The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

44. Meh.

I hate giving presentations on my own, to a large group. Small classroom sized groups is slightly better.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
80. Oh dear :frown:
86. Joining the social anxiety party!
40 (fear) + 32 (avoidance) = 72

Interesting... I knew I had some issues with anxiety but all the same, those questions made me think.
98.......... I thought I was all right, damn
Reply 25
35 which is higher than i thought it would be, i love being the centre of attention...
133. FML. Still - I have been diagnosed with severe generalised anxiety (having a terrifying fear of everything, anything and anyone) so that does not surprise me.

It's a fun life :biggrin::biggrin:

Thankfully I've got a pyschiatrist and my GP helping me, otherwise I'd go insane.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27

like i didnt know
Reply 28
Original post by -aimz
80. Oh dear :frown:

:'(
Reply 29
34. I hate being the centre of attention and being judged so things like giving speeches, presentations etc I just hate.
11 (fear) + 4 (avoidance) = 15
You do not suffer from social anxiety disorder.

Not surprised. I've often been described as an attention seeker since a little kid. Hey how was I suppose to know it was HIS birthday? :erm:
Reply 31
122... I think I have social anxiety. I need to see someone about it, but it's kinda bad when what's preventing you is the condition you need to see them about. :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
107. I'm undiagnosed though. My doctor thinks there is nothing majorly wrong with me.
I scored 5, which is good as I thought I had anxiety but it clearly doesn't really affect my life. Just got to keep on top of it!
Reply 34
-22 :lolwut:
Reply 35
on some days its worse than others.
Has anyone been to the docs? Ive been told to go but ive never bothered, really should though.
Reply 36
Original post by Mockery
Because it is inappropriate for the younger TSRians :frown: apparently.

Ah.

But they can still open spoilers??
Original post by cakes?

Has anyone been to the docs? Ive been told to go but ive never bothered, really should though.

It's been suggested I should, but frankly I like who I am at the moment, and I don't want people trying to change that to make me more 'normal'. My insecurities are as much a part of my personality as anything else. :tongue:
Reply 38
Original post by acceptingme
I don't have social anxiety however I do get very anxious in the fact that I never feel what I'm doing is good enough and I'm always worried people are talking about me behind my back.

I think I get this too. Sometimes everything is black or white; either right or VERY wrong. I fcuking hate anxiety so much. Do u take any meds?
Reply 39
i got 83:severe social anxiety disorder, which isnt that surprising as i'm very shy until i get to know someone most of the time and do get really anxious/terrified doing a lot of stuff - like going certain places alone, using the telephone, meeting new people, speaking in front of crowds/groups, etc.

i am getting better though as my placements are kinda forcing me to do some of these things more but some of it still terrifies me and i do get mild panic attacks quite a bit so really not surprised about my result, actually pretty surprised it wasnt a higher score, must be getting better than i thought.lol

Latest

Trending

Trending