The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I expected higher - not because people make me afraid/anxious rather, because I dislike many people.
Original post by The Procrastinator
Robots! Now that is more like it :biggrin: I will bear it in mind if I do decide to go there. Thanks for your advice :smile:

No worries :smile:
I got 74. I thought it would have come out a lot higher :-S
I got 24... Is there something wrong with me

Everyone seems to be getting 50+

I FAILED ... =P
lol

I have been diagnosed with anxiety, but this test seems to deal with social anxiety. Which I used to suffer from but luckily I can say I feel completely comfortable with most social situations now.

It felt good to go through all the questions, and being able to say I don't fear situations that I used to freak out in.
Haha 81...oh god
56 :ahee:
I got 92, which apparently means I have severe social anxiety, but I'm almost certain I don't... I always just thought that I was just rather shy... :s-smilie:

I guess you have to factor in the self-report issue with this kind of thing...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S A510e
75! Oh dear! I think this is a fancy term for being "nervous!" or "lacking confidence!" But still the questions are definitely the right ones to ask!
Reply 189
108 :frown:
60. I have general anxiety, but I'm not SO bad with people (anymore :P)
44. Quite odd, because I think I do suffer from anxiety.
Reply 193
41 :cool:
Reply 194
5. Have a mild fear of eating in public and taking exams testing my skills. Mainly because I feel I'll forget or make silly errors. I often avoid eating in public too.
Reply 195
34 (fear) + 39 (avoidance) = 73

I'm not surprised. I'm really shy and I hate public speaking. Oddly enough I never had a problem with it at school but I find it hard to give a professional speech at uni without palm cards or any type of prompt. It makes me so nervous and I end up forgetting what I want to say!
105... That's about what I was expecting :/

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 197
Moderate social anxiety

eh I guess I'm quite shy, but nothing that's really problematic. Hmmm... lol. 59.
Reply 198
Original post by hellomoto170
39 which means I apparently don't, but some aspects of it I really am terrified of, E.G I HATE walking into a room where people are already sat and having to say hello to them all, also I have a huge fear of giving speeches on stage to an audience.

Same here I try to get places early so I am seated the same time as everyone else. I once went to watch a friend performe in theatre but as I got there ten minutes late I waited out side untill they had a break :s-smilie: the thought of walking in and them all watching me ... not good! :smile:
82. Severe Social Anxiety apparently. Yet I'm seeking a career which is public focused. hmmm.
I wish I'd taken this years ago when I really was socially phobic, would be interesting to have known my score!

Latest

Trending

Trending