The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Peterhouse (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Craghyrax
You know.. I think its conceivable we may make 2000 posts on this thread by October. Possibly before any of the other colleges even reach 1000! :laugh:

Give us two months I say :wink:

Darzona
I think this knowledge of each others' posting habits and the amount of time we spend on here may now be approaching the somewhat... odd?

Odd? Yes, quite possibly so.. Or, we could always choose to see it as a good sign... we like talking to each other? October will be greater that way? We now know some freshers already? :p:
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 1781
Yeah but if noone had celebrated your 17th birthday, would you have accepted the reasoning that after 16 parties it had all become a bit old hat? Lol perhaps I am overreacting. Also I meant our general posting frequency rather than our readiness to celebrate posting milestones...
Reply 1782
talkativeme

Odd? Yes, quite possibly so.. Or, we could always choose to see it as a good sign... we like talking to each other? October will be greater that way? We now know some freshers already? :p:

good point, there will be at least 4 names that i wont forget during fresher's week!
Reply 1783
talkativeme
Give us two months I say :wink:

This is true. We should see it as a positive thing- of the 11 people going up from my school, most are extremely odd, even by mathmo standards lol. Good to find out that they are the exception that proves the rule!
Reply 1784
winj96
belated congratulations. no i doubt we are being more sociable, its just that we would have congratulated people 17 times so far if we did it for every 100, a bit like birthdays which start off being very exciting and then at some point its jsut a case of realising you've wasted yet another year of your rapidly shortening life...

Well that's cheerful :s-smilie:

Talkativeme - you are assuming that 'odd' is not a good thing. In fact, 'odd' is simply an alternative adjective for use instead of 'great' or 'lovely' or similar :wink:
Pechorin
Lol I'm disgusted that noone has noticed my achievement of getting the 1700th post. Also I cannot decide whether it is a positive or negative thing that we have such a high post count. Are we more sociable or do we just have too much time on our hands? I know I've kinda missed the boat with this topic but I would say snow patrol werent good before final straw, both most recent albums are good in small doses, they are overplayed. I've seen them about a million times so its daft punk all the way. Only 2 days to go! Also, James, just one word- smooth... :p:

I think our college evidently attracts internet addicts. There's nothing else to it. Its the same with the Facebook group. The Peterhouse group are ten times more active than my SPS group..and even the main fresher group relatively speaking..

Ok so you count Final Straw as one of the good ones then?
Reply 1786
i'm sorry i was going to be apologise for being such a pessimist :p:
11 people! thats quite impressive. we have 2 at cambridge, 3 at oxford (obviously much easier to get in, lower standards :wink:)
winj96
good point, there will be at least 4 names that i wont forget during fresher's week!

Yeh... I have grown rather fond of you guys :p:
Only one from my college :itsme:
Reply 1789
Yeh... I have grown rather fond of you guys

;grouphugs;
Reply 1790
No idea how many we have, at least 2 successful Cambridge applicants and lots of Oxford applicants (don't know how many successdul), especially lots of Oxford medics - far more people apply there, I think because it's so much closer. Or alternatively because they're all just silly :wink:
Reply 1791
i think its St Pauls Girls School are sending something like 54/70 of their pupils to oxbridge :eek:
Reply 1792
Craghyrax
I think our college evidently attracts internet addicts. COLOR]

I love the way you quoted me to make that point! :p: Yeah final straws pretty good, tbh SP are always a slow burn, it sort of grows on you, nice for background music and stuff. However I refer you to Noel Gallagher's famous dismissal of Coldplay as "music for bedwetters" which basically applies to everything in the 'soft indie' genre..
Reply 1793
winj96
i think its St Pauls Girls School are sending something like 54/70 of their pupils to oxbridge :eek:

:eek:
Pechorin
I love the way you quoted me to make that point! :p:

Really? :biggrin: Why? :p:

Pechorin
However I refer you to Noel Gallagher's famous dismissal of Coldplay as "music for bedwetters" which basically applies to everything in the 'soft indie' genre..

:eek: Death!!! #reaper#
I went to Cricklade College (which has a few nastier nicknames I won't quote here :p:) Erm.. I think they've had 7 people go to Oxbridge in 35years or something :ninja:
Reply 1796
lol I like some of it myself! Still a fair point though, I can only take it in very small doses.. Atm I'm liking Calvin Harris and CSS- but music like that only depresses me during revision period. Its good to hear it all again! Let me recommend downloading Tom's Diner by DNA ft Susanne Vega. Awesome!
Reply 1797
11 is quite high by Irish standards I think, our mathmos and medics are all pretty good. Weirdly it seems that none of the top people applied to Oxford, about 30 chancers, 2 got in. School was unpleased lol.
Reply 1798
two words: bloc.party.
darzona
Well that's cheerful :s-smilie:

Talkativeme - you are assuming that 'odd' is not a good thing. In fact, 'odd' is simply an alternative adjective for use instead of 'great' or 'lovely' or similar :wink:

I assume too much! :redface: :p: of course you didn't mean odd as in 'strange' or 'weird' or 'scary' etc. etc. :wink:

And Richenda, I agree with you. You are a likable bunch.. and as it turns out, rather time consuming too... or maybe that's just internet in general :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending