The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tianuk3
Sorry to hijack the thread but....

A quick question for any grad applying. Do you need to have good A-Levels or science related A-Levels?
Also if any grads have been given an interview/place, could you tell me what your background is? I'm tempted to apply here if I don't succeed this year.

I have read the requirements on the website but I am not sure they applicable to all applicants or just school leavers.

Many thanks.

Have you had a read here:

http://www.abdn.ac.uk/medicine/prospective/planning/graduateapps/
Reply 781
Does anyone know if Aberdeen are going to do a second round of interviews?
Reply 782
Original post by TooSexyForMyStethoscope

Thank you, I must've missed that.
Reply 783
Original post by tianuk3
Sorry to hijack the thread but....

A quick question for any grad applying. Do you need to have good A-Levels or science related A-Levels?
Also if any grads have been given an interview/place, could you tell me what your background is? I'm tempted to apply here if I don't succeed this year.

I have read the requirements on the website but I am not sure they applicable to all applicants or just school leavers.

Many thanks.

See my info if interested and give me a shout if you like.
Reply 784
Hi, everyone. For international applicants, are interviews sent by email, post or through the applicant portal? Thanks in advance.
Reply 785
Original post by medseeker
Does anyone know if Aberdeen are going to do a second round of interviews?

As far as I'm aware they continue giving out interviews into March. Don't worry if you haven't got an interview yet.
Reply 786
Original post by HishamG
Hi, everyone. For international applicants, are interviews sent by email, post or through the applicant portal? Thanks in advance.

As far as I'm aware everyone is sent interviews by email and post. You don't get anything through the applicant portal except rejection and offer as far as I'm aware.

Edit: Oh and a copy of the acknowledgement letter, how could I forget that :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 787
Original post by roar558
As far as I'm aware everyone is sent interviews by email and post. You don't get anything through the applicant portal except rejection and offer as far as I'm aware.

OK, thanks for the info. :smile:
Reply 788
Original post by roar558
As far as I'm aware they continue giving out interviews into March. Don't worry if you haven't got an interview yet.

awww, ok, Thank you! :smile:
Original post by HishamG

You get the email first, with a pdf format of the letter :smile: Don't worry, some internationals probably get it earlier since the interview takes place in Singapore in mid Feb, hence we've a one month notice. Yours may be somewhere else. All the best! :smile:
Reply 790
Original post by Metastasis
You get the email first, with a pdf format of the letter :smile: Don't worry, some internationals probably get it earlier since the interview takes place in Singapore in mid Feb, hence we've a one month notice. Yours may be somewhere else. All the best! :smile:

Thanks for the info. Good luck with your application. :smile: As for Singapore, which students get interviewed there?
Original post by HishamG
Thanks for the info. Good luck with your application. :smile: As for Singapore, which students get interviewed there?

I think Singaporeans and Malaysians and maybe some of the South East Asian applicants... unless Aberdeen visits Malaysia too then it'll be without the Malaysians? From what I gather they'll be held on 15-16th of Feb for this year.
Reply 792
I've just had the pleasure of looking in my cousins emails and texting him. He has an INTERVIEW for Aberdeen. Informed by email at 10.21am. Date yet to be confirmed :biggrin:

I'm so proud of him :smile:
Reply 793
Sorry i lie, after looking through the many attachments, it's on the 1st of Feb :smile:
Reply 794
Original post by DrWannabe
Sorry i lie, after looking through the many attachments, it's on the 1st of Feb :smile:

Congratulations to him. :biggrin:

Sigh, still almost 2 more months to go before we hear about offers and rejections from aberdeen though. :frown: Kinda wish I had exams or something to prepare for lol.
Reply 795
Original post by roar558

Original post by roar558
Congratulations to him. :biggrin:

Sigh, still almost 2 more months to go before we hear about offers and rejections from aberdeen though. :frown: Kinda wish I had exams or something to prepare for lol.

Ahh cheers, he phoned me super excited but then panicked about preparing LOL

Yeah it is a long wait, but it's worth it if an offer comes in! How are interviews at Aberdeen, how do they differ from what's on the website? When did you have yours?
Reply 796
Original post by DrWannabe
Ahh cheers, he phoned me super excited but then panicked about preparing LOL

Yeah it is a long wait, but it's worth it if an offer comes in! How are interviews at Aberdeen, how do they differ from what's on the website? When did you have yours?

Tbh as I said somewhere earlier in the thread it depends on the interviewer. Last year had several senarios, this year was almost completely ps orientated. Had mine sometime in november.
Reply 797
Original post by roar558

Original post by roar558
Tbh as I said somewhere earlier in the thread it depends on the interviewer. Last year had several senarios, this year was almost completely ps orientated. Had mine sometime in november.

Oh cool, i shall take the time to look back and do some research for him. I've not really been watching the thread if im honest. I'm currently in Durham studying medicine. I just thought i'd let people know some interviews are coming out today so check your emails :smile: I wish you and everyone the best of luck :biggrin:
I'm getting a bit worried now, Near the end of January and still nothing!
Reply 799
Original post by CalumBlack
I'm getting a bit worried now, Near the end of January and still nothing!

Don't worry, as has been said they give interviews right up to the deadline.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending