The Student Room Group

Good Television Society Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
What new shows are you lot going to be watching next season?

http://tvline.com/2012/05/12/new-fall-tv-shows-2012-list-preview-photos-videos-nbc-cbs-fox-cw-abc/

There's not many that appeal to me this year. Just two NBC sitcoms that look decent

Also, The Newsroom (obv)
Reply 781
I may give Revolution a go, although I'm not completely sold by the trailer. I can't seem to remember the last time a really decent new drama has come out of Network television
Original post by Pheylan

http://tvline.com/2012/05/12/new-fall-tv-shows-2012-list-preview-photos-videos-nbc-cbs-fox-cw-abc/

There's not many that appeal to me this year. Just two NBC sitcoms that look decent

Also, The Newsroom (obv)

I think I can tell I almost definitely won't like these without watching the trailers. ;p

Vegas, Revolution and Red Widow looked like the best of those.

I might give Do No Harm a go.

I second 'network television usually sux'.
I've now watched five episodes of Arrested Development and must confess I just don't get the plaudits. It's like 30 Rock -- I'm on season 3, it's a 'laugh on the inside' kind of show. Clever but not necessarily laugh out loud funny but I appreciate the wit and multitude of references. I admit to finding Modern Family funnier in a sense. Maybe this is because when I put on a comedy I shut off and let it do it's thing so I don't want a subtle variety of jokes all the time.

Malcolm in the Middle was bloody good too in the day. Another reason why I like Breaking Bad (Bryan Cranston).
Malcolm In The Middle ****ing sucked. And I hated Cranston in it.

The first thing I remember seeing him in was The X-Files, and he was (I think) one of the more memorable villains of the week kinda characters. But I really can't stand MITM. I started watching Breaking Bad when it first aired and part of what got me hooked was that he was just so ****ing good by comparison.

Latest Mad Men episode. ;<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

AND WE THOUGHT PEGGY LEAVING WAS SAD.
Reply 785
New series poster.

Reply 786
Recently got into Louie. Really enjoying it so far...
Original post by Roobsa
New series poster.

:adore:
Reply 788
Hi, I'm a newbie here, some of the shows I like to watch are Friday Night Lights, Blue Bloods and Hawaii five-0 does anyone else like these? :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Roobsa
New series poster.

Damn. Can't wait!
Just updated my sig too lol
Original post by Pheylan
Finished with exams, time to get TV-watching. About to start on Luck

A-Levels?

Last few Community episodes were either in-your-face-awesome or merely okay. I felt like the finale was rushed into but the episode before that was pretty good. Nice to see a cameo from Hermanos Pollos. Also liked the one episode long Chang-Pierce bromance.

Here's to hoping that next season doesn't suck. I can't help but feel a little disappointed, though. I now know how my old teachers may have felt when they said "Oh, but he had so much potential...".

---

Also wrote something a few weeks ago. Made a thread about it here. May have some influences of the TV shows I watch seeing as I've been spending more and more time with TV shows and barely any with books as of late.
Reply 791
Original post by Lilium
A-Levels?

Nah, first year of uni
Original post by Yawn11

And HIMYM, TBBT, TAHM aren't too bad.

Completely agree :five:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by SimpleGirl
Completely agree :five:

If GG = Gossip Girl...what drugs are you on?:biggrin:
Original post by Lilium
If GG = Gossip Girl...what drugs are you on?:biggrin:

Oh no no, I don't watch GG.
My bad, I should have edited his post - I meant I completely agree with most of what he said :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 795
Original post by Roobsa
New series poster.

July better hurry up! I'm already low on Breaking Bad fix! :P
Reply 796
Original post by Pheylan

Also, The Newsroom (obv)

Didn't the last Matthew Perry show get cancelled?
I am really looking forward to the Newsroom. I am huge fan of Aaron Sorkin's writing. :biggrin:
Reply 797
Anyone here watch Revenge? I'm bored so I'm giving it a go. The main girl is cute.
Original post by Deshi
Anyone here watch Revenge? I'm bored so I'm giving it a go. The main girl is cute.

Having read over the Wikipedia page I think I'll stick with Nikita for when I want some crappy REVENGEY ****.

;((

man's man
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest