The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I want to do the biology course at UEC and the grades are BBB too, i think that is what you were asking.... and yeah, im sure you do get an exeter degree.. not that i would mind really... i cant wait to go to UEC!!!!!! yaaaaaaaaaaay
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 21
...yes...yaaaaaaay indeed. In answer to your questions, yes there are differing requirements for each course...even though there are only 3 (really. Come on admit it.) In about 10 years, UEC will be great, because it'll have a massive student population and links to Truro will have improved - this is evidenced by the fact that the university currently has a variety of degree types...just not a variety of degrees.

AND currently, and I'm fairly sure for your year, a UEC degree is an Exeter degree. Whoever said UEC's not dragging down Exeter's results filled me with laughing and anger though - of course it is! You need lower grades to get in and the calibre of students isn't as good! It formed part of a feature by the Guardian not too long ago...or the Times. That said the quality of teaching, at least for English, was superb, and I hear Geography's got some brilliant lecturers. Although...the Biologists keep themselves to themselves...I dated one temporarily and the implication seemed to be they drank a lot...so if you're at all human and you don't take yourself as seriously as certain people on this thread you should enjoy it if you're not looking for a big city. But it does get as lonely as a big city, believe me on that. Choose wisely, I'm just stating an informed opinion...unlike people who've spent a day there and others who are members of an elitist organisation. Can a group who have their OWN freshers' week really give you an informed opinion on UEC and its freshers' week? (Or UEC itself for that matter? It's like asking the USSR to give an opinion on 1960s Europe. It's a part of it but separate.)

Think about it...
Reply 22
...to clarify though...the "on a plate" thing Zoe said. What you've got to remember is Exeter's much better situated and in what is generally percieved to be a much better environment. Its courses are wider-ranging, and if you want to emerge a social individual with anywhere near decent social skills, then it's a great place to be. Therefore it has more applications and has to make a higher offer based on that fact. If UEC asked for AAA they'd be laughed out of existence because, for a start, few know where it is, so they don't apply, and for a middle, it's in cornwall...so when they find out they don't go. For an end...go on someone supply that. Come on insult me. I'm a big boy. I can take it.

Latest

Trending

Trending