Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
anyway i'm off too :wavey:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
:s-smilie: ? Erm... ok. Bye :hello:
winj96
why have they got rid of the essay? i felt it was a really good idea, and i was really proud of mine.

They haven't as far as I know. But if you apply to a different college and get pooled, they don't ask you to write one after that.
Reply 1983
its just on the cambridge admissions website it no longer mentions the essay, under admissions tests and essays.
They asked me to submit three school essays :hmmmm: I only had two from E.Lit (I did Chem and Bio), and I ended up having to write one specially.
Captain Crash
As for essay length, they're usually about 3/4 sides of A4 (although some people in my year wrote exaustive essays of >10 pages sometimes :mad: ) so its not too much effort to write. And when you consider the diagrams you have to put in, its sometimes quicker to hand write them...

Well that doesn't seem all that bad. At least if you mean 3/4 sides of A4 in handwriting. And that's definitely true about the diagrams.. last year I had to hand in this pain in the ass internal assessment for maths (afoneleri, you know what I'm talking about since you did the IB too if I remember correctly) and it was like ten pages filled with diagrams done on the computer with this ancient calculator software. Man did that take time and energy! Anyways, what else do you do for assignments in medicine? I'm assuming lots of reading and then the essays of course, but besides that?
Oooh! I had an interview here ;yes; Fingers crossed I get it! :afraid:
talkativeme
Anyways, what else do you do for assignments in medicine? I'm assuming lots of reading and then the essays of course, but besides that?

You'll probably get given some maths questions to do in Biochemistry in lieu of essays. Reading of course is advisable but voluntary for your practicals and dissections. Actually in terms of set work there's not a lot - its being able to remember the sheer amount of info come exam time that the hard part....
Nice! Hope you get it! Richenda, are you lurking around TSR trying to get the 2000th post?:p:
Captain Crash
Actually in terms of set work there's not a lot - its being able to remember the sheer amount of info come exam time that the hard part....
I would image so :s-smilie:
talkativeme
Nice! Hope you get it!

talkativeme
Richenda, are you lurking around TSR trying to get the 2000th post?:p:
Nope. I'm lurking on TSR because I live here :ninja:
:laugh:
:dontknow: Sad but true :s-smilie:

On Sunday night I couldn't sleep at all :banghead: I gave up in the end.. but it ended up on me spending something stupid like 30 almost unbroken hours on here :hmmmm: :creep:
Is it true that Peterhouse are more accomodating of those of us CSAS cases with shaky academic records (albeit with a thankfully drastic upward curve now!)? I'm just curious as if so then this attitude, in my view, reflects wonderfully on the college.
Craghyrax
:dontknow: Sad but true :s-smilie:

On Sunday night I couldn't sleep at all :banghead: I gave up in the end.. but it ended up on me spending something stupid like 30 almost unbroken hours on here :hmmmm: :creep:

OMG, that must be some sort of a record! Hurry up and snatch the 2000th post, I'm thinking, you're worth it :wink:
happy cola
Is it true that Peterhouse are more accomodating of those of us CSAS cases with shaky academic records (albeit with a thankfully drastic upward curve now!)? I'm just curious as if so then this attitude, in my view, reflects wonderfully on the college.

I haven't a cooking clue. But if that is so, then it does explain why I got in on AAC.. :ninja: (IGCSEs: A,B,B,B,B,C,D) So possibly :dontknow:
talkativeme
OMG, that must be some sort of a record! Hurry up and snatch the 2000th post, I'm thinking, you're worth it :wink:

Why thankyou :girl:

:king1: WE DID IT!!! :dancing:

We are so the best college on TSR!!! :biggrin:
Reply 1997
well technically mine is the first post of the new millenium.. i can live with that :party:

ohh that looks like a cool job btw...
:laugh:

How are you?
Reply 1999
gd thanks, but annoyed with my mum for not accepting i'm not 12 any more... working hard at M&S - someone complimented the manager about me today :hubba:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending