The Student Room Group

Was I supposed to receive a declaration from Student Finance? (Urgent!)

^ As title says.

My application has been approved and I got my breakdown for all my finances as well but I'm sure I need a declaration form to sign?!

Can anyone shine some light on this?

Reply 1
Yeah, they send you a form and you sign it and send it back. Don't worry, I applied mega late last year and got my finance pretty quickly.
Once you've finished your application online, you're sent something to sign.

Once you post that back, I'm pretty sure you're done.
Reply 3
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Once you've finished your application online, you're sent something to sign.

Once you post that back, I'm pretty sure you're done.

Original post by Cicerao
Yeah, they send you a form and you sign it and send it back. Don't worry, I applied mega late last year and got my finance pretty quickly.

Thanks. :smile:

So should I call up and request one just to speed it up? Or is it too late? I mean it's 8th of August and I applied at the end of May lol. Had my breakdown form at home for 2 weeks now.
Reply 4
Original post by Nadooo
Thanks. :smile:

So should I call up and request one just to speed it up? Or is it too late? I mean it's 8th of August and I applied at the end of May lol. Had my breakdown form at home for 2 weeks now.

I called for another one (using the alternative non-premium phone numbers) and it was all good. I actually APPLIED around this time last year, believe it or not! I sent my declaration back when I was already in halls! I got my finance about 2 weeks after everyone else. :smile:
Reply 5
Did you apply online or by paper, if you applied on paper then there is no separate declaration to sign as you sign it as part of the paper form. It is only when you apply online that they post you one.
Reply 6
Original post by flipshot
Did you apply online or by paper, if you applied on paper then there is no separate declaration to sign as you sign it as part of the paper form. It is only when you apply online that they post you one.

Applied for the entire thing on paper but somehow I have an online account showing all the stuff I'm getting as well. Is that normal? :tongue:
Reply 7
Original post by Cicerao
I called for another one (using the alternative non-premium phone numbers) and it was all good. I actually APPLIED around this time last year, believe it or not! I sent my declaration back when I was already in halls! I got my finance about 2 weeks after everyone else. :smile:

Hey,

They have a non 0845 number you can phone? If so tell me what it is please! Sick of spending money in the phone when they don't pick up!

OP I'm in the same predicament as you except online it keeps telling me to send my parent's details even though I already did :s-smilie: getting worried I need enough money to pay the rent!
Reply 8
Original post by GeetarHero
They have a non 0845 number you can phone? If so tell me what it is please! Sick of spending money in the phone when they don't pick up!

Mod post says we're not allowed to post it on here since apparently calling it
will not reach the same department
as when you call the expensive line (which is a load of twaddle, but hey.)
Reply 9
Original post by Nadooo
Applied for the entire thing on paper but somehow I have an online account showing all the stuff I'm getting as well. Is that normal? :tongue:

Yep thats normal, everyone gets an online account one way or another no matter how they apply. Your status should be Approved, if they wanted a declaration from you then it would be Approved - Awaiting signature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending