The Student Room Group

Dundee Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by noregrets
I just sent them an email asking them to elaborate a bit to see how my application could be improved (If I do decide to reapply). I never realised just how much goes into applying for medicine and just how attached you can become!

Edit: Did everyone else email that asrs-medicine address?

Where did you get that email from and how do you email it :smile:? Like what do you write, do you send it from your my dundee account or? Thanks :smile:
Reply 581
Original post by leezee
Your UKCAT and AS are amazing !! It is so unfair that they reject those really good applicants !!! :mad:

its such a shame they have rejected you as you have such an amazing ukcat and grades! this confuses me more as to what exactly they want out of an application? do u think they give more weighting to personal statement and reference as i cannot think of any other reason why they rejected u! sorry to hear that, i shall be receiving my rejection tomorrow seeming so many better applicants then me have been rejected
Reply 582
Original post by medschoolapplicant

Original post by medschoolapplicant
sameeee! wonder why we havent heard anything yet? x:confused:

Bad luck. Or maybe they're testing how we are with patience... (or patients, depending how you say it... :wink: )
Reply 583
sorry my above comment was to CalumBlack
Original post by HeatherM
Bad luck. Or maybe they're testing how we are with patience... (or patients, depending how you say it... :wink: )

i just found out..rejection but its ok as have other interviews! good luck! i checked track and it just said on their - no email or anything!x
Just got a rejection, not too disappointed, still got an interview for the med school I really wanted.
Just saw my rejection on Track... such a sad panda just now. :frown:

Ah well, at least I have one interview. Hope everybody else does well in their interviews and to those who have just been rejected maybe we can set up a rejects club? :P
(edited 12 years ago)
I spoke too soon - just got my rejection! Dang!

Really hope I get one interview from somewhere :frown:
Reply 588
Original post by leezee
Your UKCAT and AS are amazing !! It is so unfair that they reject those really good applicants !!! :mad:

Original post by lisa101
its such a shame they have rejected you as you have such an amazing ukcat and grades! this confuses me more as to what exactly they want out of an application? do u think they give more weighting to personal statement and reference as i cannot think of any other reason why they rejected u! sorry to hear that, i shall be receiving my rejection tomorrow seeming so many better applicants then me have been rejected

Guys, I may be wrong here but those 5 A's have been achieved in Scottish highers ... nevertheless, amazing stats. Please do correct me If I am wrong .
Reply 589
Original post by SRK.
Guys, I may be wrong here but those 5 A's have been achieved in Scottish highers ... nevertheless, amazing stats. Please do correct me If I am wrong .

yeah 5 as is scottish highers - don't know what the equivalent english qualification is.
Reply 590
Original post by kingme
yeah 5 as is scottish highers - don't know what the equivalent english qualification is.

It's quite difficult to compare as the english education system is very different. Also, english universities ask for adv. highers whereas scottish uni's are content with highers. nevertheless, they are the top grades one can achieve in Highers.
Reply 591
y
Original post by SRK.
It's quite difficult to compare as the english education system is very different. Also, english universities ask for adv. highers whereas scottish uni's are content with highers. nevertheless, they are the top grades one can achieve in Highers.

yeah, someone told me thats cos they think they are pretty much the same as a levels when they're actually solid by comparison.
Original post by SRK.

Yeah its Highers I got the 5A's in :smile:
Original post by LHC
Where did you get that email from and how do you email it :smile:? Like what do you write, do you send it from your my dundee account or? Thanks :smile:

It was the address that they emailed us the questionnaire from. Just emailed that address asking if they could give me more detailed feedback to see where I went wrong.
Reply 594
Rejection.... Why are Dundee so ruthless!!
Reply 595
Original post by baztech
Rejection.... Why are Dundee so ruthless!!

What!?! But your ukcat was ridiculously high! :O Was it not like over 700?
Sorry to hear that, hope you get other interviews!
Reply 596
Got a rejection....
Original post by leezee
Got a rejection....

Commiserations. That's both of us then - we clearly spoke to soon about wanting to hear!

Hopefully our other unis will get back to us soon. Best of luck :smile:
Reply 598
Original post by À la mode
Commiserations. That's both of us then - we clearly spoke to soon about wanting to hear!

yes, I hope they get to us with OFFERS !!!
Reply 599
Original post by À la mode

Are you a scottish student?
What grades do you have? and What about your UKCAT?? :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending