4. Did you enjoy them?

Just curious :smile:

maths, f maths, physics, geog
sciences was light, geog was hard and time consuming
yup thoroughly!
Reply 61
5 A2
maths, further math, bio chem phys

i wanted to drop out of further maths the whole time, but it went well in the end. Workload was much easier than expected. I really enjoyed my subjects and did olympiads as well
1. 4, and two AS
2. Biology, Literature, History, General Studies - AS in Spanish and EPQ (is that an AS? I don't even know XD)
3. Year 12 was pretty awful because Spanish was taking the p*ss, but by A2 I got confident enough to tell teachers to shove it because a lot of the homework was not as beneficial to me as my own revision
4. Biology was interesting, I liked Literature because I had a really good tutor (teachers were appalling), my History teacher was a really good teacher so I enjoyed the lessons and therefore the subject matter, General Studies was a waste of time + we didn't have G.S lessons in year 13, I hated Spanish, and EPQ was really good because I was left alone to do what I wanted :biggrin:
7 AS
English
History
Politics
Economics
Maths
Further Maths
Philosophy

im probably gonna drop philosophy and politics for A2

Original post by yzzyzzyzzy
1. 4, and two AS
2. Biology, Literature, History, General Studies - AS in Spanish and EPQ (is that an AS? I don't even know XD)
3. Year 12 was pretty awful because Spanish was taking the p*ss, but by A2 I got confident enough to tell teachers to shove it because a lot of the homework was not as beneficial to me as my own revision
4. Biology was interesting, I liked Literature because I had a really good tutor (teachers were appalling), my History teacher was a really good teacher so I enjoyed the lessons and therefore the subject matter, General Studies was a waste of time + we didn't have G.S lessons in year 13, I hated Spanish, and EPQ was really good because I was left alone to do what I wanted :biggrin:

EPQ isn't an AS but its worth quite alot of UCAS points which is good if you're applying to a uni which gives offers based on the UCAS tariff
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rugbyladosc

7 AS
English
History
Politics
Economics
Maths
Further Maths
Philosophy

im probably gonna drop philosophy and politics for A2

Wow fair enough, how's that for a workload?

Why no main sciences?
Reply 65
1. How many did you take? 5.5
2. What were they? Maths, Further Maths, Addition Further Maths (AS), Physics, Geography, General Studies
3. How did you find The workload? Not too bad, got worse when I took up the AS level but even then it was bearable.
4. Did you enjoy them? Yea mostly, geography got boring towards the end/middle :tongue:
Original post by Lukedavidhopkins1
Wow fair enough, how's that for a workload?

Why no main sciences?

Pretty easy, I study Economics outside school. And why would I want to do sciences? I have respect for the subjects and people who study them but I don't want to work in a scientific/research field.
Pretty easy, I study Economics outside school. And why would I want to do sciences? I have respect for the subjects and people who study them but I don't want to work in a scientific/research field.

Just curious why so many subjects and no sciences :smile: is it easy to learn economics on your own?
Reply 68
1. 4 A levels, 1 AS, general studies AS + A2
2. maths, further maths, physics, chemistry, AS french, general studies.
3. was OK, it varies a lot for everyone. some people in my maths class did no revision and will get A*s, some did quite a bit and will get A*s
4. enjoyed maths, physics and chemistry were ok, french was a pain having to learn vocab, general studies was a waste of time.
Just curious why so many subjects and no sciences :smile: is it easy to learn economics on your own?

I wouldn't say it's 'easy' but the AQA course has a straightforward syllabus. It's pretty content rich but if you get your head round the 60 chapters (30 in micro 30 in macro) nothing will come up as a surprise in the exams.
first year i took 4 AS levels - sociology | psychology | economics | media.
second year i dropped media because i thought it was gonna get me nowhere, kept economics | psychology | sociology for A2 + picked up AS politics.
the workload was okay until it got to exam time then it all got a bit stressful. probably because uni' etc are counting on those results but as long as you make time to revise + do the homework, it's fine.
i really struggled with economics but still loved it, wasn't keen on politics but enjoyed the class, media wasn't my cuppa' tea hence the dropping of it, sociology was okay, nothing more nothing less, + psychology i'm taking on at uni. i liked it. :smile:
All In The Sig. :smile: I enjoyed all of them, except for biology, horrible, horrible subject. But it's easy, so meh!
I'm taking 3.
1. How many did you take?
2. What were they?
3. How did you find The workload?
4. Did you enjoy them?

Just curious :smile:

1. 3 AS levels, 3 A levels
2. Critical Thinking, Accountancy, Chemistry AS
Maths, Further Maths, Economics A level
3. Yeh was fine, workload wasn't much at all I managed to hold down a job as well as them.
4. All but Further Maths, but that was because I didn't put much effort it and didn't understand some of it.
Reply 74
3 A-levels along with a ****ty compulsory General studies :angry:
The workload was manageable. (A2 biology,chemistry and maths was purely self-taught, my teachers sucked soo much its unbelievable :colonhash:)
Reply 75
1. 5

2. Maths, further maths, physics, computing, general studies.

3. Maths and further was fairly easy. Physics was a fair lot but not too much. Computing I stayed behind until ~7 for 3 weeks running to get my project finished, but that was it really. No work for general studies. I did all homework in my breaks at college, and I was out for all-dayers most Saturdays with the football, Sunday = recovery day.

4. The maths, yes. Everything else, no.
I did 4 A2s (+General Studies AS and an EPQ)

A levels were History, Geography, Philosophy and Biology (all AQA)

Combined workload was quite high, but I loved History, Geography and Philosophy so didn't mind with them. However, Biology was deadly dull.
1. Two A2s... along with an AH and a H
2. Art and Eng Lit
3. High for both, because of coursework. As long as you're doing coursework on a topic you enjoy it isn't too bad, though.
4. I loved AS Eng lit, but A2 not as much (didn't enjoy my coursework...) As for art... yes, but purely because I enjoy making art, not because of the course.
Reply 78
Double your answer to this question and this is the length of your TSR penis in inches.

Disturbingly enough, this gives me a 12" penis.
EPQ isn't an AS but its worth quite alot of UCAS points which is good if you're applying to a uni which gives offers based on the UCAS tariff

Ah right, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest