The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by DrWannabe
I found this on the website. Why no ties and short sleeves?

Dress Code: The wearing of white coats is no longer a requirement when you visit the hospital wards, however students are expected to appear clean, tidy and wearing reasonably smart clothes. Jeans and trainers are not permitted. In addition, male students should not wear a tie and shirt sleeves should be short or rolled up.

Infection control reasons for both. Bare below the elbows with regards to short sleeves
I found this on the website. Why no ties and short sleeves?

Dress Code: The wearing of white coats is no longer a requirement when you visit the hospital wards, however students are expected to appear clean, tidy and wearing reasonably smart clothes. Jeans and trainers are not permitted. In addition, male students should not wear a tie and shirt sleeves should be short or rolled up.

Infection control.

EDIT: oops didnt see someone had already answered above!
Reply 982
So I just had a look on the website. For 2011 entry they gave interviewed 597 people and gave out 368 offers. Basically more than a 60% chance of getting an offer after interview. I'm okay with this.
Original post by Braddd
So I just had a look on the website. For 2011 entry they gave interviewed 597 people and gave out 368 offers. Basically more than a 60% chance of getting an offer after interview. I'm okay with this.

Cheered me up, thanks! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 984
Everyone is going to hate me now, but i'd br surprised if any more interviews came out now. Maybe just a couple more. How i come to this conclusion is;

On an interview day they have two room interviewing every 20 mins. S0 9-12 is 18 candidates. They had a break from 12 until 1.30p, for the tour and lunch. And then some afternoon slots. So 12 candidates. 30 MINIMUM in any one interview day.

On the stalking WIKI there have been 16 interview days and two others that i know of from friends that aren't on there. The 1st and 7th Feb. So in total 18 days. How many other days thats arent on there i have no clue.

18 x 30 = 540 interviews.......
Everyone is going to hate me now, but i'd br surprised if any more interviews came out now. Maybe just a couple more. How i come to this conclusion is;

On an interview day they have two room interviewing every 20 mins. S0 9-12 is 18 candidates. They had a break from 12 until 1.30p, for the tour and lunch. And then some afternoon slots. So 12 candidates. 30 MINIMUM in any one interview day.

On the stalking WIKI there have been 16 interview days and two others that i know of from friends that aren't on there. The 1st and 7th Feb. So in total 18 days. How many other days thats arent on there i have no clue.

Aberdeen clearly state they give out interviews until the end of march in no particular order, is it march? i think not........be an optimist !!!

i think they vary the notice period of the interviews. they gave me 1 weeks notice of my interview but a boy i was talking to at my interview was given 4 weeks. i think there are still more interviews to come.
Original post by TheRabbit
Sorry for being so frank, I wasn't really thinking, its just considerably more than I remember it being for my year and so doesn't seem such a good deal anymore. Its all about the flat mates - he could pay more and not have a great flat. Those who lived in HB had a few complaints about temperature, dodgy cookers and the odd arrangement of sinks in the toilets but had good intra and interflat relationships.

It is a lot more... I seem to recall paying £72/wk for HB! And the cookers were not dodgy, they were retro. I had zero complaints about the temperature and remember being able to sit around in strappy tops pretty much year round if I so wanted. The shower, however, needed fixing every month or so to get it to produce hot water.

Even if this is the case, there are still 40 interviews to be given. And at least 5 were given interviews in March last year (on the stalking page) so I think a fair few others on here will be given interviews!

That would suggest that they were on time with every interview and that each lasted exactly 20 mins. Therefore I would say 30 is probably the maximum they could do in a day. Anyway why would admissions lie to us? They've said that about 350 have been given out
Original post by CalumBlack
That would suggest that they were on time with every interview and that each lasted exactly 20 mins. Therefore I would say 30 is probably the maximum they could do in a day. Anyway why would admissions lie to us? They've said that about 350 have been given out

Judging by the timescale from Nov-March, they are approx 4/5 of the way through handing out the interviews, which would imply that about 480 had been given out by now. However, this does not take into account months that they may give away more or less interviews in.

I think you're right though, they surely wouldn't lie.
Reply 991
Hey. I'm just putting across what we know, doesn't mean to say i'm completely right :smile:

There are another 6 interview days left in this month according to the WIKI with the last being on the 21st. Im not saying there will be absolutely no more interviews after this. Im saying that time is wearing a little thin that's all.

EDIT: Had a feeling this would get negged. But im sure some people who are desperate to know all they can will appreciate it. Its not a post to scare or hurt people.
(edited 12 years ago)
Have pre-interview rejections gone out at all out of interest? sorry if it's cropped up before, I'm new to this thread :smile:
Reply 993
Original post by a05aafzul

Original post by a05aafzul
Have pre-interview rejections gone out at all out of interest? sorry if it's cropped up before, I'm new to this thread :smile:

I've not been in the thread from the start, but i'm pretty sure no rejections have gone out yet according to TSR.
Tomorrow! How is it the 7th of February already? :redface:
Reply 995
Original post by noregrets

Tomorrow! How is it the 7th of February already? :redface:

You have nothing to worry about :smile: You'll do great.
You have nothing to worry about :smile: You'll do great.

Haha thanks, it's my first (and only) interview but we'll see what happens. Going into it with an open mind, can only do my best!
Reply 997

Haha thanks, it's my first (and only) interview but we'll see what happens. Going into it with an open mind, can only do my best!

Have a bottle of water with you before you go in. Your mouth just seems to dry up LOL

They offer you water in there so no problem there :smile:
i feel like vomiting, i want an interview from Aberdeen so much and still haven't heard anything. I'm a graduate anyone else in my boat?
Original post by caterpillar1988
i feel like vomiting, i want an interview from Aberdeen so much and still haven't heard anything. I'm a graduate anyone else in my boat?

There is no need to worry. Aberdeen interview well into March, so you could get an interview invite any time between now and mid March.

Unless you have been informed that your application has been unsuccessful then you are still in the game :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending