
Nice part of this post:

If you are holding an offer for deferred entry then you can NOT apply again to more places. If you wanted to reapply then you would have to decline/withdraw from that offer in order to apply.

What .exe said about the contract is partly correct. If you have firmed an offer then the university is legally bound to offer you that place, providing you meet the requirements. If you want to get out of it then you'll have to withdraw and notify the university.

If you get an offer then I suggest you use it.

Original post by Parle à ma main
I think you can change it to deferred entry after you get your results, and provided you have a very good reason for it. Not sure about whether you can pre-results.

For the second part- I don't think you'd be legally bound, that would be kind of harsh. As long as you let the uni know that you were cancelling the offer?

Original post by .eXe
if you accept then I think you have to go, since it's like a contract. otherwise, you will have to withdraw (drop out)

And no idea if you can change entry route anymore, I thought that was something we did on UCAS and that cannot be changed anymore. I would suggest just calling up the school and asking them directly.

Thanks guys :smile: So damn, I just got to hope I did better in the Barts interview than I thought :p:
Original post by Revent
Thanks guys :smile: So damn, I just got to hope I did better in the Barts interview than I thought :p:

Hopefully. :hugs:

When do you hear back?
Reply 593
Hopefully. :hugs:

When do you hear back?

End of February :redface: One of my friends already has an offer from Kings :eek:
Original post by Revent
End of February :redface: One of my friends already has an offer from Kings :eek:

Eeek, that's quite a while to stress! Year 13 is proper flying by though.

Yeah, I know someone who has an offer from Brum. It's crazy to imagine that their stressing is over when ours has barely begun :p: Was Kings their first cboice?
Reply 595
hey guys, i just got an interview offer yesterday, and since I live all the way in canada i need to make sure that i will be able to make the interview. So when do the admission tutors expect a reply back regarding whether or not i am gonna go to the interview or not? thanks a lot
Reply 596
well in the email it said to let them know asap.

If I were you I would reply right away since our interviews are in february anyways so its a long while away. I am sure you can pre-plan your schedule from now to ensure you have those few days off. Also, february first week is not usually exam time in canadian schools so you should be fine in that regard.
Reply 597
Eeek, that's quite a while to stress! Year 13 is proper flying by though.

Yeah, I know someone who has an offer from Brum. It's crazy to imagine that their stressing is over when ours has barely begun :p: Was Kings their first cboice?

Last choice :p:

I'm SOOO worried about Barts though, because that's where I REALLY want to go :p: I've already had my interview and I'm sure I screwed up :sad:

Liverpool is my last choice :p:
Got an interview offer yesterday. My interview will be held on the 12th of December :biggrin: Any tips? :smile:
Original post by Revent
Last choice :p:

I'm SOOO worried about Barts though, because that's where I REALLY want to go :p: I've already had my interview and I'm sure I screwed up :sad:

Liverpool is my last choice :p:

The way human memory works is that we remember the bad parts of something more than the good parts, and we tend to mis-remember things anyhow. I wouldn't stress too much, it probably went better thank you think. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending