The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Peterhouse (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

talkativeme
Not really, not much at least. I just got another job over the summer so.. You working over the summer too?

Well seeing as my parents live in south africa and I support myself here, yes I will be working through the summer; I have to pay rent :p:
talkativeme

Hey! Cambridge and golf, it could happen :smile:

I was just pulling owen's leg, as both are associated with rich people :p:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
talkativeme
Hey! Cambridge and golf, it could happen :smile: I've been playing golf since forever. It really is a fun sport even though so many people disagree with that. But it does demand patience. Btw, Owen you should totally take up golf and then when you come to Cambridge next year we should definitely play. Although I should probably warn you... I'm awesome :p: :biggrin:

Well I've never picked up a club in my life, so it could be a short game...
Craghyrax
Well seeing as my parents live in south africa and I support myself here, yes I will be working through the summer; I have to pay rent :p:

Well then, I guess it'll be a working summer for the both of us. It's probably a good thing though.. having something keeping you busy. :smile: Although not so fun when it's hot outside and all you want to do is go to the beach with your friends. So are you originally from south africa or you just moved there for some reason?

Craghyrax
I was just pulling owen's leg, as both are associated with rich people :p:

I figured you meant either that or that both take time. Golf takes a lot of your time! I competed for a couple of years when I was younger and you really have to practise almost every day to stay on top of your game. And plus it's not like tennis or anything like that that you can just play for an hour when you feel like it. Playing 18 holes takes at least 3,5 hours. Although golf isn't really just a sport for rich people anymore, not in Sweden at least. I see the point you were making though :p:
ukebert
Well I've never picked up a club in my life, so it could be a short game...

Never too late to try though... plus that's why, in golf, we have the whole handicap concept.. to even out the playing fields :smile:
Yes, my knowledge of golf is only from watching the masters and reading pg wodehouse, so I'm going to have to read up on the rules etc.

I knew what Craghyrax meant :wink:
ukebert
I knew what Craghyrax meant :wink:

You're good like that :five:
talkativeme
So are you originally from south africa or you just moved there for some reason?

My family moved out there when I was three. Much of my extended family are in the UK.

talkativeme
I figured you meant either that or that both take time. Golf takes a lot of your time! I competed for a couple of years when I was younger and you really have to practise almost every day to stay on top of your game. And plus it's not like tennis or anything like that that you can just play for an hour when you feel like it. Playing 18 holes takes at least 3,5 hours. Although golf isn't really just a sport for rich people anymore, not in Sweden at least. I see the point you were making though :p:

Yeh..climbing's a bit like that.. you park your car (hypothetically) then there's usually a walk in to the crag, then you have to put all your gear on, etc..and once you've committed to a route and are halfway up putting your gear in, there's no opt out until you reach the top :p: and even then your second still has to follow and take out all the gear you put in. It takes awhile :smile: Of course indoor climbing is much quicker..but nobody would pay for entry and not make good use of their time, so a session is usually 3/4hrs at least!
You think that takes time, try playing a hand of barbu :p:

Craghyrax, do you have a cool afrikaans accent like my physics teacher?

I've been climbing a couple of times (just indoor wall) but I prefer scrambling. Less dizzying drops :s-smilie:
ukebert
Craghyrax, do you have a cool afrikaans accent like my physics teacher?

:eek: *shocked and horrified* No!!! :hmpf:

But respect for spelling 'Afrikaans' right!!! :adore:
Aww shame :p:
ukebert
Aww shame :p:

Afrikaans accents are horrid!
I like them :smile:

but others don't I know. I have a slightly posher s'norbans accent, which is about as uninteresting as you can get :frown:
's'norbans'!?! :wtf?:
That's how people from st albans say st albans. Although I sound posher than that. I pronounce the T.

the one thing I like about our conservative MP is that she says s'norbans, its really funny on PM QT.
ukebert
...the one thing I like about our conservative MP is that she says s'norbans, its really funny on PM QT.

:laugh:
Reply 1195
Urgh. I've been snowed under (metaphorically ofcourse since the weather been too lovely for snow, though stranger things have happened, like that earthquake in Kent; did anyone else immediately think of the Harry Potter books and DOOM!?) with mocks and work and yuck. So I am very late in replying to some questions
winj96
vesicle what's your offer for? welcome to the forum! :smile:

[QUOTE="darzona"]Firstly, Happy Birthday Owen! :cake:

Hello Vesicle. Am I right in thinking you're applying this year?

QUOTE]

I am a measly Year 12, I'm hoping to apply to Peterhouse for Medicine this October because Peterhouse seems like such an amazing college. Though it is a rather scary coincidence that my headteacher's son has an offer to study there for next year; and even worse my tutor had a talk with me today in which she "encouraged" me to go to the head and ask for her son's email address. *imagines scene*

um, do you have to hold an offer to post on here? because I will go away and curl up into a even tinier capsule if you do.
Vesicle
like that earthquake in Kent; did anyone else immediately think of the Harry Potter books and DOOM!?)

There was an earthquake in Kent? #zomg#

Vesicle

..my headteacher's son has an offer to study there for next year; and even worse my tutor had a talk with me today in which she "encouraged" me to go to the head and ask for her son's email address. *imagines scene*

:toofunny: !!
Vesicle

um, do you have to hold an offer to post on here? because I will go away and curl up into a even tinier capsule if you do.

Nah! Don't be silly! How nasty would that be!? :s-smilie:
Vesicle
I am a measly Year 12, I'm hoping to apply to Peterhouse for Medicine this October because Peterhouse seems like such an amazing college. Though it is a rather scary coincidence that my headteacher's son has an offer to study there for next year; and even worse my tutor had a talk with me today in which she "encouraged" me to go to the head and ask for her son's email address. *imagines scene*

Haha, that made me laugh. It's so similar to things that I've gone through... Pembroke was out as a college 'cause one of my dad's friends is an engineering lecturer there. I could get him for tutorials, now that would be embarrassing.
I caved! I just joined facebook :redface: Crap. I said I would wait until October but I had nothing better to do so I just accidentally ended up on facebook's site and then accidentally registered.. Funny how these things happen :wink:

Now, I think I will just go out, sit in the sun (because the weather is lovely today) and think about what I have done..
I got an automated email saying my cousin had added me to facebook, but I still haven't joined! :proud:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending