The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Anonymous
Just out of curiosity....how would you know if you were pregnant when on the pill? Would you just not get your 6/7 days of bleeding? Also, what is the chance of getting pregnant when on the pill? (the full pill) Thanks,
xx

The pill is something like 99% effective

You could get all the normal pregnancy symptoms e.g. morning sickness, nausea, tender breasts etc

Not having bleeding is not necessarily an accurate indicator of pregnancy as some people continue to have spotting whilst pregnant which could be classed as a period if you didn;t know.............
Sometimes you dont have your "period" anyway in your weeks break whislt you're on the pill, even if you're not pregnant. I'm not sure why this is, it just says that this happens and is quite common in the leaflet in my pill packet.
You have all the normal symptoms of pregnancy, plus no periods.
Reply 3
You can have your period even if you have fallen pregnant while taking the pill.
It is less likely you will, but it can happen.
This is because you dont have a proper period while on the pill, but a `withdrawl` bleed therefore if you stop taking the pill for your week-break, you can still bleed as a reaction, even if you are pregnant.

However more than likely you would miss your period, and have all the usual pregnancy symptoms.

I do a pregnancy test every 2-3months just to be sure, but Im quite paranoid :rolleyes:
^^ I'm the same, ellewoods. I am VERY paranoid! :p:
Reply 5
Thank you :smile:
lil_lee and ellewoods, I'm also tres paranoid about these sorts of things! Cant help it:-(
xxx

Latest

Trending

Trending