The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
ApeXaviour
Some of my friends used to do it a lot (thankfully not anymore). I'll even admit to trying it a couple times when drunk and not being impressed with its effects. My city is currently awash with it. A person who's used to it can very easily do £200 worth in one night without risk of O.D. Mostly cos it's "cut" (diluted with baking soda usually) to pieces.

On its own in small amounts the odd time is not very harmful. Trouble is it's addictive as hell. People end up not being able to enjoy a night out or a party without coke. They become boring and you end up tearing into your savings just so you can have a good time. They end up doing too much and going on crazy psychotic drug-fuelled binges. They can become extremely paranoid and aggressive too with longterm overuse.

You say your bf is a student and you don't know where he gets the money? From experience I've seen people fund their habit by buying more than they need, cutting it, using some and selling the rest for the same price they bought it (cos it's cut). Now he's probably not, nevertheless this what would really worry me.

so if u did it once... just a little bit u wudnt die or anything? like when u rub it on ur gums does it actually do anything or do u have to snort it?

in a way i kinda think if i WAS gonna give him an ultimatum i shud at least see what it does b4 nagging about it! (dont start shouting at me coz im 99% not gonna do it)
Reply 21
Kittennffc
Like MNB said, do the ultimatum after you've tried to talk him out of drugs, sorry I didn't make it clear!

I didn't mean to offend when I said "I've never even tried a cigarette and just find polluting your body with crap utterly ridiculous", thats just my opinion

lol i wasnt being funny i was just trying to say im not like u... i do pollute my body so i could be abit of a hypocrite judging him...
Anonymous
my boyfriend does coke... i dont do it and dont intend to coz im very antil drugs!

It is a hard drug and highly illegal.
Coke addicts have killed people while stoned. I would break up with him ASAP.
Yeah, doing drugs is such a risky game compared to smoking though! When you smoke, you know whats in it, and you're not going to die from OD-ing, or anything like that.

Drugs, like ApeXaviour said, can be cut with all sorts of crap to make it cheaper etc, Its so much more dangerous. Theres a reason its illegal and smoking isn't.

I read something ages ago saying that they use brick dust, ant powder, talcum powder, and all sorts of highly toxic things in it :frown:
Reply 24
fundamentally

cheers... that hasnt scared me :frown:
Reply 25
fundamentally

Oh yeah thats right he does cocaine hes not worth it dump him, without even trying to talk with him rationally about it first and considering maybe theres personal issues he has which makes him take it???
Reply 26
MNBStyle
It depends how good the quality of the cocaine is and how much in weight you ask for, but a kilogram would usually cost over £1,000
But for small amounts it would usually be about £50

I only know about sheffield but its £25 a gram, a gram making 10-20 lines (probably more like 20 if he's just started using it) a line lasting about 25 minutes. so its actually surprisingly cheap.

It is very addictive, i've had a bit of experience with friends who got addicted to coke and tbh, if they know all the facts there's little you can do. I mean if he knows everything about it, and its risks and still wants to take it its his choice to make.

But you should definatley let him know how you feel about it, make sure you're totally clued up on it before you approach the topic, and definatley approach it from the 'I not sure want to be going out with someone who takes drugs', or 'its worrying me' than the 'you'll get addicted and it'll ruin your life'.
Reply 27
Kittennffc
Yeah, doing drugs is such a risky game compared to smoking though! When you smoke, you know whats in it, and you're not going to die from OD-ing, or anything like that.

Drugs, like ApeXaviour said, can be cut with all sorts of crap to make it cheaper etc, Its so much more dangerous. Theres a reason its illegal and smoking isn't.

i smoke weed tho... and i drink loads and he never complains
Reply 28
Anonymous
i smoke weed tho... and i drink loads and he never complains

smoking weed is a world away from coke though. no-one has ever died from being stoned.
Reply 29
KidA
smoking weed is a world away from coke though. no-one has ever died from being stoned.

im sure someone probably has... theres ALWAYS someone
Reply 30
Anonymous

Yeah only by a accident when stoned like driving etc
Reply 31
MNBStyle
Yeah only by a accident when stoned like driving etc

lol i dunno?!

i wasnt really comparing the drugs... more like the habits... i have mine and he has his... so am i being a hypocrite?!
Reply 32
Anonymous
lol i dunno?!

i wasnt really comparing the drugs... more like the habits... i have mine and he has his... so am i being a hypocrite?!

No because hes dealing with a dangerous drug which he can go to jail for
I lived with people last year who were complete stoners, and I probably got high from the fumes lol, but its a lot more acceptable within society, and a hell of a lot safer than coke! Its often taken on proven medical grounds that it can ease the suffering of many illnesses such as MS.

Coke is a dangerous, dangerous drug. Your boyfriend cannot really argue with taking coke compared to weed and alcohol.

Why do you think people made such a fuss of Kate Moss seen taking lines of coke? It lost her millions of pounds worth of contracts because its promoting such a bad image! Shes not returning to the UK because she will get questioned by the Police. If your boyfriend gets caught, hes in deep ****
Reply 34
Anonymous

nope believe me the correct wording is

"there are no recorded fatalities of direct cannabis intoxication"

cocaine on the other hand is about 200 a year.
Reply 35
MNBStyle
No because hes dealing with a dangerous drug which he can go to jail for

thanks for advice... im gonna sleep on it and see how i feel in the morning
Reply 36
Anonymous
thanks for advice... im gonna sleep on it and see how i feel in the morning

Fair enough feel free to come bk tomorrow night if you need to talk about it more
Actually, stoned drivers tend to be fairly safe because of the paranoia causing them to drive at an absolute snails pace.

Please get some official information on drugs. Do not listen to what people say on here about the effects since most of them clearly know very little (but that's ok, thankfully, there are better sources out there which are fully researched) :smile:

I suggest you also pay close attention to the drugs, which when mixed with cocaine, can cause really serious problems. Especially Cocaethylene (mixing cocaine with alcohol).

The cost varies from around £25 a gram at the lowish end to about £40 a gram. It's relatively cheap at the moment since MDMA crystal is becoming much more trendy.
Reply 38
yea my friend is a stoner and he's the best driver EVER!
Reply 39
Anonymous
yea my friend is a stoner and he's the best driver EVER!

Thats lovely lol he must be michael shucmacher then

Latest

Trending

Trending