The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Peterhouse (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
ukebert
I'm thinking that I may scrape into the lowest possible team. It looks fun anyway, and it'd stop me wasting my entire life sleeping as I seem to be programmed to do :frown:

Don't underrate wasting your entire life sleeping. It can be very stress-relieving.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 781
I don't like sleep. It seems to waste an awful amount of time, the natural sleep rhythms are easily moved (in my case at least), so you end up tired all the time, you can't get to sleep for ages, and waking up in the morning is one of the most unpleasant things I know of. I wish I didn't have to sleep :frown:
Reply 782
ukebert
I don't like sleep. It seems to waste an awful amount of time, the natural sleep rhythms are easily moved (in my case at least), so you end up tired all the time, you can't get to sleep for ages, and waking up in the morning is one of the most unpleasant things I know of. I wish I didn't have to sleep :frown:

Yep, row then, and get in the highest boat you can (I'm pretty sure there's only two anyway - if there's an M3 I haven't heard of it). You won't be doing much sleeping.
Reply 783
wanderer
Yep, row then, and get in the highest boat you can (I'm pretty sure there's only two anyway - if there's an M3 I haven't heard of it). You won't be doing much sleeping.

:smile:
ukebert

Sleep is overrated :p: *points to sig*
Reply 785
btw has anyone had a letter from peterhouse recently? someone on another thread said they had one about coming up to cambridge or something.
Reply 786
Oh yeah that was me. I've got two since my offer letter. The first was just asking me to choose which scheduled papers I wanted to do in first year (for MML), and the second was about accomodation prices and requesting that I send a photo for my University card. Has anyone written to officially confirm their acceptance of the offer though? Are you supposed to?
Reply 787
wanderer

We do have an M3, and a W2 - but M3 are the 'beer boat' and therefore very low commitment. Hopefully we'll get a low commitment W3 next term...but not sure it'll happen. And yes, rowing is definitely the best way to go about not sleeping. 6.30 at the boat house anyone?
Reply 788
yeah i wrote back, other than that all i had was the cambridge bursary thing, and hep B letter
Reply 789
afoneleri
We do have an M3, and a W2 - but M3 are the 'beer boat' and therefore very low commitment. Hopefully we'll get a low commitment W3 next term...but not sure it'll happen. And yes, rowing is definitely the best way to go about not sleeping. 6.30 at the boat house anyone?

Silly medic, sleep depriving yourself. She forgot to add rowing is the ultimate bestest way ever to make sure you get monumentously drunk and vomit all ovet the shop at least once a term. Apparently. Eugh.
Reply 790
winj96
yeah i wrote back, other than that all i had was the cambridge bursary thing, and hep B letter

Ah, I'll warn you now not to worry too much about hepB. A lot of PCTs have decided to stop giving the jabs to prospective students and say its the job of the university, while the university thinks it's the job of the PCTs... Ask your GP/nurse if you can have one. If you can, that's hyper ace. If you can't, don't worry, they tested us all when we got here and people who hadn't had it just got booked in to have it here. Just a heads up about arsey PCTs.
Reply 791
They tested us? Were we asleep? :eek:
Pechorin
Has anyone written to officially confirm their acceptance of the offer though? Are you supposed to?

I have. I thought it better not to risk it. Did it straight away..
Gary2688
Ah, I'll warn you now not to worry too much about hepB. A lot of PCTs have decided to stop giving the jabs to prospective students and say its the job of the university, while the university thinks it's the job of the PCTs... Ask your GP/nurse if you can have one. If you can, that's hyper ace. If you can't, don't worry, they tested us all when we got here and people who hadn't had it just got booked in to have it here. Just a heads up about arsey PCTs.

Ergh. I think I've probably had it.. I went to Tanzania and they gave me just about everything they could think of :s-smilie:
winj96
btw has anyone had a letter from peterhouse recently? someone on another thread said they had one about coming up to cambridge or something.

Folks back in England say I've been sent two letters from Cam. Have no idea what's in them though :s-smilie:
Reply 795
I've had a hep B letter and a photo letter.
It took me a very long time to persuade my doctor to let me have the jabs. Everyone says its someone elses responsibility! I now swear the nurse uses an extra-blunt needle with as much force as she can muster! :p: I'm also now waiting to see how much they charge me for it :s-smilie:
I think my favourite piece of information they ask for is 'diameter of BCG scar'. Does anyone know if this is relevant to anything - indication of level of immunity? :confused: I asked the nurse and she had no idea, but measured it anyway!

Craghyrax - one of the letters is probably the one asking for a photo for your student card by the 1st of May.
darzona
I've had a hep B letter and a photo letter.
It took me a very long time to persuade my doctor to let me have the jabs. Everyone says its someone elses responsibility! I now swear the nurse uses an extra-blunt needle with as much force as she can muster! :p: I'm also now waiting to see how much they charge me for it :s-smilie:

Well then I really hope that was one of the ones on my list! :s-smilie:

Darzona

Craghyrax - one of the letters is probably the one asking for a photo for your student card by the 1st of May.

Ah ok, thanks :smile:
Reply 797
Pechorin
Oh yeah that was me. I've got two since my offer letter. The first was just asking me to choose which scheduled papers I wanted to do in first year (for MML), and the second was about accomodation prices and requesting that I send a photo for my University card. Has anyone written to officially confirm their acceptance of the offer though? Are you supposed to?

I wrote soon afterwards, as an excuse for giving them more information about electronics should the worst happen, i.e. 1.5 hours teaching per week, coursework completely unsupervised...

There is a very real possibility that i'll get a B in Electronics, so I'm taking precautions now :smile:
ukebert
There is a very real possibility that i'll get a B in Electronics, so I'm taking precautions now :smile:

*winces* :ahhhhh:
Reply 799
Gary2688
Silly medic, sleep depriving yourself. She forgot to add rowing is the ultimate bestest way ever to make sure you get monumentously drunk and vomit all ovet the shop at least once a term. Apparently. Eugh.

mainly if you're Rob. Or Lewis. or Alan. Or I suppose most boaties. In my defence, I haven't thrown up after either of the boatie dinners this year. Though I did dive face first into the MCR carpet from halfway up a human pyramid last term...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending