The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Peterhouse (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

winj96

by the way... i think its about time we stop calling each other by our screen names lol.

James

If you seriously feel like burdening yourself to remember my name, I shan't stand in your way. That's very noble of you; its in my public profile. After all I reckon people will need to practise it quite a bit :laugh:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
ukebert
I missed it as well :frown: How could this happen?!

:flute:
ukebert
It's interesting that our thread is so much bigger than everyone elses.

Ok ok ok.. so I'm a spammer: I'm sorry alright!? :hmpf: (I reckon its probably my fault.. at least a bit :ninja:)
ukebert

I'm trying to steel myself to reply to my offers, I'm hesitating though. I'm still not 100% sure of my insurance. I'm not like some people who just have unconditional offers, and so can just laze around not doing any work :wink:
Lol..that wouldn't be those of us with full time jobs then.. :p:
ukebert

So, what's everyone's favourite flavour of ice cream?

Pistachio..but then the rhubarb I had the other day was also amazing ;yes;
winj96
*shakes hands with talkativeme* deal!

Deal.

winj96
by the way... i think its about time we stop calling each other by our screen names lol.

James

Could be a challenge but we can always try. Hi James. :hello:

//Rebecca
Reply 983
hmm pistachio... *drool*
real italian pistachio ice cream...
o btw i'm guessing the Rich bit if pronounced rish? thats not such a bad name, half the surnames where i live are french, so UK people tie themselves up in knots... eg.
baudains
le maistre
duquemin
No. Its old Tudor or something anglo. Its pronounced like Richard is. There's not a drop of French in me. Have a field day with my czech german surname if it gives you pleasure..
Reply 985
no no i wasnt suggesting you were french lol sorry if i'm just repeating what you must get all the time...
Lol.. I'm not really fussed. I've had 21 years of it :wink:
Reply 987
I don't think real names will do much good with me - James, I can guarantee that after knowing you for three years I will *still* be calling you Brian! For those lucky Petreans who have functioning brains, though, I'm John.

As for ice cream flavour, I've always loved triple chocolate. With chocolate sprinkles on top, and a stick of chocolate stuck in it. If at all possible, it should be served with chocolate sauce, or possibly creme de cacao. I'm a terrible person, I know! Mint choc chip and raspberry ripple are nice as well.

Also, these three videos are made of epic and win. They're professional parodies of 1980s educational documentaries, which sounds incredibly boring but isn't. They also vaguely resemble Monty Python in style, so bonus points there. Look Around You!
Reply 988
Hellooo, I'm suddenly having a panic attack about not having done any revision. You see, it went really well in the first week but I'm kinda going off the rails a bit since Monday. Anyways, enough of that. Ewwwwww- PISTACHIO??!?!?!!??!?! Rank! Personally I like the exotic Ben and Jerry's flavours, or strawberry, or cookies and cream. BTW, open question, Ben and Jerry;s or Hagen Dazs? The eternal dilemma.... My name's Chris incidentally, and good call James, I was starting to feel a bit strange calling people by the name of the instrument they play! (for example, sorry to single you out Ukebert.. Reveal yourself, this is getting far too Shakespearean for me.)
Reply 989
Haha.

I'm Owen, it's in my Public profile as well I think. Obviously I have some Welsh in me (my great grandfather was welsh). My great grandmother was scottish, another irish and another from Jersey. So I guess there is a bit of French in me :p:

As for ice cream, my favourite flavour is strawberry, by far. But it's got to be Hagen Dazs. They do such a delicious strawberry cheesecake.

Pechorin, no, sorry, Chris, I went off the rails last week, definately not the thing to do, it means that I'm struggling to finish the revision I had planned...

I know that if I ever get to Peterhouse that I'm still going to be thinking Craghyrax, Pechorin etc. instead of Richenda and Chris.

EDIT: just remembered that James (winj96) is from Jersey. In case you're interested, my jersey relative was the son of a south coast englishman and a jersey girl, jeune I think the surname was)
Pechorin
Ewwwwww- PISTACHIO??!?!?!!??!?! Rank!

Oi! :hmpf:
Pechorin
BTW, open question, Ben and Jerry;s or Hagen Dazs? The eternal dilemma....

Hagen Dazs! :p:
Pechorin
I was starting to feel a bit strange calling people by the name of the instrument they play! (for example, sorry to single you out Ukebert.. Reveal yourself, this is getting far too Shakespearean for me.)

..bu but I like usernames!!! :frown:
Fine *jumps on band-wagon* Richenda
Reply 992
Craghyrax
Fine *jumps on band-wagon* Richenda

:wink:
:yawn: I have to get up and do things today :banghead:
Reply 994
Yeah, I should be doing physics right this minute *sigh*
Meh..my friend has a massive party at the Ritz in London tomorrow and there's loads of..bleh..faffing to do :hmpf: (mainly in the clothing department..)
Reply 996
Sounds horrible :smile:
Reply 997
ukebert

my thoughts exactly... :cool:
revision sucks :bebored:
especially when you're only half doing it cos your spending too much time on TSR and facebook... :s-smilie:
ukebert

Thanks for being sympathetic.
Reply 999
winj96
my thoughts exactly... :cool:
revision sucks :bebored:
especially when you're only half doing it cos your spending too much time on TSR and facebook... :s-smilie:

my favourite smillie :bebored: I'm not signed up to facebook, I just can't afford another distraction :smile:

Craghyrax- you're welcome. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending