How did it go?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
These were your second year exams?
Reply 1382
If his expression was anything to go by, it went pretty well today:biggrin:
Reply 1383
And I live! D1 Maths is dead dead dead and from here on out the only Computer Science I'll be doing is decent Computer Science, with Maths and proofs and programming and everything other than rote execution of algorithms!

Phew. Anyway, I was pushed for time at the end, but if the grade boundaries are like they were in 2005 (62ish/75 for 100 UMS in both papers), I reckon I've got full UMS. So that's three down, thirteen to go.

Hope yours went well too - drink well!
D1, shudder :rolleyes:

I got 71 in that one...

My FP2 is on thursday, and electronics, as I'm sure you're aware Fafnir, the tuesday after that. I had a horrible nightmare about the electronics last night, suffice it to say I ended up doing the exam at 6 o clock int he morning in my pyjamas and dressing gown, so now i'm pretty petrified :biggrin:
Reply 1385
all maths in general *shudder*
Captain Crash
Finished!!!

Now to find some beer......

Cheers! :cheers:
winj96

Have you started your exams yet?
winj96

Couldn't agree more. It's maths that's going to drag me back to cambridge for resits I fear...

hope everyone else's exams are going better than mine!
Reply 1389
talkativeme
Have you started your exams yet?

nah first one is next wednesday, even then only critical thinking. first proper one is field and particle physics next thursday. last one on the 27th (Chem AEA which I WILL fail, having looked at the past papers).

oh and i don't actually do maths, couldnt stand the thought of two more years of quadratic equations.
Reply 1390
oh and out of interest where do you actually do your exams in cam? i know oxford have the Exam Schools or something.
Depends on subject - ours are on the Sidgwick site, where all the arts subject stuff is, for example. I think some Tripos exams can optionally be taken in college as well, although I don't know if Peterhouse does that for any of them. Prelims seem to be done in college, but that might not always be the case - I don't know, we don't have them.
I'm sitting most of mine in New Museum site, which is one of the places we have lectures. Some of the other medics have to go to a church about a 20min walk away though...
winj96

:dito:
Aww come on, Maths is lovely :smile: There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you solve a complicated equation and get a nice answer at the end of it, with lots of cancelling and things.
Yeh..for those of us who SOLVE THE EQUATIONS, and FIND answers!! :rolleyes: :banghead:
Reply 1396
Oh nooo... Now I'm going to get that dream every night until the exam! :eek:

ukebert
Aww come on, Maths is lovely :smile: There's nothing quite like the feeling you get when you solve a complicated equation and get a nice answer at the end of it, with lots of cancelling and things.

We're on the same wavelength here, I think. Good luck on the FP2!

Craghyrax
Yeh..for those of us who SOLVE THE EQUATIONS, and FIND answers!!

Well, at least if you're doing SPS you'll never have to do any maths again for the rest of your life. If it helps, I feel the same way about essay-writing...
Fafnir

Well, at least if you're doing SPS you'll never have to do any maths again for the rest of your life. If it helps, I feel the same way about essay-writing...

;no; I'll have a decent share of statistics in all of the practical research skills I'm taught. Luckily for me I've already had to beat my way through some of it in A level Bio, unlike most of the other kids on the course who will have done Eng, History, Politics..etc :hubba:
Reply 1398
hmm SPS sounds cool...
Quadratics are important, but they aren't the be all and end all...

How's electronics revision going Fafnir? :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending