The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What other names has he got?
Name the second child Magneto for the lulz.

So when they fight each other it will sound epic when trying to break them up.
Why does it have to be a "typical muslim name", the kid may be an atheist or convert to buddhism as far as we know. Just give him a name which sounds nice and has a good meaning, if he wants to change his name to a more arabic name when hes older, hes more than welcome.

Unfortunately, giving him a "muslim name" may have negative consequences from bullying during his childhood, the arabic is very noticeable and can be awkward to pronounce. Giving him a name with a nice meaning (which doesnt stick out like a sore thumb) could save him a lot of stress.

For example, Karenza (I know its a girls name but it was the first I thought of) means peace and love. This should be acceptable by Islamic standards as it has a righteous meaning. There are all sorts of nice names about! Adam is a nice name and should be acceptable :smile:

Congratulations by the way, I hope you find a name for your boy soon :smile:
Tell him when he gets the honour of actually HAVING the child after hours of intensely painful labour he can pick whatever name he wants.

Until then, final say goes to the one who's literally being ripped open from the inside to give birth.
There are Muslims named Xavier... you can check on Google by typing Xavier arabic name. Maybe he just doesn't like the name. Both me and my partner are of the same religion and ethnicity and still choosing a name was a battle because all individuals have their own preference and the whole idea is to try and choose one both parents like.
Reply 65
Original post by NaNaRouge2
There are Muslims named Xavier... you can check on Google by typing Xavier arabic name. Maybe he just doesn't like the name. Both me and my partner are of the same religion and ethnicity and still choosing a name was a battle because all individuals have their own preference and the whole idea is to try and choose one both parents like.

8 year old thread.
Oh well tell him u don’t like ur bfs name but you’ve had to put up with it
Theres bigger problems in life.

Latest

Trending

Trending